PDA

View Full Version : Nominate and vote for new moderators!

YarisBueller
08-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Ok its certainly time for some new leadership, so throw some names in the ring and lets see where this goes :) :)

:w00t:

JumpmanYaris
09-07-2009, 11:09 PM
I guess I nominate my self then.

chriswb
09-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Who is a moderator right now?

PETERPOOP
09-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Peterpoop 4 President

I'm located in Hawaii; so i am usually on at night when spammers are lurking and no mods are on.

BAM!

JumpmanYaris
09-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Peterpoop 4 President

I'm located in Hawaii; so i am usually on at night when spammers are lurking and no mods are on.

BAM!

LMAO

tk-421
09-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Here's my current list:

dvlnblkdrs
jclo3313
Kaotic Lazagna
CTScott (don't know if he wants in yet)

We also need members from outside the US to chime in if they're interested to join.

ChinoCharles
09-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Ok its certainly time for some new leadershipWe said that for two years and you're still here.

PS: All my DIYs are gone. Good luck with your web site.

PETERPOOP
09-08-2009, 01:28 AM
haha chinocharles. lmao

Shroomster
09-08-2009, 01:32 AM
tk....isn't that the red power ranger?

PETERPOOP
09-08-2009, 01:35 AM
i think it's something with starwars
imperial gaurd or something

tk-421
09-08-2009, 01:46 AM
I am part of the Emperor's Royal Imperial Guard now. So be careful! :evil:

1NZYaris1
09-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Can i Nominate Maddog , as he lives and breathes Aussie air ,
:thumbup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::thumbup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::thumbup:

Shroomster
09-08-2009, 02:41 AM
meh I still think it looks like the red power ranger from when they did one of those movies..../.

PETERPOOP
09-08-2009, 02:45 AM
http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/imperial_guard_4.png

SIPNGAS
09-08-2009, 06:37 AM
FWIW...PK would be an excellent moderator.

Tamago
09-08-2009, 06:39 AM
if peterPOOP becomes a mod.....

kiss yarisworld goodbye

AlexNet0
09-08-2009, 07:24 AM
I vote for kurokoma-kun and Kaotik Lazagna, but we also need mods from outside the US to help out at alternate hours.

EDIT: I also vote for echo_hrs, since it seems he got his hat handed to him. He's really good at this job!

hmmm... Thomas?

:thumbdown:

eTiMaGo
09-08-2009, 07:52 AM
FWIW I vote for PK, he's always on the ball when it comes to sniffing out spammers, and an asset to this community in general :smile:

PETERPOOP
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
It was good seeing a mod on last night (tk) when usually no other mods are on. Good choice on that one!

PETERPOOP
09-08-2009, 12:17 PM
if peterPOOP becomes a mod.....

kiss yarisworld goodbye

If I became a mod, we'd be kissing you goodbye.

PETERPOOP
09-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Tamago, take it to PM if you have a problem. Don't you know the YW rules? Let's abide by them. :thumbup:

back on topic..

Altitude
09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Tamago, take it to PM if you have a problem. Don't you know the YW rules? Let's abide by them. :thumbup:

back on topic..

Yes, please take it to PM.

Lots of people have had brushes with Tamago, but he's very knowledgeable and does add value to the community. Those are good enough reasons to keep him around IMHO.

Here's my list of nominees (in no particular order):

PK
kurokoma-kun (if she's decided to stick around)
CTScott
1NZYaris1
YarisHilton
SailDesign

Kaotic Lazagna
09-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I vote for kurokoma-kun and Kaotik Lazagna, but we also need mods from outside the US to help out at alternate hours.

EDIT: I also vote for echo_hrs, since it seems he got his hat handed to him. He's really good at this job!

Thanks. I'll take the position if you guys want me to. hehehe.

kurokoma-kun
09-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I vote for kurokoma-kun...

...kurokoma-kun (if she's decided to stick around)...

I appreciate the nominations, but I'm definitely not interested in any moderator spot.

I have no preferences for new moderators, just looking forward to having everything settled quickly and quietly.

tk-421
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I appreciate the nominations, but I'm definitely not interested in any moderator spot.

Well, I kinda knew it was a long-shot, but I still wanted to try. :biggrin:

KCALB SIRAY
09-08-2009, 02:46 PM
PK

tomato
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
AlexNet0

DandiDani
09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
i nominate jumpmanyaris

kngrsll
09-08-2009, 05:23 PM

back on topic..

i can never tell if you guys are just kidding or not...

