PDA

View Full Version : Demo car at local parts shop

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 05:22 AM
Place where I'm geting some work done on my car has a very very nice Yaris demo car, as you can see... more gauges than you can shake a stick at, and a lot of engine add-ons I'm not even sure the function of!

And a picture of another Yaris with big bad Brembos in the front... nice fit!

ChinoCharles
10-01-2006, 12:48 PM
RS bumper = hot.

Lip kit = hot.

Work Emotions = hot.

Short ram = hot.

badhabitz
10-01-2006, 02:15 PM
nice this thing is turbo too must be a nice ride did u get a chance to ask them if u can sample a ride

Boo
10-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Is that oil cooler tubes?

http://yarisworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1655&stc=1&d=1159694551

ChinoCharles
10-01-2006, 05:13 PM
I don't see the turbo... :iono: mounted under the car maybe or am I missing something.

riceboy
10-01-2006, 05:15 PM
not a fan of the 5 gauges... seem like overkill to me..

YarisBueller
10-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Those WORK emotion wheels are absolutly sick!

thewifesyaris
10-01-2006, 06:20 PM
your right i see the turbo.... it hooks right up along with the ram air into the same intake manifold. yah dont you see the Y pipes its like it runs a turbo and the ram air. wow.

punch
10-01-2006, 07:55 PM
it has a an oil catch can and blow off valve, but I don't see a turbo????and i doubt it would be using the stock manifold

eTiMaGo
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
No turbo at all, those grayish tubes are to an oil catch tank, not quite sure how it works since it connects to the intake manifold, but it's supposed to catch and collect any oil that leaks, so that you can drai it out from that reservoir in the front left.

The other reservoir thing in the left side with the three small tubes connected to it, I have no idea what it does :biggrin: To be honest I think most of the stuff in that engine bay is mainly more for looks than performance.

The dash gauges actually look quite sexy in person, although 5 of them is indeed a bit much. You can change the background color between white and red, and the dial color between red, white and blue. I got 3 of them installed in mine, I'll take some good pictures later and post'em up.

ChinoCharles
10-01-2006, 10:15 PM
I was about to say... haha its a see-through sleeper turbo setup.

eTiMaGo
10-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Well whaddaya know? a LOT more pics here.

http://www.yaris-club.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=170

From what I understand, turns out that shop is basically the focal point of the local Yaris club... interesting!

ChinoCharles
10-02-2006, 02:26 PM
We need a shop to take that kind of interest in the Yaris here on the east coast. They would be sick of me.

punch
10-03-2006, 01:20 AM
No turbo at all, those grayish tubes are to an oil catch tank, not quite sure how it works since it connects to the intake manifold, but it's supposed to catch and collect any oil that leaks, so that you can drai it out from that reservoir in the front left.

The other reservoir thing in the left side with the three small tubes connected to it, I have no idea what it does :biggrin: To be honest I think most of the stuff in that engine bay is mainly more for looks than performance.

The dash gauges actually look quite sexy in person, although 5 of them is indeed a bit much. You can change the background color between white and red, and the dial color between red, white and blue. I got 3 of them installed in mine, I'll take some good pictures later and post'em up.

thanks, i owned a turbo car before this yaris, he has a blow off valve also...