PDA

View Full Version : who won this ebay car?! username 9***z

jonismyname
07-01-2009, 09:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130313601019&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AMOTORS%3A1123&salenotsupported#ht_1008wt_1187

"wrecked" with lots of parts for $550 VERY local.

if you're on here, get ahold of me! i'm trying to find a way to message this person through ebay... any idea's?

this is within 30 min of me, and i would love a few spare parts to toy with without a backup! so if you're around, speak to me! and if not, anyone know how to contact this person through ebay?

tuckevalastin
07-01-2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19485&highlight=spare+parts

that was the thread on the sale

CTScott
07-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I totally forgot about the end time for the auction. I had been watching it since the post above brought it to my attention. For $550 I would have grabbed it in a heart beat...

Revsson
07-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Maybe you could contact the seller using the Ask the Seller link and see if they
would forward your contact information to the buyer.

alch3miss
07-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I have brand new stock suspension and brand new stock air intake for this Yaris 3 DR lift. I still have my originals from when I swapped out for my upgrades.

jonismyname
08-01-2009, 07:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130321463775&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:MOTORS:1123

it's back. current bid $20....

CTScott
08-01-2009, 09:21 AM
OK. This time I'm not going to miss the end of the auction. I'll grab it, if I can snag it for the $550 (or less) that it closed for the last time.

I wonder why the last winner jumped ship?

Revsson
08-01-2009, 09:48 AM
They list it as having:

Cruise Control
Steering Wheel Controls

I don't see any of that from the pics. :confused:
Where is the cruise stalk?
What controls on the steering wheel?

Maybe that's why they bailed?? :iono:

ChinoCharles
08-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I'd be interested in the motor if someone on here really does buy it.

CTScott
08-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd be interested in the motor if someone on here really does buy it.

That's actually what I'm looking to buy it for. I recently acquired some info that brings me a step closer to cracking the ECM. I want to have a complete working engine on the bench to experiment with.

yarisitis
08-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey, I'd be interested in buying the fan motor if one of you guys wins this auction.

enviri
08-01-2009, 09:26 PM
im interested in getting the rear axle rofl (some of you know why)...shit, i'll chip in 100 too.

Revsson
08-02-2009, 11:20 PM
That's actually what I'm looking to buy it for. I recently acquired some info that brings me a step closer to cracking the ECM. I want to have a complete working engine on the bench to experiment with.

You must have a pretty big workbench :eyebulge:

ChinoCharles
08-02-2009, 11:22 PM

As long as its for a good cause. :biggrin:

CTScott
08-03-2009, 08:02 AM
You must have a pretty big workbench :eyebulge:

I have a big garage (30' x 44') and am getting my lift in a couple of weeks. I have a bench ready to mount the engine to - My engine lift is sitting there waiting for a donor.

auxmike
08-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow, there's not much usable stuff left on that one! Mabye the radio still works??:iono:

Mabye you should ask for pics of the engine. Seems fishey that they don't show what is probably the only usable piece in that car....

alch3miss
08-06-2009, 12:02 AM
If you need some stock parts from my blazing blue hatch; the hatch, hood, rear seats, suspension; or original intake let me know. Everything is in mint condition.

CTScott
08-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Wow, there's not much usable stuff left on that one! Mabye the radio still works??:iono:

Mabye you should ask for pics of the engine. Seems fishey that they don't show what is probably the only usable piece in that car....

I have sent them a couple of messages through ebay requesting some additional info. None of them have been replied to. I am starting to think that the first round buyer backed out for a good reason. If I'm going to drive 3+ hours to trailer the thing home, the engine better run and not be damaged.

CTScott
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
WooHooo!!!! This round I won it for $631.

auxmike
08-09-2009, 10:04 PM
WooHooo!!!! This round I won it for $631.

Hey Ct,
First CONGRATS! Nice score. Second, can you flip the hood open and post a shot or two of the engine BEFORE you pull it? Also, would like to see if the tranny case cracked from the impact...

CTScott
08-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey Ct,
First CONGRATS! Nice score. Second, can you flip the hood open and post a shot or two of the engine BEFORE you pull it? Also, would like to see if the tranny case cracked from the impact...

