PDA

View Full Version : No Horn when pressing Alarm

Alizahir
09-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Hi Guys... just bought a 2007 Yaris... I LOVE IT!!!

I live in Ontario, Canada.

Came with stock keyless remote entry with alarm. The problem is that no matter how many times I press the "lock" button on the remote, the car does not honk to assure that it is locked. The lights flash, but no horn. Is there a way to re-program this? I took it to the dealer and they said this is just the way it is... but somehow I don't beleive them.

Any help is appreciated.
:thumbup:

vodkalush
09-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Unless I'm mistaken (which I prob am) but when looking through the manual only the PR yaris's come with the alarm.... you should see a flashing led on the dash if equip.

Katana
09-24-2006, 03:17 AM
Correct, only the fully equipped Yaris comes with alarm.

Alizahir
09-27-2006, 11:31 AM
but the remote on the key has a "panic" button. can it have a panic button on the remote that works (car honks, etc), but no alarm in the car?

:iono:

Violin
09-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Mine has no alarm, only keyless entry. It doesn't honk when you lock it - the lights just flash.

You can use the panic feature to find your car if you lose it in the parking lot.

sroberts
09-27-2006, 04:35 PM
you probably do not have an alarm but rather just the keyless entry like mine. The lights flash to let you know the doors are locked. I believe if you get the VIP alarm option then it will honk??

Alizahir
09-27-2006, 11:12 PM
does your have a "protection sticker" in the driver/passenger window? it says "vehicle tracking system" or something among those lines?

07WYarisRS
09-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Hi Guys... just bought a 2007 Yaris... I LOVE IT!!!

I live in Ontario, Canada.

Came with stock keyless remote entry with alarm. The problem is that no matter how many times I press the "lock" button on the remote, the car does not honk to assure that it is locked. The lights flash, but no horn. Is there a way to re-program this? I took it to the dealer and they said this is just the way it is... but somehow I don't beleive them.

Any help is appreciated.
:thumbup:

Are you sure it has an alarm?

My remote keyless has a panic button on the key chain but the car does not have an alarm. It too only flashes the lights to tell you it's locked. Personally I lock my car with the switch on the drivers door before I get out and check it before I walk away.
I've installed an aftermarket alarm as well

ToyVitz
09-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Some of the new Toyota's come with keyless entry and do not honk or beep when the buttons are pressed. My tC that I used to have was this way. The panic button should still work...you just need to hold the button in for like 5 seconds or so and you'll get some honking. I often wondered why they didn't include the beep or honk myself when the doors are locked or unlocked...