PDA

View Full Version : Do any other Toyota front seats have same bolt pattern as Yaris?

ScottFern
09-19-2006, 02:54 PM
I have my own weird idea going through my head and its just an idea as of right now.

But I just wanted to know if any other Toyota front seats have the same bolt pattern as the Yaris? I love the car and I just bought a seat cushion so we will see. However, I just wanted to know this information and have it in the back of my head I guess.

Thanks!

cali yaris
06-17-2007, 09:34 PM
They may, but remember the passenger side will also have airbag sensors to contend with or for you to try to match.

PetersRedYaris
06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Do you want new seats for comfort issues? I have tried to modify my drivers seat many different ways and have even replaced it with an XB seat (lots of bracket work required) only to find it's not the seat that's uncomfortable. It turns out it's the fact that the steering wheel is to close to the pedals and you have to lean forward to reach it causing your back to hunch over. The seat is comfortable, I just wish the Yaris had a teloscoping steering wheel.

eTiMaGo
06-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Do you want new seats for comfort issues? I have tried to modify my drivers seat many different ways and have even replaced it with an XB seat (lots of bracket work required) only to find it's not the seat that's uncomfortable. It turns out it's the fact that the steering wheel is to close to the pedals and you have to lean forward to reach it causing your back to hunch over. The seat is comfortable, I just wish the Yaris had a teloscoping steering wheel.

I totally agree... There was some talk some time ago of making a bracket to extend the steering wheel out a little, but it looks like nothing's come out of it yet:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4561

jaspie
06-18-2007, 02:25 AM

The Australian Yaris has telecoping adjusting steering wheel ~ Tilting as well ~

Sorry......you probably want to kill me now ~

Jaspie ~

kimona
06-18-2007, 08:41 AM
The Australian Yaris has telecoping adjusting steering wheel ~ Tilting as well ~

Jaspie ~

Shit!

Toyota America SUCKS!!!

PetersRedYaris
06-18-2007, 09:56 AM

Jaspie ~

WTF!!! You probably have a tachometer too. Why do we get the shit end of the stick here in America? No diesels, no tachometers (LB), no teloscopic steering wheel. This pisses me off.

Pars
06-19-2007, 12:28 AM
My Canadian 5dr liftback doesn't have telescopic (but we do get the tachometer). I believe the seats and the seating position is same as 3dr liftback, but not sure.

I don't have any problems with the steering position. I'm usually steering with one finger and a thumb, with the elbow resting against the door sill and the other hand picking my nose.

I find the Yaris seat comfortable, but I weight 260lb and probably force the seat to mold to my frame, while someone else may have trouble fitting into the cushion. It'd be cool if the seat had 6-way adjustment and you could create a recline seating position and have a steering telescope to make it work. But, I wouldn't pay extra for it, given that the current seating position is ok.

Edd
06-19-2007, 01:57 AM
WTF!!! You probably have a tachometer too.
Yep, all Yaris models in Aus have a digital speedo and tacho. I think they also all get the flat folding rear seats (maybe jaspie can confirm this). I think your Yaris ends up a lot cheaper (like your petrol), so you aren't getting a raw deal. :wink:

jaspie
06-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Yep, all Yaris models in Aus have a digital speedo and tacho. I think they also all get the flat folding rear seats (maybe jaspie can confirm this). I think your Yaris ends up a lot cheaper (like your petrol), so you aren't getting a raw deal. :wink:

Yep.....we have flat folding seats ~

Yea.....our Yaris' are more expensive ~ You can get is for US$15k???

We get ours for AU$20K....it can be more or less....depends on the model ~

jaspie ~

yrsdrgn
06-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Jaspie..........can you just ship your car oversees? haha I'll trade you!!!!! lol jk jk. the US yaris sucks when it comes to interior classiness. I think it's becuase all the companies dump all they moneys into making the SUVs all classy on the interior or w/e.

jaspie
06-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Jaspie..........can you just ship your car oversees? haha I'll trade you!!!!! lol jk jk. the US yaris sucks when it comes to interior classiness. I think it's becuase all the companies dump all they moneys into making the SUVs all classy on the interior or w/e.

Hahaha ~

You're gonna have to pay for the car and shipping fees too (damn the shipping fee will suck ~) ~

So I'm guessing the car will probably cost you AU$30K ~ Do you want to pay that much?

Hehe ~

Jaspie ~

Black Yaris
06-20-2007, 01:50 AM
I totally agree... There was some talk some time ago of making a bracket to extend the steering wheel out a little, but it looks like nothing's come out of it yet:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4561

how were your "ricer" seats adapted to your Yaris... were the brackets prefabbed? or were they custom fabbed? if the were prefabbed that may be an item to add to the next group buy

eTiMaGo
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
how were your "ricer" seats adapted to your Yaris... were the brackets prefabbed? or were they custom fabbed? if the were prefabbed that may be an item to add to the next group buy

They were custom-made, basically they welded the new seat frame onto the rails from the OEM seats...

And we need to find a solution quick for this comfort issue, this hot chick I know here who drives a Yaris is having leg pain on long drives because of this, and she is thinking of trading her Yaris for a Fit! I cannot let this blasphemy, this parody, this insult come to be! Help me YarisWorld!!! :biggrin:

Capagotks
07-02-2007, 03:36 AM
The seat is comfortable, I just wish the Yaris had a teloscoping steering wheel.

Mine does, but I'm in Australia as well. however it doesnt actually move up/down that far (or in/out either) not as far as ive seen on other cars

Capagotks
07-02-2007, 03:38 AM
Yep.....we have flat folding seats ~

Yea.....our Yaris' are more expensive ~ You can get is for US$15k???

We get ours for AU$20K....it can be more or less....depends on the model ~

jaspie ~

more like 16K AUD for the YR manual and no metalic paint

Edd
07-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Jaspie was talking about the YRX.

YR HATCHBACK
3 Door Hatchback manual
from $15,190*
3 Door Hatchback auto
from $16,690*
5 Door Hatchback manual
from $16,390*
5 Door Hatchback auto
from $17,890*

YRS HATCHBACK
3 Door Hatchback manual
from $16,990*
3 Door Hatchback auto
from $18,490*
5 Door Hatchback manual
from $18,190*
5 Door Hatchback auto
from $19,690*

YRX HATCHBACK
3 Door Hatchback manual
from $19,590*
3 Door Hatchback auto
from $21,090*
5 Door Hatchback manual
from $20,790*
5 Door Hatchback auto
from $22,290*

"Power package" ~$0 on all models
Metallic paint ~$350
Safety Package (side and curtain airbags) ~$750

cleong
07-02-2007, 06:32 AM
One of you Aussies better keep going to local scrapyards to hunt down written-off Yaris and ripping out parts that some of us here would want to buy, I know they're out there.

I for one would be up for a telescopically adjustable steering wheel (audio controls on the steering wheel are nice too), as well as the split-fold sliding rear seat.

socko
07-02-2007, 11:44 AM
If you remove a seat, please remember to disconnect your battery first. Otherwise, by disconnecting the wires to the seat, you may have to have the codes for the onboard computer reset when you put the seat back in and that will probably cost you about $50.