I'm wondering about that myself. I'd really like the tranny to be a good spare for my auto. Hopefully I'll be going up next Sunday to pick it up and find out just how good or bad it is.

enviri
08-09-2009, 11:58 PM
I'd really like the tranny to be a good spare for my auto.

with a helical LSD put in, right? :P

CTScott
08-14-2009, 12:10 AM
I picked it up today. After a 3 1/2 hour drive each way, and about 1 1/2 hours to get it ready to load onto the uhaul car trailer, it is home.

A friend came with me to give me a hand. When we arrived and he saw the car he though I was absolutely nuts. I asked to guy to start it for me and he turned it key and it purred like a brand new Yaris. My buddy's jaw was on the ground. We only ran it for a couple of seconds, as the belt was shredded, so the water pump wasn't being driven.

The guy who had it buys cars at auctions, cleans them up and then resells them. He had a few totals there that he had bought for parts. He hauled it from the field of cars to the driveway with a flatbed to make it easier for us to get it ready and on the trailer. I brought my extra set of wheels, and my Xterra full of tools in anticipation of getting it loaded. The two front wheels were pointed in opposite directions and both axles were popped out. On the right side, the steering arm was bent at a 45 degree angle and on the left, the strut had ripped out of the top of the tower and was flopping around the fender well. Also on the right the fender and structure under the fender were so bent that we couldn't get a tire on, so we took off the remainder of the fender. A full size tire still wouldn't fit, so we put the spare on that side.

After we completed our suspension work (and replaced the three blown tires) we loaded it onto the uhaul trailer with two cable pulls.

With all of the missing windows, the spare tire area was completely full of water and the carpets were saturated. Amazingly the front seats were dry and not at all stinky. I pulled all of the drain plugs to let the trapped water out on the ride home. The first thing I did tonight was to pull out the soaked carpet.

Upon arrival:

Realigning strut that ripped through strut tower:

Loading on trailer with cable pulls:

JumpmanYaris
08-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I want one!! that way i can experiment wit it

auxmike
08-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Awesome!
Can you post some engine pics please?

CTScott
08-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Here are a few pics I took tonight, once I got it home and in the garage:

Bent tie rod:

Strut tower with strut ripped out:

Engine from above:

Engine from below. Note the chunk out of the AC compressor:

Automatic Transmission. I was able to shove the left axle back in when I put the strut back in its general location. The right axle's u-joint snapped and the inner boot is ripped:

CTScott
08-14-2009, 12:26 AM
I want one!! that way i can experiment wit it

I have a feeling this is going to be the most fun I've ever gotten out of $631 (plus $54 to rent the u-haul trailer).

1NZYaris1
08-14-2009, 12:26 AM
What a great score , did it have a tacho dash for your experiments :wink:

CTScott
08-14-2009, 12:31 AM
What a great score , did it have a tacho dash for your experiments :wink:

No tach. It's a bare bones one. The options on it were: floor mats, all weather package, and AM/FM CD player with Aux jack. My main purpose with this one is experimentation with the ECM.

1NZYaris1
08-14-2009, 12:40 AM
i want the inlet manifold :biggrin:

yarisugi
08-14-2009, 03:25 AM
CTScott, you've been so helpful to fellow Yaris owners. I'm sure you'll be sharing more
of your knowledge after this great find!

1NZYaris1
08-14-2009, 03:31 AM
CTScott, you've been so helpful to fellow Yaris owners. I'm sure you'll be sharing more
of your knowledge after this great find!

for get the Knowledge , give us the parts :laugh:
just joking
:thumbup:

yarisitis
08-14-2009, 07:30 AM
So CT, will you be selling parts from this or are you going to fix it up and stuff?

I'd be interested in buying the cooling fan motor from you if you are looking to sell.

CTScott
08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
So CT, will you be selling parts from this or are you going to fix it up and stuff?

I'd be interested in buying the cooling fan motor from you if you are looking to sell.

