PDA

View Full Version : TRD Supercharger???

TRDMarty
06-06-2009, 03:19 PM
I remember seeing a photo within the past week or 2 of a yaris with what appears to of had a TRD Supercharger on it. Does in fact Toyota or the TRD division make a forced induction system for the Yaris???

A couple -o- questions
If so, in California;

1) Is it available?
2) IS IT SMOG LEGAL?
3) What is the COST $$$$ ?
4) Is it a simple bolt-on? (usually most Toyota parts are)
5) What about fuel milage vs power? (currently get 41 MPG)
6) What is the ordering part #
7) Have any of you guys actually used or owned one of these??
If so, what do you think of it??

I know that you guys are the experts on this and I'm new to the Yaris world.

2008 Hatchback S (Polar White), 18'' TRD's, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD lowering springs & swaybar, Tanabe Front Tower Bar.

Thanks, Marty

Jeemee
06-06-2009, 03:28 PM
The dealership here just told me they had one, but honestly I don't know if he know what he was talking about. I'd like to know as well.

gwasabi
06-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't think the dealer knows what they are talking about. Last time I asked about it at the dealership they were like

Yea, yea man we have the super charger for the yaris. It's the same one for the XA and it just pops right in. All xa parts are interchangable with the yaris and what not. I got so sick of his bullshit I laid it out straight to him and told him i'd slap his face upside down if he ever put that bullshit on anyone else again!

So I would not trust that TRD kit unless you know for SURE its for the YAris.

TRDMarty
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
ehco, yep thats the pic I remember seeing.
Can you give any info about the Blitz unit on your car??
Marty

1NZYaris1
06-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Garm sells them at Micro Image :thumbsup:

cali yaris
06-06-2009, 06:26 PM
^ I do (thanks Ray), and there are plenty of threads on here that are available for learning about the Blitz kit.

I don't know of a forced induction system that is smog legal, however, I think we can start there.