PDA

View Full Version : Front spoiler

koolerking
07-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi,

New to the forum and yaris ownership!

Just purchased a 2007 3 door YR, loving the car and it fuel economy! One thing that is a bit annoying is the front spoiler. I know a lot of transitions into carparks and garages have this heavy dip but i find im scraping the front spoiler a lot, even when going at less than walking pace with just me in it (68kg) and no heavy loads. Tyre pressure are fine also.

Anyone else find this? I cant think of anything else that could be causing it, unless my front shocks are knackered and i don't believe they are as the handling is fine. I know the spoiler is low (ish) as its one of the reason i like the look of the car from the front, but it seems a bit to much for a stock, non lowered car and not very practical.

Any ideas would be great!

:confused:

koolerking
07-19-2009, 10:53 PM
The only thing I can suggest is to come up to those entrances with ther car at an angle, letting one tire up first, and then turning in...

Cheers

Yeah, I have tried various angles of attack, but it still gets scraped. Maybe it is just a Yaris thing, as back in the UK we didn't have the big dips into entrances. Having said that my girlfriends corolla doesn't do it, but its probably not as low looking on the spoiler as the Yaris.

If its how it is normally then there's not much i can do!

ruimond
07-20-2009, 03:11 AM
Your YR has a front spoiler? The YR and YRS don't come with front spoiler only the YRX. Unless you mean the whole front bar/bumper.

My YR is lowered with pedders and i don't scrape anymore. I just have to drive more carefully. I did scrape it a few times when i first got lowered. But you just have to enter and exit slopes and stuff abit slower and maybe turn off them at more of an angle.

Other then that there isn't much you can do really. Is your Yaris lowered? If it isn't the Yaris is actually queit high and it shouldn't really scrape that much.

koolerking
07-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Your YR has a front spoiler? The YR and YRS don't come with front spoiler only the YRX. Unless you mean the whole front bar/bumper.

My YR is lowered with pedders and i don't scrape anymore. I just have to drive more carefully. I did scrape it a few times when i first got lowered. But you just have to enter and exit slopes and stuff abit slower and maybe turn off them at more of an angle.

Other then that there isn't much you can do really. Is your Yaris lowered? If it isn't the Yaris is actually queit high and it shouldn't really scrape that much.

Yeah, thats what i was wondering. It is stock (still got the stock wheels, no alloys) so i dont think it has been lowered. But it is the bumper that scapes. If it does happen to anyone else the only thing i can think off is suspension, but it feels fine to me! But its strange yours is ok AND its lowered.:confused:

Thanks for the input though.

Cheers