PDA

View Full Version : METRO INDY YARIS OWNERS

alch3miss
08-18-2009, 11:10 PM
I am here for the rest of the week, if anyone is interested in meeting up. I will be at O'reilly raceway Park on Thursday. I'm in from NY. I'd like to see what set ups or mods anyone has.

toad
08-19-2009, 06:25 PM
welcome! what's going on at o'reilly this week? my liftback is pretty mild, however, compared to BOTH your yarii(i just got springs, strut tower bar, and my GANGSTER steelies!).

kac
08-19-2009, 06:36 PM
While this has been brought up... I'll be in Indy Friday, is there anything I need to check out car-wise while I'm in town?? Like a cool shop where I might be able to pick something up or anything like that? Just wondering...

toad
08-19-2009, 07:12 PM
yeah, we've got like 3 or 4 autobacs......just kidding! actually, i don't think there's any 'import tuning' shops in the city! we used to have a couple near me, but they've closed and remain empty(damn economy). unless you're into autozone, advanced auto parts, or o'reillys - that's about it. the museum at the indianpolis motor speedway is pretty cool if you're bored(not sure of the hours, however).

alch3miss
08-20-2009, 08:23 PM
I recently got my SEIBON carbon fiber trunk installed here in Indianapolis. TRU Motorsports on Meridian Street right outside downtown. I do not believe they have parts and stuff on hand. From word of mouth they are great at body work, not so much into performance modifications. I'm staying in Brownsburg.

@ toad, I wanted to see what my 1/4 mile run time was. Unfortunately, today the track was prepped for slick tires only. No Yaris is too mild!

toad
08-20-2009, 09:34 PM
my bad, i assumed they were closed because a barber shop is now where they used to be! it's good to know they're still around! if you're still in town friday night, maybe we can get together with kac(he's staying somewhere in the area on his way to dayton saturday) and get a bite to eat or just check out each others cars? i'll shoot kac a pm!

JumpmanYaris
08-20-2009, 10:42 PM
I am here for the rest of the week, if anyone is interested in meeting up. I will be at O'reilly raceway Park on Thursday. I'm in from NY. I'd like to see what set ups or mods anyone has.

Then you should go to the meet in Dayton

alch3miss
08-21-2009, 12:08 AM
my bad, i assumed they were closed because a barber shop is now where they used to be! it's good to know they're still around! if you're still in town friday night, maybe we can get together with kac(he's staying somewhere in the area on his way to dayton saturday) and get a bite to eat or just check out each others cars? i'll shoot kac a pm!

Shoot me a text 516.225.7326 Julio.. I should be around tomorrow.

@ Jumpman I would head out to Dayton but I'm already going to Chicago that day. I also hear that there is supposed to be some kind of car show here in INDY on Saturday as well.

arunto
08-24-2009, 05:58 PM
are you still in Indy?

alch3miss
08-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Nope, I got back to NY Monday. I didnt meet with any modded Yari's. I'm usually out there a couple times a year, I'll be back next spring/summer perhaps.

JumpmanYaris
09-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Whats new up here!!!

toad
09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
not much -work, work, work......that's about it. haven't done anything new to the car since the meet except for a couple washes and an oil change(pennzoil platinum full synthetic FTW!). started putting some money away for a set of wheels! hopefully, by the next meet i'll have some 'new shoes'.
jeff

toad
09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
what's new with you?