PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked on 6-28-2009

SaerinRhoe
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Some of you know about the second wreck that I was involved in after leaving the DFW Yaris Yak on 6-28-2009. This makes the second time that my Yaris will have been in for repairs due to someone else's mistake since I drove off the lot in March '09.

To summarize for the group, I was driving back to the highway when a young guy (about 18-19) years old sideswiped my Yaris with his 1995 Cadillac DeVille, hitting me twice on the rear passenger side. His car bounced off mine, jumped the curb and almost nailed a guardrail over a drainage culvert about 12ft deep.

Fortunately nobody was hurt but there was plenty of damage to go around. My car has the rear passenger quarter-panel that's heavily dented, the passenger side of the rear bumper is damaged and has a hole in it and the hubcap on the rear passenger wheel was shattered. There's also a dent & scratch in the passenger door from the side mirror on the Caddy.

His car was dented all the way around, driver's side and passenger, and had 2 flat tires on the passenger side from where he jumped the curb.

All of this happened at about 35-40mph on a straight section of a dry 3-lane street and it wasn't pretty.

His insurance company, Fred Loya Insurance, has been slow to do anything, has not kept me updated unless I called them for information, was slow in requesting the Police report and would not accept fault because they couldn't reach the kid that was driving the car.

Finally they received the police report and accepted fault for the accident because the kid admitted to the Police Officer that it was his fault and the Officer noted it in the report.

Again, without letting me know, they mailed a check to me on the 23rd for the initial cost of repairs but it does not cover the cost of a rental car. I called and asked about this and the Adjuster told me that they would only start paying for a rental when the body shop actually started work on the car. This means that the body shop has to order the parts first and then I'll take the car in and they'll authorize a rental at that point.

So now I'm waiting for the parts to arrive at the body shop which should take until the first or middle of next week. Then I'll put the car in for repairs and we'll see what kind of junk they (Fred Loya) pull on me getting a rental car.

S.R.

lilredrocket
07-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Good luck man! They will probably get you a chevy this time. Haha

frownonfun
07-30-2009, 07:19 PM
sorry to hear about your wreck. even more sorry though that you are having to deal with fred loya. worst car insurance company ever.

SaerinRhoe
08-05-2009, 01:00 PM
So Service King finally received the parts for my car. Hopefully I can get it in to the shop in the next day or so and get the repairs started.

S.R.

lilredrocket
08-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Cool