PDA

View Full Version : Southeast: High Performance driving school; Roebling Road, GA

kngrsll
06-17-2009, 05:15 PM
the local SCCA region is putting on a track day the last weekend in June! Come check it out!!

http://www.scsportscar.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=282

should be awesome, check it out!

If you are free Friday, Seat-Time.com is having an event as well!

http://www.seat-time.com/html/main.htm

I will be instructing at the saturday/sunday sessions. If someone wants, i could probably make sure that I am your instructor.

HTM Yaris
06-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I will be there Friday the 26th , on track , and with cameras :cool:

kngrsll
06-22-2009, 05:41 PM
I wont be making friday, but ill be there saturday and sunday!

we are going to camp if you are interested

HTM Yaris
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I will be camping in Longcreek SC on Saturday .

Word to the wise . Get a thermo-cell ( WalMart ) for the skeeters and gnats . You can thank me later . Also bring a fan and an extension cord . Before you sack out , fill a large cooler full of ice , position the fan so that it blows the cool air off the cooler onto you . Again you can thank me later . Oh yeah , watch out for the fireants :smile:

kngrsll
06-22-2009, 07:08 PM
lol, man sounds like trouble

HTM Yaris
06-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Just trying to help . I mean think about it , you will be hot , tired and sweaty Sat . You KNOW it will be 80+ degrees at night so you will sweat more . You will be tired/dehydrated on Sun.

If the fireants find you , you may not drive the next day . But you could set a box of cookies or something out away from your tent to distract them .

I'm not trying to discourage you from camping , just a warning ...

kngrsll
06-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Just trying to help . I mean think about it , you will be hot , tired and sweaty Sat . You KNOW it will be 80+ degrees at night so you will sweat more . You will be tired/dehydrated on Sun.

If the fireants find you , you may not drive the next day . But you could set a box of cookies or something out away from your tent to distract them .

I'm not trying to discourage you from camping , just a warning ...

oh i know, thanks! I just didnt think of ANY of those things :rofl:

kngrsll
06-26-2009, 01:08 PM
alright, taking off! ill try to get plenty of pics (and some in car??!)

HTM Yaris
06-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Yeah I seen ya on my way out , I left my can o pee with Grey so ya'll won't get toasted . I'll post some vid when I get back Monday evening :slice:

Oh yeah , I pretty much melted a set of Michelins :headbang:

kngrsll
06-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah I seen ya on my way out , I left my can o pee with Grey so ya'll won't get toasted . I'll post some vid when I get back Monday evening :slice:

Oh yeah , I pretty much melted a set of Michelins :headbang:

LOL yeah the car is FAST. Wade is doing 32's

Tamago
06-27-2009, 08:14 PM
what harness are you using?

kngrsll
06-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Sabelt

HTM Yaris
06-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Yup , the car is fast :headbang: I got into 1:33 range in the morning . But in the afternoon when the tires and track heated up I was in the 1:34 , 1:35's consistently . Time for some new tires . I drove a Miata on Bridgestone Re 11's . They were sweet . Very capable . Hmmmm .

Peeps were saying I was on 3 wheels in turn 2 and 4 . The car rotated very well without a swaybar , but i think I will get one anyway just to keep up with Wade :bow: I got to 110 mph a couple of times before I would brake at 250' mark .

Can't wait to go back :cool:

Oh , Stock belts

kngrsll
06-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Yup , the car is fast :headbang: I got into 1:33 range in the morning . But in the afternoon when the tires and track heated up I was in the 1:34 , 1:35's consistently . Time for some new tires . I drove a Miata on Bridgestone Re 11's . They were sweet . Very capable . Hmmmm .

Peeps were saying I was on 3 wheels in turn 2 and 4 . The car rotated very well without a swaybar , but i think I will get one anyway just to keep up with Wade :bow: I got to 110 mph a couple of times before I would brake at 250' mark .

Can't wait to go back :cool:

Oh , Stock belts

What tires were you running?

We ended up in the 33's for me, and 32's for wade after the first day. The second day, i improved quite a bit, and so did wade but we didnt keep track of the times!! :( We are on the sticky dunlops. The car drives REALLY well. Everyone was BLOWN AWAY at how fast and fun the yaris is!! I think we will be selling some soon LOL!

DJ, you should pick up a rear sway bar and a SEAT!! I got a good seat now and it made all the difference. It was hard to stay in it without it! Are you flat through 3? it takes some major balls, but the car will do it!

I wish i had some pics, but everyone that i know was in our group so we didnt get any shots!

HTM Yaris
07-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I am using Michelin Exalto PE2 ( 240 treadwear) . The were singing through many of the turns :biggrin: I will be getting either BS re 11's or the Dunlops . I probably will get the rear sway bar , just don't know which one yet . Yeah I was goin through turn 3 flat out ( 90-95 mph) . Yeah definately fun . Can't wait until August 1-2 .

kngrsll
07-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I am using Michelin Exalto PE2 ( 240 treadwear) . The were singing through many of the turns :biggrin: I will be getting either BS re 11's or the Dunlops . I probably will get the rear sway bar , just don't know which one yet . Yeah I was goin through turn 3 flat out ( 90-95 mph) . Yeah definately fun . Can't wait until August 1-2 .

i will be there, hopefully testing new parts!!