PDA

View Full Version : 41PSI boost on a 2.0L? Works great!

auxmike
06-07-2009, 08:10 PM
At least on this freakin' thing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RRelSyPwQ&feature=channel_page

auxmike
06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Not enough?
How 'bout 50PSI at 10,000 RPM then?:wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESluRK3kdM8&feature=related

Parmas
06-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Nice videos there !! would be awesome to drive that beast

anonymous user
06-08-2009, 02:04 AM
Nice videos there !! would be awesome to drive that beast

Yeah, can you handle 1/2 that power?

PHXDEMON
06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
That sounds like a recipe for detonation.

toyo
06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
holly shit freaking awesome!

toyo
06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
and it's 55 psi!

The Spectacle
06-10-2009, 09:07 PM
That sounds like a recipe for detonation.

*thud*

http://apublicdefender.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/facepalm.jpg

CompanyXPaladin
06-10-2009, 09:48 PM
*thud*

Your retorts are magical, but please, pretty please, post something relevant. At least explain yourself, and teach us poor ignorant masses your infinite turbocharged wisdom. :biggrin:

The Spectacle
06-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Your retorts are magical, but please, pretty please, post something relevant. At least explain yourself, and teach us poor ignorant masses your infinite turbocharged wisdom. :biggrin:

Since you asked so nice...

A car like that is not going to "detonate". Its compression has been lowered, its long block reinforced with forged components & its tuned on race gas (110+ leaded gas). Trust me, the last thing you're worried about in that car is detonation in the traditional sense (like a DIY street tune). At those power levels, you're more worried about breaking things like the tranny's, axles & diffs.

Obviously, Mr. "detonation" a few posts above hasn't been involved with FI for too long to understand that a car like that isn't worried about if it will break, just when. But detonation? Last thing on the list to be worried about with tuners of that caliber. (You think a tuner that takes a 4cyl to 1000hp can't tune out detonation lol?)

Any more questions just ask.

You're welcome.

- The Spectacle

Tamago
06-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Obviously, Mr. "detonation" a few posts above hasn't been involved with FI for too long to understand that a car like that isn't worried about if it will break, just when.

You're welcome.

- The Spectacle

at what point did cars develop feelings and emotions? fkin LAWL at your stupidity

auxmike
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
We're not worthy, we're not worthy! :bow:

The Spectacle
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
at what point did cars develop feelings and emotions? fkin LAWL at your stupidity

Please do the site a favor and go back to 'ignoring' me. :thumbup:

mikenacarato
06-10-2009, 10:22 PM
testicle: please so this site a favor and go back to not being here.

auxmike
06-10-2009, 10:33 PM
testicle: please so this site a favor and go back to not being here.

:bellyroll:

CompanyXPaladin
06-10-2009, 11:36 PM
See? Is it really so difficult to actually post something almost intelligent? Granted, it takes a little while longer to type out than just posting a witty picture that some clever uncredited person conveniently placed on the internet for you, but it actually helps - and as an added bonus, almost gives the illusion that you can think.

On any car producing that much power, a built motor is a given (not to mention stated in the video). Since it didn't break in the video, it's inferred that the axles, transmission, differentials, etc. have been replaced with tougher components. In fact, a special thanks for the "Solid dog box" (that's the tranny) was given.

Its not the fact that the car is producing an absurd amount of power that will cause it to break - although that certainly doesn't help. It's the fact that the car is constantly being pushed to it's limits that will make something break. What will break depends on what components have been used where. Every system has a 'weakest link,' which often makes itself known only when it breaks. However, "tuners of that caliber" would already know this, and be prepared for it.

It's ridiculous to think that you know everything there is to know about cars, and that you are the only person who knows anything about cars, which is what we all insinuate you think from your arrogantly stated posts. Not only do you make yourself look idiotic (not that this matters much on the internet), but you make yourself unwelcome in an otherwise friendly community. Maintaining this attitude, even on the internet, also prevents you from actually learning anything, which is the main benefit of online forums, such as YarisWorld. This begs the question: Why are you here, and why are you such an ass?

Since you asked so nice...