I will be posting a thread with the parts for sale, once I figure out what I actually want to keep. I am definitely keeping the engine and everything required to run it on the bench, the transmission (if it checks out OK), and the driver's side glove box cover.

enviri
08-14-2009, 10:38 AM
im afraid i wont be free from work till the 22nd, so i'll stop by the house then and see whats up :)

CTScott
08-14-2009, 10:46 AM
im afraid i wont be free from work till the 22nd, so i'll stop by the house then and see whats up :)

Sounds good. I should be getting my lift within the next couple of weeks, so that will make swapping your rear axle a whole lot easier.

47_MasoN_47
08-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Wow that looks like a fun project, good luck with that ECM!

sdyaris
08-14-2009, 01:19 PM
What would you want for the aux jack plug in piece that goes in center? I some how lost mine when i tore my interior apart.

goku87
08-14-2009, 01:55 PM
I will be posting a thread with the parts for sale, once I figure out what I actually want to keep. I am definitely keeping the engine and everything required to run it on the bench, the transmission (if it checks out OK), and the driver's side glove box cover.

dibs on a pillar. also, my local dealer botched the trim for my gauge cluster, and broke the little cubby on the driver side. i can haz? for dollarz? $$$

CTScott
08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I had a couple of people hit me up for parts, before I even picked up the car. Let me get back with them to verify what they wanted, and then I'll get back with what's available. I'll keep the "dibs list" in the order that people hit me up. keep the want list flowing, so I know what people might want, as I pull it apart.

CTScott
08-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Here's where I've gotten with pulling it apart. So far I've:

Gutted the interior (except for the front seats)
Completely disassembled the dash
Removed all glass
Removed the remaining pieces of the front fenders
Removed the rear bumper and tail lights
Removed the hood, wiper cowl, and the sheet metal under the cowl
Removed the damaged AC compressor and the AC lines
Removed the fuses and for all of the disconnected systems (AC, lights, etc.)
Replaced the shredded serpentine belt with one for just the water pump and Alternator

I changed the oil and ran the engine for a while today. The auto tranny started leaking fluid, so I have to figure out what's going on with it.

Disassembling this thing has given me an incredible opportunity to learn a lot about how things come apart and learn the routing of all of the cables.

1NZYaris1
08-16-2009, 10:59 PM
wow :clap: :clap: :clap:
this looks like so much fun , Very jealous :cry:

auxmike
08-16-2009, 11:10 PM
I've done this before with old VW Beetles as a kid. It's a blast ripping it all apart to see what's making it all "tick".:tongue:
Please take lots of pics for the rest of us. I think this was a great buy and that you've almost gotten $600 worth of fun out of it already!:clap:

enviri
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
wow i just noticed it looks like the car rolled over lol

CTScott
08-16-2009, 11:19 PM
wow i just noticed it looks like the car rolled over lol

It definitely rolled. You can tell from some of the wacky places that I've found pennies (and I guess from the sheetmetal damage as well).

It looks like there were 3 people in the car when it crashed, as both airbags deployed and the front two seat belts and one of the rear were cut by the first responders. There is no sign of blood anywhere in the car, so hopefully the three walked away from it.

tuckevalastin
08-17-2009, 01:20 AM
:biggrin: looks like before you bought you shoulda asked for Carfax...

1NZYaris1
08-17-2009, 03:41 AM
:laughabove:

:bellyroll:

auxmike
08-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Any idea where the headrests went??:iono:

Revsson
08-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Wow, there is a lot of rust for a 2008, or is that normal. I mean it seems that after the
fenders were removed and under the engine, etc. I see it had under 27k on the
odometer. Did they say how long it had been sitting or when the accident was?

Did it take you 3.5 hours to get home because you were driving the recommended 45 mph? :biggrin:
I was in Illinois last week, with my brother driving his car at 70 mph. We
were passed by someone hauling a U-Haul trailer. Only a slight swaying of
the back end, so not sure if it was fully loaded or not. I would assume an
empty trailer would have caught the wind and swayed?

Anyway, thanks for taking pics and letting us see all the nooks and crannys.