AdeJong 03
09-08-2009, 05:26 PM
i agree with nominating pk

Kaotic Lazagna
09-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm sure whom ever becomes a mod will do a good job.

DandiDani
09-08-2009, 06:06 PM
:iono:i wonder how many people will be added?how many do we have ...now?:confused:

contraband831
09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
I vote for Kaotic, PK, and Mad Dog

DandiDani
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
i vote for JumpmanYaris, pk, mad dog

AlexNet0
09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
AlexNet0

If enough people want it, then I'll accept it.

as long as no one cares that I want to be a part of MI too.

JumpmanYaris
09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
lol

mikenacarato
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
i vote for JumpmanYaris, pk, mad dog, and alexnet0

dvlnblkdrs
09-08-2009, 10:21 PM
im sorry.. but i extremely boycott votes on 2 people that have been repeated on here the last few posts.. they have been borderline banned.. if i have to name names, i will but please dont make me! i hate making people mad..

we need people who are active and low drama.. people who arent gonna play favorites or let people get away with nething

i will research my choices more before announcing

Tamago
09-08-2009, 10:23 PM
isn't mad dog the guy who

1. started a thread bashing gays
2. wouldn't leave well enough alone and opened a new thread, linked to his old thread (that was bashing gays) acting like he wasn't in the wrong, just stirring the pot even more? (and didn't tamago go in there and mention something about letting sleeping dogs lie?) :biggrin:

JumpmanYaris
09-08-2009, 10:39 PM
(JumpmanYaris):biggrin:

supmet
09-08-2009, 10:51 PM
im sorry.. but i extremely boycott votes on 2 people that have been repeated on here the last few posts.. they have been borderline banned.. if i have to name names, i will but please dont make me! i hate making people mad..

+10000

and thanks for bringing it up.

edit: and at this point you can just take the top posters in the pointless off topic sections and make them mods.

"I think timmy should be a moderator because he's my bestest friend in the world."

This is a moderator nomination, not a popularity contest.

dvlnblkdrs
09-08-2009, 11:04 PM
thank you supmet, another person who has been here for a long while..

and yes, im still thinking of who is worthy.. i want new and old blood, and global blood

Kioshi
09-08-2009, 11:24 PM
i vote for Kaotic, Thomas, or CTScott.

PETERPOOP
09-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I vote for CtScott. He helped me with a wiring diagram when installing my supercharger. lol

tomato
09-08-2009, 11:39 PM

we need people who are active and low drama.. people who arent gonna play favorites or let people get away with nething

For what it's worth, I like your attitude :clap:

dvlnblkdrs
09-08-2009, 11:41 PM
thanks tomato :biggrin:

Kioshi
09-08-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm going to go out with it and say it, i just read your post dvlnblkdrs...

I would boycott PK....he's a bit aggressive (and much more, if you'd like to know, PM me, especially you PK)...those who have been here know what I'm talking about~~~

tk-421
09-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I vote for CtScott.

+1

dvlnblkdrs
09-09-2009, 12:29 AM
ok.. first and foremost.. I nominate myself, Jill, DVLNBLKDRS, as potential mod. I have been here through the good times, the bad times, the hack, the cavetipse hunting season, the people needing help, the gripes and the joys. I feel I am a positive choice as I am honest & will tell you what i feel while remaining impartial and listening to everyone within reason. You have all seen me on here, know that i provide as much useable info as i have & spare parts and assistance when available.

and that is my campaign.. lol now onto the rest of my nominations, I nominate Alexnet0. He is a positive asset to this forum, though fairly new, comes with fresh new ideas and a new way of looking at things. He is knowledgeable and fairminded :thumbsup:

and for my other side of the globe nomination, i choose.. 1nzyaris1. he has been he a while, is extremely helpful. he is active and on the other side of the globe, so may be on while we sleep, keeping those nasty spammers at bay..

so please, dont vote for your best friend. vote for people who will make a difference in retaining as much YW as possibly can through the changes and through the times :thumbsup:

Tamago
09-09-2009, 12:31 AM
:wub: jill, my best friend :wub:

tk-421
09-09-2009, 12:34 AM
I do think Jill would make a kick-ass mod.

Tamago
09-09-2009, 12:35 AM
just keep her away from the other females cuz she gets snippy with them

:lol:

dvlnblkdrs
09-09-2009, 12:36 AM
:wub: thanks tk!

eTiMaGo
09-09-2009, 12:42 AM
you make a very good argument, jill, and have my vote :smile: :thumbsup:

Kioshi
09-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Can we have a female mod promotion separate from the other nominations ie: Kaotic, CTScott? Jill gets my vote, no doubt, but I'd like there to def. be a female mod.

