PDA

View Full Version : A/C vibration from supercharged engine?

Morgan
07-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Curious is any Blitz owners have noticed a vibration at idle with the a/c on? The car still blows cold air and idles normally, but there is a very noticeable shake transmitted throughout the car

PETERPOOP
07-08-2009, 01:52 AM
lol. Morgan, almost every blitz owner has experienced it. It will idle rough, then smooth out, then circulate again and idle rough (process continued...). Correct? Ofcourse this is all happening while at a idle.

Nobody has figuired it out. But so far, almost all blitz owners are experiecing this.

staypuft
07-08-2009, 02:07 AM
yeah it annoys the hell out of me, the noise is coming from the compressor itself

s3r3nity
07-08-2009, 07:05 AM
same here, at idle with a/c on .... quite annoying.. i noticed that with the hood opened, trying to figure out where it comes from, if i tug on the alt upwards the sound goes away it may have something to do with the bracket? will have to test a few things to figure it out..

Morgan
07-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Well although it seems to be a common problem, at least I'm not crazy :wink: thanks guys!

(If its any consolation its coming directly from the a/c compressor, it shakes and then the belt shakes...)

LtNoogie
07-11-2009, 01:49 AM
First one to isolate and correct this problem should get rewarded somehow. I don't like the thought of something rumbling like that.

1NZYaris1
07-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Remove the S/C , i win :laugh:
sorry i am just jealous . :bow: :bow: :bow:

Morgan
07-11-2009, 03:55 AM
First one to isolate and correct this problem should get rewarded somehow. I don't like the thought of something rumbling like that.

Agreed

I like how I added $3k+ worth of parts and countless hours of install and setup yet it sounds like a cheap piece of crap while idling at a light....

PETERPOOP
07-11-2009, 12:52 PM
lol. i think it's the God reason.

KCALB SIRAY
07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Long and I were just talking about this the other day, lol. I'll keep my eat out for this!!

kurokoma-kun
07-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't have this issue..
...The only other thing I can think of, is the ac lines that had to be shifted to accomodate the setup, I used a bracket to help them stay out of the way...

I don't have this issue either. I can hear the compressor working but it doesn't vibrate. I did have a variety of other weird post-install vibrations but these have gone away over time.

My a/c lines are strapped down tightly also, maybe that makes a difference? :iono:

Morgan
07-13-2009, 07:27 PM
haven't tried securing the a/c lines yet, but the noise seems to mostly come from the air conditioning compressor itself? idk, its annoying but turning up the radio works for now

LtNoogie
07-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't have this issue either. I can hear the compressor working but it doesn't vibrate. I did have a variety of other weird post-install vibrations but these have gone away over time.

Good, those parts probably finally broke off and fell on the road somewhere.:smile:

kurokoma-kun
07-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Good, those parts probably finally broke off and fell on the road somewhere.:smile:

Gaaahhhhh Long, I take it you are referring to the groovy spinner nuts I used to have on my engine cover??? Both them sumbeetches done broked off. Yeah they vibrated for a moment--then clattered down and bam! were gone :cry::cry::cry:

whooppee777
07-18-2009, 02:29 PM
mine vibrates too and i would do whatever it takes to make it go away

Ramez
07-31-2009, 07:58 AM
hey i'm new to this forum and i'm hear a clickin noise coming from my supercharger only when i idle below 1,000rpm but when i rev it goes away. I never used to have the noise before i fixed the alternator now its fixed its annoying as hell. If i plug it out the noise stops completely!. hope someone can help!

LtNoogie
08-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Do you have a Blitz? Are your pulleys all parallel to each other?