PDA

View Full Version : The Hooptie Awards

ChinoCharles
09-27-2006, 01:38 PM
According to wikipedia, the current use of the word "hooptie" is as follows:

A Hooptie now refers to a beater car. It is a car that gets you to and from work. It is not your family car but just a car that you can abuse and neglect. Hoopties are usually cars that were nice when new. A hooptie can still be a nice car but it is not your prized car- it is not the car you take downtown and drag or show off. Also, a hooptie can be a barely running, 'would not be caught dead in it' car. The meaning of the word has changed from exclusively large cars; some hoopties are fuel saving cars and therefore small. This is because usually they are driven daily to work and back and rack up lots of miles.

Having said that, here is my submission:

Custom rust, custom rear window made of wood, and stickers all over reminding you Sunoco is the official fuel of Nascar. Only in Ohio.

Any others? :headbang: (God I'm bored)

Chris07LB
09-27-2006, 01:57 PM
:rolleyes:

paultyler_82
09-28-2006, 04:30 AM
Hmmm, here hooptie refers to any old (70s-80s) model Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Cadillac, Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln tank car that has enough chrome to make Chingy blush, usually in the form of wheels over 20" in diameter that probably cost more than the vehicle's market value, and are almost always tacky looking. A lot of the time they have some kind of gaudy paint job too or in some cases, primer grey (a Salmon Pink Caprice Classic on 22's and a Metal Flake Mo' Money Green 70's Lincoln with 22 inch "Ruffles Potato Chip Wheels" come to mind in this town.) Loud stereo with retarded rattling trunk may also be involved. But, opposite to the dictionary definition above... the owners are actually proud of these Pimp My Ride rejects. I'll see if I can get a picture of the grey Mercury Grand Marquis with dual red racing stripes and 20 inch spinners that drives around town (and burns oil like a refinery, you should see the smoke that comes out of the tailpipe)

Chris07LB
09-28-2006, 10:22 AM
its called a DONK baby!! :eyebulge:

ceres
09-28-2006, 11:13 AM
What about the reverse when someone takes a SUV like the Ford Expedition and puts small wheels on (I swear they looked like 15s) and lowers it but so that it's uneven so it looks like it's angled where the front is about to fall into the ground?

johnnyfive
09-30-2006, 04:50 PM
According to wikipedia, the current use of the word "hooptie" is as follows:

A Hooptie now refers to a beater car. It is a car that gets you to and from work. It is not your family car but just a car that you can abuse and neglect. Hoopties are usually cars that were nice when new. A hooptie can still be a nice car but it is not your prized car- it is not the car you take downtown and drag or show off. Also, a hooptie can be a barely running, 'would not be caught dead in it' car. The meaning of the word has changed from exclusively large cars; some hoopties are fuel saving cars and therefore small. This is because usually they are driven daily to work and back and rack up lots of miles.

Having said that, here is my submission:

Custom rust, custom rear window made of wood, and stickers all over reminding you Sunoco is the official fuel of Nascar. Only in Ohio.

Any others? :headbang: (God I'm bored)

how about a DIY on that custom rear window?

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 06:05 AM
its called a DONK baby!! :eyebulge:

Crap! Those are what? 30" or more???