CTScott
08-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Any idea where the headrests went??:iono:

They were still in place. I got rid of them when I did a dump run this weekend with the carpet and rear seats.

CTScott
08-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Wow, there is a lot of rust for a 2008, or is that normal. I mean it seems that after the
fenders were removed and under the engine, etc. I see it had under 27k on the
odometer. Did they say how long it had been sitting or when the accident was?

Did it take you 3.5 hours to get home because you were driving the recommended 45 mph? :biggrin:
I was in Illinois last week, with my brother driving his car at 70 mph. We
were passed by someone hauling a U-Haul trailer. Only a slight swaying of
the back end, so not sure if it was fully loaded or not. I would assume an
empty trailer would have caught the wind and swayed?

Anyway, thanks for taking pics and letting us see all the nooks and crannys.

Much of the rust is due to the loss of paint. Under the hood though, most of the non-treated steel parts are rusty. The aluminum of the engine and transmission are very oxidized as well. The hood was on the car, but the fenders were mostly gone, as was the bumper, so quite a bit of water made its way under there. The title was signed over to the insurance company in May of 08, and the guy I bought it from bought it at an auction in March of this year, so the car was exposed to the elements for over a year.

The 3 1/2 hours was just a long run from Western Connecticut to North of Albany, New York. On the way up with the trailer empty I was running at the speed limit. On the way home it was often hard to do more than 50. In hind sight, I should have used my trailer (which could easily handle the weight of the Yaris), rather than that wicked heavy uhaul one.

sex
08-17-2009, 11:45 AM
CTScott, when removing the interior, any thoughts cross your mind about aftermarket alarm placement? In your pictures I see potential places being: in the rear quarter panels, under the front seats, and behind the dash. What would be the most difficult/inaccessible area?

auxmike
08-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Too bad about the headrests, I'm sure someone would've bought the seats.

CTScott
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Too bad about the headrests, I'm sure someone would've bought the seats.

They are fairly faded and have some water staining, so I figured they were not too desirable.

CTScott
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
CTScott, when removing the interior, any thoughts cross your mind about aftermarket alarm placement? In your pictures I see potential places being: in the rear quarter panels, under the front seats, and behind the dash. What would be the most difficult/inaccessible area?

Everything comes apart so easily. I would say that the best choice as far as labor to get there would be under the top of the dash, basically above the steering column and right next to the power steering ECU. The other advantage to putting it there is that 90% of the wiring is within a foot of there.

Sodium Duck
08-24-2009, 06:52 AM
I wonder what Yaris would look like with like an 8" chop out of the top... section the body... drop it a couple inches... yum yum!

CtrlAltDefeat
08-24-2009, 07:20 AM
I wonder what Yaris would look like with like an 8" chop out of the top... section the body... drop it a couple inches... yum yum!
like a Toyota version of a VW Scirocco.. a squashed Yaris would look hot i think...

ryota
12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
haha was there a whole center console in there when you picked it up? and if so do you still have those 2 square blank little plugs that are right under the e brake (next to the ipod jack and power locks... if the car has those)? if so, how much would you part with those for???

CTScott
12-29-2009, 09:01 PM
haha was there a whole center console in there when you picked it up? and if so do you still have those 2 square blank little plugs that are right under the e brake (next to the ipod jack and power locks... if the car has those)? if so, how much would you part with those for???

It had a center console, but I sold it and separately sold a couple of the knockouts. They are actually only about $5 from the dealer.

ryota
01-09-2010, 06:56 PM
good to know, thanks :-)

Clintondmb
11-24-2010, 07:38 PM
what happened to this car hit a curb and rolled?

CTScott
11-24-2010, 10:26 PM
what happened to this car hit a curb and rolled?

I never found out the story, but based on the damage it did something like that.

Yaris-x
11-29-2010, 07:44 AM
I know its been a while but you don't still have a back bumper do you?

CTScott
11-29-2010, 07:47 AM
I know its been a while but you don't still have a back bumper do you?

No. Both the rear and front bumpers were in bad shape.

Yaris-x
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
gotcha thought I'd ask im looking for a blazing blue bumper to replace mine which got banged up last month