LOL @ Tamago.....so you now HAVE a best friend?

dvlnblkdrs
09-09-2009, 12:48 AM
:thumbsup: :biggrin: thanks guys for all the support. I really hope we can all stick together through this turmoil and uncertainty

RHDVIPbB
09-09-2009, 12:48 AM
heck, throw my name into the mix. I don't take sides and am always for the best of the site no matter what forum I am on.

tk-421
09-09-2009, 12:53 AM
It was good seeing a mod on last night (tk) when usually no other mods are on. Good choice on that one!
Thanks, Peter... Trying my best! :thumbsup:

tomato
09-09-2009, 01:51 AM
I do think Jill would make a kick-ass mod.

+1

Kioshi, why don't you do go for it? I know you'd be a GRRRRRRRREEEEAAAAT mod.

PETERPOOP
09-09-2009, 02:04 AM
-1 for jill.

I cannot support someone who hasn't washed their yaris in over a month.

Altitude
09-09-2009, 02:10 AM
+1 for Jill

Shroomster
09-09-2009, 02:13 AM
-1 for Jill

BECAUSE WE NEED MORE INTERNATIONAL MODS!!!

no offense Jill, but we don't need a mod in every North American Time Zone.

unless mods are being placed with the sole purpose of being able to moderate a single forum section (f/s or off topic, or cosmetic etc.) then yeah designate mods to certain spots then

+1 for Jill.

eTiMaGo
09-09-2009, 02:14 AM
-1 for jill.

Jill likes it dirrrrrrty

dvlnblkdrs
09-09-2009, 02:21 AM
-1 for jill.

if i wash and detail my car, will you change ur mind? :biggrin: its not as if i purposely dont wash my car.. i just lose track of time, and cant really wash a car at 2am..

dvlnblkdrs
09-09-2009, 02:25 AM
-1 for Jill

unless mods are being placed with the sole purpose of being able to moderate a single forum section (f/s or off topic, or cosmetic etc.) then yeah designate mods to certain spots then

+1 for Jill.

i agreed with the international thing, hence why in my initial nom post, i named at least 1 intl person. but you know what.. how many times have u seen me on here overnight.. a few! so timezone means nothing to some people!

we should keep in mind both intl as well as fair. just because someone is on the other side of the ocean doesnt mean we should vote for them..

eTiMaGo
09-09-2009, 02:34 AM
that's true, she's often still wide awake while others are snoring away happily, same with tk-421, so it covers the clock well...

Kaotic Lazagna
09-09-2009, 02:41 AM
You guys crack me up.

staypuft
09-09-2009, 02:42 AM
+2 for jill

Kaotic Lazagna
09-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Yeah, Jill is on here like no ones business. I like to hover and sign in when I have something to say. Then I sign out and hover some more. LMAO.

Kaotic Lazagna
09-09-2009, 02:48 AM
Just in case that wasn't clear, one of my nominees would be Jill. I think it would be sad if I voted for myself, so hahahahahaha.

AdeJong 03
09-09-2009, 03:57 AM
+1 for Jill!

ive seen her on here late enough so we'd still have the clock covered

PETERPOOP
09-09-2009, 04:02 AM
+1 for Jill!

ive seen her on here late enough so we'd still have the clock covered

She's not on right now..... :P

jclo3313
09-09-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm digin' who I'm seeing for Mod nominations so far but just try to remeber those who have rocked the boat in the past and those that have taken the time to help smooth things out when the road got bumpy. I'd hate to see this turned into a popularity contest based soley on someone's likeability vs they're objectivity. Just my two cents on the process.

1stToyota
09-09-2009, 08:55 AM

I'm digin' who I'm seeing for Mod nominations so far but just try to remeber those who have rocked the boat in the past and those that have taken the time to help smooth things out when the road got bumpy. I'd hate to see this turned into a popularity contest based soley on someone's likeability vs they're objectivity. Just my two cents on the process.

+1 :clap:

jonismyname
09-09-2009, 09:57 AM
how about bailout?
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13777

ctscott is awesome. does he even want to be a mod? i'd vote for him. twice.
any other analytic minds out there? engineers and the sort tend to be a bit more objective than others... a good mix for mods...

and to quote myself from above thread
"...if you want to fight politics, turn on fox news and yell at the Tv.

personally, im suprised nobody here commented on him bringing up Reduce Reuse Recycle, as thrifty yaris owners, we seem to be a club of people making an economical car just the way we like it, often times with things that didn't cost us a ton of money. and then when we buy new toys for our cars, we trade and barter the original or used fancy parts between ourselves. we are a commune of yaris hippies, sharing the love and joy of our simple transportation. and my beer is empty so im done for now. "

tomato
09-09-2009, 12:13 PM
we should keep in mind both intl as well as fair. just because someone is on the other side of the ocean doesnt mean we should vote for them..

