nun73
09-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Installation kit on package

nun73
09-30-2006, 08:39 PM
:thumbup:

paultyler_82
09-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Looks okay, great fitment. Not really my style though, to each their own, but I'm not a fan of HKS's Coconut Launchers.

nun73
09-30-2006, 08:52 PM
:w00t:

tca4
09-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Does HKS have catback for the HB? So is HKS power muffler the same as HKS Hi-power?

ChinoCharles
10-01-2006, 12:39 AM
That is ridiculous. I want it.

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm getting one installed as I type this! The shop had one installed in a show car, they demo'ed it, sounds pretty good! Deep rumble at idle, and when revving, does not sound ricey or anything :biggrin:

Problem is, I have a bottom skirt, and the cutout for the exhaust is not aligned, and I'll have to take out the skirt :( So in a few days I'll be getting a JDM rear bumper, and it should look quite good :thumbsup:

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 05:35 AM
HKS's Coconut Launchers.

lolzor :laughabove:

pennystocks
10-01-2006, 05:45 AM
Is that a toyota hybrid badge on the back ???

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Is that a toyota hybrid badge on the back ???

That "E" One? Nope, that's just the package of the car:

E
E Limited
G
G Limited
S
S Limited

6 packages with different levels of trim and included accessories. Of course, the cheapest E one is the only one available with a manual transmission, so we don't get fancy stuff like a Start-Stop engine button, 60-40 folding rear seats, etc etc

Katana
10-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Ι like it.Mine has the same look, but it is Supersprint.

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Well I just heard it on an actual, moving car, it is actually pretty loud. Not fart can loud, but not something you'd want to drive late at night in a quiet neighborhood :p

Still, it does seem to quiet down a bit above 2000rpms. I'll try to make a recording of it actually when my car is all done and finished.

Chris07LB
10-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Wish someone can make a system that actually looks good from the rear.... the big oval fart can hanging down look, is so early 90's.. :laugh:

No really, whats with the huge mufflers that hang so low, they become an eye sore? Im sure it may sound nice, and congrats on your purchase, but damn, that mufflers bigger then what I run on my V8 supercharged show truck! :eyebulge:

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Sure it's big, I wouldn't mind something smaller, but... this is pretty much all that's available here at the moment, unless we import privately from japan = mucho $$$

But, when coupled with the JDM RS rear bumper, it actually does not look all so imposing. You'll see in a few days :wink:

Chris07LB
10-01-2006, 11:28 AM
But, when coupled with the JDM RS rear bumper, it actually does not look all so imposing. You'll see in a few days :wink:

Now THAT is a different story all together!! :drool:

JDM RS rear = :bow:

ChinoCharles
10-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Screw the size of the muffler... HKS products speak for themselves. The opening is a little large and ricey, but I'm sure they spent a lot of time in the design room to come to the conclusion that that muffler provided the best balance of sound and performance.

Prices, prices, prices.

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm sure they spent a lot of time in the design room to come to the conclusion that that muffler provided the best balance of sound and performance.

Let's hope so... let's hope so... now where to find a dyno around here? :biggrin:

bulldogs2k
10-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Wish someone can make a system that actually looks good from the rear.... the big oval fart can hanging down look, is so early 90's.. :laugh:

No really, whats with the huge mufflers that hang so low, they become an eye sore? Im sure it may sound nice, and congrats on your purchase, but damn, that mufflers bigger then what I run on my V8 supercharged show truck! :eyebulge:

I agree! I uninstalled my tanabe exhuast from my s2000 because i hated how big it was. I put my stock exhaust back on but i replaced the resonator with a straight pipe. sounds alot like an exotic at 6-9k rpms. I wonder what the yaris will sound like without the resonator?

riceboy
10-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Let's hope so... let's hope so... now where to find a dyno around here? :biggrin:

Is it really worth Dyno'n an axle back???

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Is it really worth Dyno'n an axle back???

Well, not at this point I guess, it would be more worth it to wait until I've done some other engine tweaks.

But if you wanna know the gain brought by individual components, the only way would be to dyno at every step of the way, right? :wink:

That would all depend on the location of a dyno around where I live, and how much they charge for it... time to ask around!

eTiMaGo
10-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Well, here's a short video clip taken from inside the car, revving up to about 5500RPM. Had to zip it, it's a quicktime file inside.

Could not really take any exterior recordings (or photos!), it's been raining cats and dogs all day :mad: I'll be back on this topic :wink:

ChinoCharles
10-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Wow, that almost makes the 1NZ sound like a real engine! HAHA! I must have this exhaust!!! Any better pictures of the exhaust itself? Does it have that awkward bend at the back like the stock exhaust and the Tanabes do?

eTiMaGo
10-02-2006, 09:35 AM
well you can see better pics in the first posts, it's bent (has to go over the torsion bar), but not curled over like the stock exhaust, that thing looked obscene when sitting on the floor :p

PS look at the first post pic, I really wonder what is the function of that pod-like thing on the side... resonating chamber or some kind of catalytic converter?

ChinoCharles
10-02-2006, 02:24 PM
I wondered the same myself.

Chris07LB
10-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Still dont like the look, but that does sound the best so far IMO.

ItsMyDaily
10-02-2006, 04:48 PM

man were can us guys in the Us pick up one of those rs bumpers?

mcdaddy
10-16-2006, 04:31 AM
nice ride!! i love it!!
the sound from your muff is great!! i wonder why the yaris sedan or HB here in saudi arabia comes without the tach.

@ eTiMaGo - seems like you are living in the country full of yaris stuffs. a thai friend of mine based in manila told me there's a lot of peformance parts n thailand. question is how to get those here in saudi arabia?

mrlam
10-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Let's see...

HKS Power muffler

Is this muffler able to keep the torque???