PDA

View Full Version : DIY: Big Foot Mod

H8SGAS
09-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Do you need to do this mod? Here is a test, does the HUGE dead pedal interfere with clutch travel because your foot gets caught on it? If so you too may have big foot syndrome (16's here 15s if leather and on sale :biggrin: ) Here is one method of solving the problem.

First remove the bottom door sill and the corner trim next to the dead pedal. Then peel the carpet back and remove the styrofoam block

Then mark the desired amount you wish to be removed with a pencil and cut the offending pieces away (I used a hack saw.) Be sure to leave the nub at the bottom so it sits back into the slot nicely.

That is it! Place the styrofoam back in and not only will you still have a decent sized dead pedal but you can drive with any pair of your shoes not just the super narrow ones or taking shoes off to drive (winter is coming taking boots off would have sucked!) It still looks stock since the left side holds the form and I can put my foot to the floor now if desired. I do imagine I'll wear the carpet above the area cut away though.

ChinoCharles
09-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Nice DIY! 14's here, although I don't seem to have a problem, but I know a lot of members have been bitching about the same problem, so they'll be glad to see this thread.

ItsMyDaily
09-25-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm sure my size 17 foot would benefit greatly if my Yaris wasn't an auto.:laugh:

H8SGAS
09-26-2006, 02:59 AM
Ohhh man how did you get an S2000! :biggrin: Out of curiosity are you not as tall as 17s would suggest, I know, I know not all people with big feet are tall and we shouldn't assume :laugh:. I'm lean and 6'4" barefoot myself and for the longest time wanted a S2000 very bad. I must have sat in ten each time with the frivolous thought of "I'll fit this time." Even as bad as I wanted one, I couldn't as one knee was hanging over the passenger seat and one trying to bust through the driver door and even still I tried to convince myself it would work! If only they had tilting telescopic wheel!!

ItsMyDaily
09-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Ohhh man how did you get an S2000! :biggrin: Out of curiosity are you not as tall as 17s would suggest, I know, I know not all people with big feet are tall and we shouldn't assume :laugh:. I'm lean and 6'4" barefoot myself and for the longest time wanted a S2000 very bad. I must have sat in ten each time with the frivolous thought of "I'll fit this time." Even as bad as I wanted one, I couldn't as one knee was hanging over the passenger seat and one trying to bust through the driver door and even still I tried to convince myself it would work! If only they had tilting telescopic wheel!!

:laugh: Actually I am also 6'5. The first question anyone would ask me when I got the S was..."How do you fit in that thing?".... :biggrin: . To be honest with you I have no idea how I fit in the S. If I was any bigger then it wouldn't work, but it's like it was a perfect fit. I had an 04 and they were a little roomier then the previous models. I had the seat as far back as possible, and somehow it works for me.

I could never heel toe in the S though because of my shoe size. There just wasn't enough room for my big ass feet to do anything but normal driving. :burnrubber:

birdman
09-07-2010, 04:42 AM
I removed the entire foot rest and hammered the inner wheel well. Glued firm fiber carpet mat to flatten floor evenly. Carefully shortened gas pedal about 3 inches and I have just enough leg room to where not having a telescopic steering wheel is OK. I had to remake front carpets but it was fun and still has a factory-ish look. This car isn't perfect but I don't need perfect to be satisfied.

Crossbow
05-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Hey Guys,

Has anyone done this mod to a vehicle that is driven by both a tall person with large feet (6 foot 3 and 15's) and a more average sized person? (5 foot 3, and women's 7). I only ask, because I'm interested in doing this mod, but my lady is worried about it effecting her foot position in a negative way.

tk1971
05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
You don't have to cut the whole thing off. Start by cutting off some material to thin it down so that you're both comfortable.