+1

1stToyota
09-09-2009, 12:14 PM
how about bailout?

any other analytic minds out there? engineers and the sort tend to be a bit more objective than others... a good mix for mods...

and to quote myself from above thread
"...if you want to fight politics, turn on fox news and yell at the Tv.

personally, im suprised nobody here commented on him bringing up Reduce Reuse Recycle, as thrifty yaris owners, we seem to be a club of people making an economical car just the way we like it, often times with things that didn't cost us a ton of money. and then when we buy new toys for our cars, we trade and barter the original or used fancy parts between ourselves. we are a commune of yaris hippies, sharing the love and joy of our simple transportation. and my beer is empty so im done for now. "

How about not?
He's been in way too many heated discussions/wars over the years because of his *it's my way or no way* mind set.
A mod needs to be flexible and non confrontational, that's not Bailout.
A vote for him = a vote for division...Bailout's clique vs all non-conformers.

He has the knowledge, just not the temperament. Sorry, but the only worse choice I can think of off-hand would be a vote for myself.

tomato
09-09-2009, 12:17 PM
how about bailout?

Yeah, that's the thing. You're all naming people but do they even have the time or the desire to be online and policing threads and/or deleting spam? Being a Yaris enthusiast is obviously a good thing in this forum, but doesn't automatically make you a good mod.

Maybe some clarification about what being a mod is going to mean would be in order. I have a feeling some forum members are just interested in the extra "power" or just seeing their name in red, but have no clue what's expected. Just my 2 c, though. :biggrin:

SailDesign
09-09-2009, 12:22 PM

PK
kurokoma-kun (if she's decided to stick around)
CTScott
1NZYaris1
YarisHilton
SailDesign

Alt, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm with KK on this - I don't really want to be a mod, more because I'm not on here enough (at least not consistently) to do much good, but also I'm HOPING to actually get work at some point :smile:. and will be "on" even less.
Thanks, though.

1stToyota
09-09-2009, 12:24 PM
How about we make an actual poll listing some of the names being listed on this thread, see what the votes look like, and anybody not wanting to be on the list can speak up. Just to sorta see what YW members want, maybe helping YB to make the final decisions???

I guess there would have to be a way to vote only once, but check all that apply before submitting, for it to work.

tomato
09-09-2009, 12:32 PM
-1 for Jill

No offense, but - 1 on that part of your comment.

And I don't even know Jill, she's not my friend or anything, but I've seen some of her comments in various threads and I think she would be a good mod. She seems to be one of the very few on this board who can be honest - even if this means going counter popular opinion - without being agressive.

Better go wash your Yaris, Jill. :wink:

tomato
09-09-2009, 12:35 PM
How about we make an actual poll listing some of the names being listed on this thread, see what the votes look like, and anybody not wanting to be on the list can speak up. Just to sorta see what YW members want, maybe helping YB to make the final decisions???

I guess there would have to be a way to vote only once, but check all that apply before submitting, for it to work.

Yeah, that's more streamlined. I think he was asking us for names, and we got into discussions, which isn't gonna help him a whole lot.

tomato
09-09-2009, 12:39 PM
- ETIMAGO
- ECHO HRS
- KIOSHI
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ Yaris Hilton
_
_
_

(cut and paste and keep adding names)

PETERPOOP
09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
I think echo hrs and etimago both stepped down from their duties.

tomato
09-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I think echo hrs and etimago both stepped down from their duties.

That's too bad.

OK, thanks for setting me straight. Another guy that would make a great mod is Cali Yaris but I guess it's pointless to add his name.

I have an idea, but I don't know if he'll want to do it.

- Loren

Loren is a GREAT guy, and would be an AWESOME mod.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: He's really generous with advice, really knows his stuff, in short, a reall asset to this board! :burnrubber:

tomato
09-09-2009, 12:45 PM
_ LOREN
_ KIOSHI
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ YARIS HILTON
_ KAOTIC LASAGNA
_
_

1stToyota
09-09-2009, 01:26 PM
_ LOREN
_ KIOSHI
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ YARIS HILTON
_ KAOTIC LASAGNA
_
_

Yaris Hilton...the only one I've read a lot.

jclo3313
09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
All I can say is that I have made some new, and might I add good friends on this forum. That being said we are in need of help and I would gladly donate any of my circuits or gears if it would help.(If you catch my meaning) I miss YW of days gone by. I'd love to see it brought back to it former glory. This forum weighed heavily in me even buying my YARiSin the first place. I know that I have not been as active as I once was in part do to real life holding me back, but also due to some of the concern mentioned in this thread. I'm rambling but I'm back for good (I never really left) and I will do what I can to help.

eTiMaGo
09-09-2009, 01:39 PM
well one thing for sure, there's a need for someone who is active here at this time, there's no moderator online right now and some spam that needs cleaning up...

PETERPOOP
09-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Well you sure do have a lot of posts!

jclo3313
09-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Pst counts don't count for much, trust me on that one. I just spend a ton of time on YW.

Altitude
09-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I have a question for TK - do you have the ability to create moderators or do we have to wait for YB?

SailDesign - No worries. I just thought that 'Old Phart' equates to a reasonable and objective moderator :smile:

I'd like to add tomato to the list for her enthusiasm and thoughtful nature.

tomato
09-09-2009, 01:56 PM
well one thing for sure, there's a need for someone who is active here at this time, there's no moderator online right now and some spam that needs cleaning up...

I usually am at this time.

WTF, I'm throwing my name in, too, just to help out with SPAM control during certain hours, why not.

Can't help much with Yaris technical threads but certainly can delete spam when I'm online, at least for a while, until the site has all their ducks in a row, new mods in place or whatever.

YBueller, let me know if you need help with that.

tomato
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I have a question for TK - do you have the ability to create moderators or do we have to wait for YB?

SailDesign - No worries. I just thought that 'Old Phart' equates to a reasonable and objective moderator :smile:

I'd like to add tomato to the list for her enthusiasm and thoughtful nature.

wow, I"m touched! I gotta admit, that feels good, seeing your name up there! :biggrin:

Seriously, consider me as temporary help if you want, to delete spam threads and bots, if you want. No hurt feelings either way, just want to help while the site is in transition.

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
u forgot to put JumpmanyYaris(his name was brought up two or 3times too)

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
:thumbsup:

PETERPOOP
09-09-2009, 03:41 PM

Aren't you married to him? lmao

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
yep.lol. but i still think he would be a good choice. he is on here a lot.

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 03:46 PM
usually im on here from 4pm until he gets home and then he takes the computer away from me.:bellyroll:

Speedjunkiejp
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
LOL if I wasn't such a noob on this forum (I have moderated on other forums) I would nominate myself. I am on pretty much all day. Oh well.

+1 for Jill though, she is on in weird hours and stays neutral

dvlnblkdrs
09-09-2009, 04:14 PM
:biggrin: thanks speed.. and welcome to our drama hole :tongue: i mean forum :cool:

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
welcome!

KCALB SIRAY
09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I vote for JumpmanYaris

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 04:45 PM
:clap:

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 04:50 PM
_ LOREN
_ KIOSHI
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ YARIS HILTON
_ KAOTIC LASAGNA
_JUMPMAN YARIS
_

tomato
09-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Seems to me it'd be easier to get JUST the names in first, then vote later. :iono:

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 05:08 PM
:iono:idk.

tomato
09-09-2009, 05:09 PM
_ LOREN
_ KIOSHI
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ YARIS HILTON
_ KAOTIC LASAGNA
_JUMPMAN YARIS
_

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
tsk, tsk, tsk... what happened to my name, then?

Awwwwww... :cry::brokenheart:

jclo3313
09-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Seems to me it'd be easier to get JUST the names in first, then vote later. :iono:

I agree, in the end it should be up to YB and the remaining mods to sort the deal out instead of just our "popular vote". Kind of electoral college style.

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 05:11 PM
are we even gonna vote on a list of people or is yb going to just pick someone out of w/e list of names we come up with?

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 05:13 PM
yeah he said throw some names out there so i kinda assumed its going to be his choice of who becomes mods out of the names we give.

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
_ LOREN
_ KIOSHI
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ YARIS HILTON
_ KAOTIC LASAGNA
_JUMPMAN YARIS
_TOMATO

jclo3313
09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
yeah he said throw some names out there so i kinda assumed its going to be his choice of who becomes mods out of the names we give.

I think that as I said before, it should fall on the objectivity of a member as well as how well they can squelch hot spots before they go to far. There is a bunch of bananas to juggle as a Mod.

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 05:29 PM
yep i agree

tomato
09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
are we even gonna vote on a list of people or is yb going to just pick someone out of w/e list of names we come up with?

Well, it's his site = his decision. :smile:

We can always make suggestions for him (like "so and so" is a bad idea because ... or "so and so" is highly respected" and would be an asset because ") but in the end, whoever has the most admin rights has the utlimate say :bow::bow::bow: and they may chose anybody based on any reason you or I may or may not agree with ...
I'm joking a little bit but it's still true though.

Don't worry too much, though. People come and go online all the time, but I have a feeling YW isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the old mods came back later.

Just relax and enjoy the forum, go wash your car or something, read informative threads or do something else and try not to worry about new mods too much. Que sera sera :smile:

:burnrubber:

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
:biggrin:

YarisBueller
09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Id say keep the names coming, I think this site could benefit from a larger moderating team overall

Kaotic Lazagna
09-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Until how long will the nomination be? Also, will you be choosing who becomes the mods, or will it be based on votes?

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 06:43 PM
:thumbup:thnx for the site

Kioshi
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
wait.....when did i get nominated...and why? I've done nothing for this site.... :(

I don't think I will be up for it, my priorities have changed as of recent..

tomato is also pretty active on here, tomato's got my vote.

DandiDani
09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
_ LOREN
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ YARIS HILTON
_ KAOTIC LASAGNA
_JUMPMAN YARIS
_TOMATO

AlexNet0
09-09-2009, 07:39 PM
If I had to vote, it would be for
CT Scott
dvlnblkdrs

tomato
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Id say keep the names coming, I think this site could benefit from a larger moderating team overall

I think you're right about that. :thumbsup:

tk-421
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM

I can't add mods by myself. And I don't think it would be fair even if I could. So keep on adding names, and hopefully we'll all reach a decision soon. :thumbsup:

tomato
09-09-2009, 07:57 PM
wait.....when did i get nominated...and why? I've done nothing for this site.... :(

Not true! You organized 2 north california meet :biggrin:

I didn't do anything for the site either then and ... :eek: I even drive stock !!! :eek: (well for now) but the point is that they need eyes to help keep the site running smoothly and more importantly someone to push the button when the spammers start making their rounds.

I threw my name in the ring to offer to help out while I can but I don't want to step on anybody's toes, ONLY offering to HELP :smile:

Black Yaris
09-09-2009, 10:00 PM
who wants me as a mod again? :)

AlexNet0
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
only if I can join you.

YarisSedan
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I wouldnt mind being a mod. I am online all the time. Including during the day at work constantly bored reading forums. That way i would have more of a reason to be online so much.

dvlnblkdrs
09-09-2009, 10:14 PM
lol omg joe.. we all know what happened last time u got power.. uhhh lets just say it was short lived and scary.. :bellyroll:

JumpmanYaris
09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey where is Chris07LB, I havent seen him in a looong time and he is a Mod.

Malaya1221
09-10-2009, 01:50 AM
tk-421 was a great choice...

nominate:
dvlnblkdrs
tamago
1nzyaris

did thomas resign?

tk-421
09-10-2009, 01:55 AM
tk-421 was a great choice...
Thank you sir! :thumbsup:

Black Yaris
09-10-2009, 06:27 AM
So no one wants me as a mod again?

JumpmanYaris
09-10-2009, 02:53 PM
tk is our 24-7 watch alert mod

AdeJong 03
09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
i feel like whoever gets nominated shouldnt have suggested themselves to be a mod.

the best mods are the ones who dont care enough so that they dont get drunk with power.

at least thats my experience on many other forums.

no offense BY

tomato
09-10-2009, 05:03 PM
i feel like whoever gets nominated shouldnt have suggested themselves to be a mod.

the best mods are the ones who dont care enough so that they dont get drunk with power.

at least thats my experience on many other forums.

no offense BY

You're probably right in most cases. I have a good feeling about DVLINBlckdress (Jill) though, and some of the others who volunteered.

By the way, has anyone asked YarisOnwersDad+ if he's interested? He'd be grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

DandiDani
09-10-2009, 05:16 PM
_ LOREN
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ YARIS HILTON
_ KAOTIC LASAGNA
_JUMPMAN YARIS
_TOMATO

anyone else?

lilredrocket
09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
I am actually unemployeed at the moment and I am online all day reading anything an everything.

Black Yaris
09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I would be back on this site 24/7 if I became a mod again

puetato89
09-11-2009, 12:26 AM
ill nominate black yaris just because he had helped me out when i first signed up, before the HORRBLE hacking of this site, i must say it feel weird being back after such a long time, things have really changed, btw GO TK!! GO TK!! woot woot

dvlnblkdrs
09-11-2009, 04:20 AM
joe was a mod before.. i dont remember it all cuz i wasnt super active.. but iv heard stories of his power drunkeness.. lol but we love u anyway joe

puetato89
09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
lol then i take it back... :)

Shroomster
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
IF I may make another suggestion (seeing as my first one went over so well lol)

have one of the mods clean this whole thread up and make it so that the premise is clear again. only keep posts that have the following order to them:

NAME of nominee
Reason

will get rid of all the banter that is not needed.

we don't need to read about why so&so doesn't agree with so&so about who they're nominating. After all i really don't think we will be making the final decisions.

DandiDani
09-11-2009, 07:08 PM
good idea. someone can make another thread for everyone to gossip in.

33OH
09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
jclo3313
CTScott
PK

Black Yaris
09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
joe was a mod before.. i dont remember it all cuz i wasnt super active.. but iv heard stories of his power drunkeness.. lol but we love u anyway joe

Thanks Jill..... but I have changed a lot since I was a mod....

I think I would be a good mod:wub:

DandiDani
09-11-2009, 09:49 PM
_ LOREN
_ CT SCOTT
_ DVLINBLKDRESS (Jill)
_ ALEXNET0
_ YARIS HILTON
_ KAOTIC LASAGNA
_JUMPMAN YARIS
_TOMATO
_1NZYARIS
_JCLO3313
_BLACKYARIS
_PK

Greenthunder
09-12-2009, 03:38 AM
Would anyone mind if I threw my hat in the ring? I know I don't post very much and I don't have a Yaris, but I've been around before the hack. I've also noticed the surge in complaints of spammers, I'm usually logged on when nobody else is and I wouldn't mind keeping a eye out for spammers while everyone sleeps. I feel I could be a good moderator here because I'm pretty open minded and I feel I don't have biases against anyone because I don't own a Yaris.

33OH
09-12-2009, 07:24 AM

I'll put in a vote for Joe too. :cool:

SIPNGAS
09-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Joe and PK get my vote...though I'm sure anyone in Dani's list would do a great job.

jclo3313
09-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the nod Ryan.:thumbsup:

dvlnblkdrs
09-12-2009, 11:55 AM

I know, i would totally back you as long as theres no flashbacks.. you know i got love for ya Joe :biggrin: :thumbsup:

tk-421
09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the new mods! :respekt:

dvlnblkdrs
09-12-2009, 12:01 PM
i am extremely upset at one choice of mod. i hate to say it.. and i wont bring up name or incident unless someone else brings it up first.. already spoke of it privately to people when the name was initially nominated....

tk-421
09-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I think every mod is here on a trial basis, and I'm sure all of us will try our best to help you guys out. :thumbsup:

jclo3313
09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidece, I'll do my best YW!:thumbsup:

Prohibit
09-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Is it because my yaris is "flaming"?

Hahaha.

PETERPOOP
09-12-2009, 12:14 PM
i am extremely upset at one choice of mod. i hate to say it.. and i wont bring up name or incident unless someone else brings it up first.. already spoke of it privately to people when the name was initially nominated....

Don't be salty. lol.

dvlnblkdrs
09-12-2009, 12:15 PM
im not being salty, pepper! im just recalling events that would not allow me to trust him.. or respect him

Prohibit
09-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Well i'm not sure if the nominations are still going, but I nominate myself for my extensive knowledge with vBulletin and graphic design.

Just throwing that out there :thumbup:

lilredrocket
09-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Well you just narrowed it down to two of them because tomato is a girl.

Shroomster
09-12-2009, 12:22 PM
we don't need to read about why so&so doesn't agree with so&so about who they're nominating. After all i really don't think we will be making the final decisions.

^^^^AHEM^^^^ Jill shush girl shush your lips do the helen keller and talk with your hips:respekt:

dvlnblkdrs
09-12-2009, 12:26 PM
iv expressed my issue and leaving it at that. not making drama, just giving an opinion. My main concern is for the betterment of YW, just like all of you. YB is the boss, its his decision at the end of the day. my fingers are now closed.

PETERPOOP
09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Is there an option to give people the power of just being able to remove spam? Their title wouldn't even be called "Moderator." Just people who are on often that could help with spam, if it occurs. No banning ability, no thread/posts deleting ability, etc...

ps: I'm not in hopes of getting that. It just seems that it might make some people a little less salty at not being picked as moderator; and it could also help contribute to keeping the site clean.

dvlnblkdrs
09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
if ur referring to me, shut it

Prohibit
09-12-2009, 12:34 PM
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs32/300W/f/2008/231/9/0/lol_y_so_srs__by_jimmyhotpants.jpg

PETERPOOP
09-12-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.topnews.in/files/Salt-shaker.jpg

Prohibit
09-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Lmao! That's horrible. :laughabove:

dvlnblkdrs
09-12-2009, 12:49 PM
:rolleyes: antidrama

jclo3313
09-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Remeber everyone, if we all play nice, we can all get along. YB's the man with the plan and we're all going to be on our best behavior. It's all about making YARiS World a better place for all of us. We can clean it and keep it running smooth as can be. Everyone of us can make YW the fun place it once was for the new members as well as those of us that have been here for quite some time. We're just one big familly with one thing in common, love for our cars.

puetato89
09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
omg, JCLO is the new mod!! omg whatch out yw is going down hil!!!!lmao, jokind and congrats!!!

jclo3313
09-12-2009, 04:25 PM
omg, JCLO is the new mod!! omg whatch out yw is going down hil!!!!lmao, jokind and congrats!!!

I'm so your new fav!

DandiDani
09-12-2009, 04:37 PM
congrats jclo3313! im glad you got it. are more still being added?

DandiDani
09-12-2009, 04:38 PM
congrats pk.

Tamago
09-12-2009, 04:43 PM
in before the lock. congrats to the winners (phew, i almost had to be responsible! :wink: )

DandiDani
09-12-2009, 04:47 PM
:iono:so i guess no more mods will be added then..?..:frown:

Prohibit
09-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Always another time :)

Malaya1221
09-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Remeber everyone, if we all play nice, we can all get along. YB's the man with the plan and we're all going to be on our best behavior. It's all about making YARiS World a better place for all of us. We can clean it and keep it running smooth as can be. Everyone of us can make YW the fun place it once was for the new members as well as those of us that have been here for quite some time. We're just one big familly with one thing in common, love for our cars.

kiss ass!:biggrin: congrats!

thanks for the vote of confidence guys and gals, ill be a quiet mod and unbiased. looking forward to working with you all

yarisworld is going down...at least pk now has a chance in winning those monthly picture contests...:biggrin:....congratz dude!

WTF, tamago did not get it!:smile:

kurokoma-kun
09-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Congrats to all, good luck and godspeed :smile:

tomato
09-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't know what to say. I saw my name in red when I logged in this a.m., and I had to step away from the computer and go get some Starbucks real quick to make sure I wasn't dreaming ... Thanks guys, I'm honored and humbled.

Don't worry about any power trip from me, it's really not my style. The way I look at it is, I'm only here to help out, keep an eye on the spammers and the obvious trolls.

I love the site, that's why I wanted to help out, but I'm also well aware that most of you were on here before me. :biggrin: Enuff said. :wink:

Prohibit
09-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't know what to say. Thanks guys, I'm honored and humbled.

Don't worry about any power trip from me, it's really not my style. The way I look at it is, I'm only here to help out, keep an eye on the spammers and the obvious trolls.

That's what they all say. :rolleyes:

Kidding, congrats. :w00t:

DandiDani
09-12-2009, 05:34 PM

tomato
09-12-2009, 05:42 PM
:iono:so i guess no more mods will be added then..?..:frown:

You know, people come and go online all the time, in my online experience at least, so I wouldn't look at the new names as something that's written in stone. :iono:

DandiDani
09-12-2009, 05:48 PM
i just really wanted to see husband get it too, thats all. but congrats to everyone who did get it. im sure you all will do a great job!

jclo3313
09-12-2009, 06:23 PM
kiss ass!:biggrin: congrats!

Yep!:biggrin:

DandiDani
09-12-2009, 06:39 PM
:thumbsup:^

DandiDani
09-12-2009, 06:43 PM
as far as i can tell YB chose a good team and i believe they will do good things for YW.

CTScott
09-12-2009, 10:12 PM
I just noticed that I had a few nominations. I appreciate the sentiment, but would rather be a dude that answers lots of questions, then someone tasked with the duties of a mod.

eTiMaGo
09-15-2009, 01:19 PM
congrats guys :smile:

Tamago
09-15-2009, 01:29 PM
lock it up

PETERPOOP
09-15-2009, 01:31 PM
chino would've done it pages ago. lmao

tk-421
09-15-2009, 01:33 PM
By popular demand... :biggrin: