PDA

View Full Version : LeBra for 09 Yaris 3dr hatch

rick63
08-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I hope I am posting this in the right section...sorry if it's not in the right place! I am looking for a LeBra (or similar mask) for my 09 3dr hatch. They have them for the sedan but said they don't fit the 3 dr?? :iono: I live in Florida and really need something to save the paint from bugs and sometimes rocks. I have heard about the 3M stuff that you stick to the front of your car but I really like the masks better! I just can't get my mind around something that sticks to the paint :eek: and I like the idea that I can remove it when I don't need it. So, can any of you help me with this one?

Thanks
rick63
09 Toyota Yaris 3dr hatch - meteorite metallic

MadMax
08-11-2009, 10:53 PM
People prefer the 3M tape as bras are known to scratch the paint underneath. I understand the bug problem, I lived in Jax for years during the late 70s/early 80s and the lovebugs were murder on cars! But with all the sand there, any of it gets underneath that bra and you'll do more damage then without it! That is why car bras are so rare now, whereas you used to see them all the time...

rick63
08-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks MadMax and Echo

We have always had masks on our vehicles and honestly, with the new breathable ones, have never had any trouble. We have one for our 07 Dakota and just remove it once a week for cleaning etc. Once bug season ends, we wash and dry it, then fold it up in the garage.

Some questions about the 3M since I think that is the way I will have to go. I saw in Echos pics (thanks for those! they really helped!) The tape only covers the top and side leading edges. Can it also be done on the bumper/air dam area? On our Yaris, that seems to be a MAJOR bug catcher, more so than the hood. Is this an expensive process? How long does it last? I like the idea of seeing the actual color of the car but how does this hold up to gravel/small rocks? (I know nothing helps when a rock hauler drops a "boulder" on you)

This is the first "modification" to the Yaris...the next will be window tint followed by cruise control and then probably a sway bar! lol

Thanks again
rick63
09 Yaris 3dr Meteorite Metallic

DevilGirl
08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm interested to know how/where to get that 3M stuff as well. I hate bug guts! I never did like the car bras. Is it hard to apply the stuff?