PDA

View Full Version : Windows - Little dirt bubbles/circles problem

JayCee
09-19-2006, 06:16 PM
I got my Yaris Hatchback T3 Spirit (Standard) on Friday, Its Tuesday today, I washed it with normal water and saw some dirt "bubbles" or lets say little circles on the windows. I havent ordered any funny tints or screen protection and doesnt matter how hard I wash it stays there..

Any idea what this can be ?

JayCee

casterqc
09-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I guess that happens when the car is brand new, I had the same problem the first weeks. Simply clean your windows a couple of times with a glass cleaner product when it is not too sunny outside...it will go away.

SimmZ
09-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Yes... I don't know why, but I own my 5th brand new car and they all do the same. But it disappear when I put some heavy dark tint.

JayCee
09-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanks for your replies. I wanted to send it back to Toyota - enjoy your weekend. JayCee

hasher22
09-22-2006, 08:34 AM
ur sending it back to toyota for a little circles on ur window??....keep washing it with some window cleaner and it will go away over time

07WYarisRS
09-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Rain X helps

every car/ glass window does this

vodkalush
09-22-2006, 02:02 PM
If you wear* some "filtered" sunglass you'll see that about every other car (atleast in cities) have that happen...

when I lived in the sticks i never once saw any "dirt bubbles" on anybodys car, but then again i was never looking :-/

JayCee
09-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Hehe - yea its my first NEW car and I recon I'm the only one who noticed it - but its still not what one expects on a brand new cars window. Will keep washing it hehe - thanks

bikergal
09-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I think what you are seeing is from the machine/suction cups used to place the window in the car at manufacturing. I asked about this when I bought my first new car and this was the answer I got :wink:

jeff_o
09-23-2006, 04:16 PM
in our country where the air is polluted and very humid, this is one of the common problems we have in our window/glasses. Just right after i wash my car, small drop sized water circles start to form + a lil dirt on em. Then when my friend opened up a car detailing shop, he told me that i have to rub and buff them off using an alcohol or petrol based compound. That's what i did and it helped. if you see those spots in the future, it's probly due to dirty or acidic rain or impurities in air.

JayCee
09-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Its is Exactly what you described there Jeff. It gives the impression of a dirty window and raindrops fell on it and got dry - those small little circles that cannot be washed away. Im going to take it in anyways and ask them to see if it needs a buff, alcohol etc and how I can protect it.

Will keep you posted on the results. I am SOOO happy with the new car !

jeff_o
09-23-2006, 08:15 PM
goodluck jaycee.... if things don't work out, try to find a good detailing shop and look for their services. my friend's detailing shop is not in South Africa, but you can look for their services at http://www.bigberts.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=66 (look for glass polishing) and find a similar service in your location.

JayCee
09-26-2006, 05:48 AM
Thanks buddy.

vodkalush
09-26-2006, 11:15 AM
I am afraid this may be a never ending battle between you and polution.. just add window "buffing" to your car waxing sched.

JayCee
10-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Will do