PDA

View Full Version : TS Brakes

aucorium
08-19-2009, 02:39 PM
hey guys

quick question

Is the TS brakes alot bigger than the normal 1.5 RS ? is it alot better ? my specs say the TS brakes are 15inch in size ? maybe a TS brake upgrade will be pretty good ?

andries
08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
hey guys

quick question

Is the TS brakes alot bigger than the normal 1.5 RS ? is it alot better ? my specs say the TS brakes are 15inch in size ? maybe a TS brake upgrade will be pretty good ?

TS front disc 275 mm

TS rear disc 259 mm

CASTREX
08-20-2009, 01:47 AM
hey guys

quick question

15" rotors?? that's a GTR not a Yaris!!!:bellyroll:

The correct sizes are what andries just posted. Yes the rotors and break pads are a little larger than the ones in the regular 1.5 Yaris. The TS brakes better... for sure... but I can tell you how much of that actually came from the larger brakes or for the fact that we have rear discs. Or the ABS/EBD system.

The TS is an Euro model and somewhat rare... so getting TS brakes would be kind of hard. Getting them from the dealer? Probably cheaper to get one of the BBK out there.

aucorium
08-20-2009, 03:53 AM
thanks for the info guys

we get the TS model here in South africa in 3 door format, and according to the website , it has 15inch discs

check here

www.toyota.co.za

ItalianYaris
08-20-2009, 07:00 AM
thanks for the info guys

we get the TS model here in South africa in 3 door format, and according to the website , it has 15inch discs

check here

www.toyota.co.za

Might be 15 inch wheels!!

CASTREX
08-21-2009, 12:18 AM
thanks for the info guys

check here

www.toyota.co.za

It does says 15" discs... but that is a mistake for sure... The TS discs are just slightly larger... perhaps 10-15mm larger...

aucorium
08-21-2009, 02:03 AM
ahh ok cool , i thought i was going crazy , LOL !!