A car like that is not going to "detonate". Its compression has been lowered, its long block reinforced with forged components & its tuned on race gas (110+ leaded gas). Trust me, the last thing you're worried about in that car is detonation in the traditional sense (like a DIY street tune). At those power levels, you're more worried about breaking things like the tranny's, axles & diffs.

Obviously, Mr. "detonation" a few posts above hasn't been involved with FI for too long to understand that a car like that isn't worried about if it will break, just when. But detonation? Last thing on the list to be worried about with tuners of that caliber. (You think a tuner that takes a 4cyl to 1000hp can't tune out detonation lol?)

Any more questions just ask.

You're welcome.

- The Spectacle

The Spectacle
06-11-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm here because I have a Yaris (that I love btw) and when I did google search for Yaris's when I was researching them, Yarisworld came up.

I don't believe I know more any everyone. But after reading through the FI forum, I know more about FI than 98% of the users that post here. Not arrogant, just fact.

I'm an ass because its fun. Seeing people put me on ignore, call me names, and jump up and down begging to get me banned is just comical to me. There are websites that I frequent that the average Yarisworld member wouldn't last a day on. When you come from seasoned websites like those (clubrsx, honda-tech, etc), the level of gearhead maturity here is downright comical. There's guys on here that do and say some of the most backwoods retarded shit I've ever seen done to a car. Some of it I just laugh at and keep it clicking, but some of it I just cannot let go. Hence, the facepalm.

auxmike
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
LOL!

Tamago
06-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't believe I know more any everyone. But after reading through the FI forum, I know more about FI than 98% of the users that post here. Not arrogant, just fact.

knowing and being able to apply are two very different things. do YOU do your own forced induction setups or are you another typical internet bench racer who has no actual HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, and just regurgitates bullshit read on other forums, and heard spoken by ACTUAL MECHANICS?? ? you say LOL at all the comments you read but you never give a reason why you THINK you're right, you just say "you're wrong". start giving examples, start actually being useful and helpful on here instead of an internet-dick and maybe you'll be worth your weight around here.

please, show us all how awesome your engine skills are, because you have ignored any questions as to what you can actually do. . which in itself makes you a waste of bandwidth.

The Spectacle
06-11-2009, 11:22 AM
For someone who's got me on ignore, you sure do quote and respond to my posts a lot.

I have years of hands on experience and I know what I'm talking about. I'll never pretend like I've built a motor from the ground up, installed a turbo, and tuned it myself. Nope, not me. But I've done my own turbo installs (and subsequent de-installs) and know my way around a 4cyl motor.

I guess now instead of just making fun of you guys for being ignorant I'll start proving it.

No problem.

Tamago
06-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I guess now instead of just making fun of you guys for being ignorant I'll start proving it.

No problem.

so STFU and start proving it already mr important lol

cali yaris
06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I guess now instead of just making fun of you guys for being ignorant I'll start proving it. No problem.

I'm glad you posted this, and that it's no problem. Please start a thread for your project.

The Spectacle
06-11-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm glad you posted this, and that it's no problem. Please start a thread for your project.

Will do. But it won't be a Yaris ;)

Tamago
06-11-2009, 12:37 PM

we're all waiting expectantly to see pictures of you actually working on your own project!!!!

scape
06-11-2009, 01:08 PM
LOL!

http://yarisworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24787&stc=1&d=1244731236

:bellyroll:

Sabretooth
06-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Tamago has made yet another friend!!!!

lol..

I think its funny in a sense.

Think, we are on an Econobox forum, majority of us wont even touch a mod, if the install is longer than 3 hours to do. Or it isnt an easy bolt-on job... Or we stick to a certain set of mods, cosmetic or suspension, whatever it may be.

I include myself in this catagory of people, just some of us try and learn about some things before diving into a big over the top and expensive project that they didnt expect coming.

Either way, every person here has a downfall to what they know, you might be able to rebuild an engine, or install your own turbo kit...but you might know nothing at all about installing a sound system in your car, or you fail at trying to do your own window tint... Everyone cant be an expert in all fields relating to the topic at hand. Hence why this forum is a community effort to try and solve questions and resolves any problems another member might have. Not create a whole mess of new ones, as this topic is starting to become.

eTiMaGo
06-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks Sabretooth, I could not have said it better :smile:

mikenacarato
06-11-2009, 01:34 PM

well since you know so much about the 1NZ-FE it better be a yaris.....

