PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal audible alert

paultyler_82
09-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Well I remember a thread not too long ago about people not noticing their turn signals hadn't auto canceled because of the lack of an audible signal. Well, this isn't cosmetic per se, but it is a convenience feature, and I wanted to test the waters, see if people would want this. I'm currently testing a circuit design that would plug inline between the turn signal relay and it's socket that is wired to a small module that would be hidden behind the dash and would use a small micro piezo speaker to audibly click when the turn signal is engaged. Would anyone be interested in buying one? They aren't ready yet, I'm just kind of seeing what the interest is.

sroberts
09-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Sounds interesting. Kinda silly but maybe you could record the sound and post it?

riceboy
09-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Haven't had a problem with my signals.....

ChinoCharles
10-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Honestly, it sounds like a cheap part... if the sound of the click was right and install wasn't a PITA I would be interested. Its the little things that can make a cheap-ass econobox at least FEEL more luxurious.

paultyler_82
10-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Finished part would probably cost less than 10 dollars, even with shipping, and I intend on making it plug and play, very simple installation. As for what it would sound like, I'm trying out several piezo buzzers and devices to see what makes the closest noise to that old thermal relay style click.

Violin
10-01-2006, 06:50 AM
I'd like to pre-order mine today!

paultyler_82
10-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Well, I'll make sure you're on my list, but I don't even have a circuit finalized yet! :laugh:

Violin
10-01-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't care. I want one.