Tamago
06-11-2009, 01:35 PM
well since you know so much about the 1NZ-FE it better be a yaris.....

no, no no, let's see what he comes up with (or steals from another forum)

The Spectacle
06-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Don't hold your breath...won't be starting my project for another 2-3 months. When its all said and done, it will cost about as much as my Yaris did brand new.

Tamago
06-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Don't hold your breath...won't be starting my project for another 2-3 months. When its all said and done, it will cost about as much as my Yaris did brand new.

who is doing the work? be honest please.

The Spectacle
06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Same guys who built my custom catback on the Yaris:

http://www.lhtperformance.net/

Tamago
06-11-2009, 02:57 PM
so, you'll be starting on a project by what, handing your credit card to a shop?

wow. your credibility is going WAY up in my book.

try not to get any dirt under your fingernails in the process :laugh:

The Spectacle
06-11-2009, 03:07 PM
so, you'll be starting on a project by what, handing your credit card to a shop?

wow. your credibility is going WAY up in my book.

try not to get any dirt under your fingernails in the process :laugh:

This is getting repetitive and annoying. Don't expect me to play this game much longer with you.

I don't have the time nor the patience to do my own wrenching anymore. Got out of that game a long time ago. I will be intimately involved in all aspects of the build from sourcing parts to blueprinting out the setup and its functionality according to my desires. Hats off to the grassroots guys that get down and dirty with their cars but with what I'm planning, something of this magnitude takes access to lifts, full compliment of tools, lots of space and, most importantly, TIME. I don't have any of it, but I do have sufficient funds to make up for that. In the end, I will get exactly what I pay for but the difference is, I'll know what I paid for. I'm not one of these kids that drops their cars off with daddy's money and gets back a well put together car but doesn't know anything about it.

Hope this is making your day because you have CERTAINLY given me a good amount of laughs these last couple of days. My advice is stick to what you konw...when you see me post something inaccurate, please by all means call me out. Until then, try and stay in your lane.

Tamago
06-11-2009, 03:10 PM
so, what are you building? this is getting VERY repetitive.

The Spectacle
06-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh and btw, way to take a post out of context to try to make me look bad. That's just mature as mature gets. How you correlated HU bolts with FI, I'll never know.

Step into reality homie. Its bright and sunny out here.

Tamago
06-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh and btw, way to take a post out of context to try to make me look bad. That's just mature as mature gets. How you correlated HU bolts with FI, I'll never know.

Step into reality homie. Its right bright and sunny out here.

you are the all knowing master who doesn't own an 8mm socket for his socket set.

hey, i only used YOUR WORDS.. :clap: i've learned enough about you at this point to take what you type with a grain of salt from now on.

mikenacarato
06-11-2009, 04:35 PM
lol his project will cost him as much as his yaris was new.....my project has more than doubled that.

Tamago
06-11-2009, 05:25 PM
lol his project will cost him as much as his yaris was new.....my project has more than doubled that.

fyi it's an S2000

mikenacarato
06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
well if it really is an s2000....call me if you need any help....especially if you turbo it....ive been through it all

Tamago
06-11-2009, 07:17 PM
I am goal oriented and seeking nothing but the best out of life. I'm largely focused on becoming the most intelligent and well respected person you will ever encounter. I put my all into everything I attempt in life and reaTp the benefits of a job well done not only because of its outcome, but also because of the self satisfaction that it brings to my sense of self being. If you'd like to learn more about me and the way I think, browse over to my blogs and take a few minutes to read up. I'm sure there's something you may find interesting.

this guy is a trip

The Spectacle
06-11-2009, 07:48 PM
well if it really is an s2000....call me if you need any help....especially if you turbo it....ive been through it all

Going for 450whp on pump...

mikenacarato
06-11-2009, 08:09 PM
well the one i built made just about that. its still cruising around today just with a new owner.

clappitty
06-30-2009, 12:40 PM
well the one i built made just about that. its still cruising around today just with a new owner.

please tell me it's white with polished xd9's and is owned by a subie owner now....... :wub: