PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Dayton Yaris Meet?

Greenthunder
08-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Ok, I know it has only been a couple of weeks since the Dayton meet, so I wanted to throw this out there since a couple people mentioned it.

Who would be interested in having it again next year in the spring? I also was thinking that instead of just meeting for the afternoon maybe we could plan out a day or two down in Dayton.

Looking forward to peoples replies

:headbang::headbang:

CtrlAltDefeat
09-01-2009, 04:47 AM
sounds cool, but it would be awesome if there was some sort of import alliance type of event to go to... (I enjoyed the museum but more people might come if it was centered around a car event, and I really would have loved to seen some racing or show cars or something...)

Qmobile
09-01-2009, 05:02 AM
I'm in!! I agree with CAD the museum was cool but we were a car group. I thin we'd meet in the afternoon like last time and our "personal" tour guide could maybe show us a lil fun..........just an idea or maybe we could all go over to Jegs(bout hour from Dayton). That's what we did @the new philly meet we met in the afternoon/late afternoon, went out for a night on the town. Then the next day we all went to breakfast before cruisin up to Summit Racing.......course Summit was A LOT bigger than Jegs but just my input right now

Greenthunder
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Why would a Yaris group go to Jegs? They mainly make parts for muscle-cars

Qmobile
09-01-2009, 11:30 PM
It was JUST a sugestion seein' as how the other show went to Summit, I was "cross refenceing" for lack of a better term

33OH
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Sami and I may be in.

And glad you enjoyed Summit, Q. =)

Greenthunder
09-11-2009, 05:47 AM
sounds cool, but it would be awesome if there was some sort of import alliance type of event to go to... (I enjoyed the museum but more people might come if it was centered around a car event, and I really would have loved to seen some racing or show cars or something...)

Thats a good idea, problem is that I do not know of any events going down in that area. I can look around and see if there are any big shows going on there next year.

Ryan and Sami, we would be glad to have you guys onboard :thumbup:

Qmobile
09-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Sami and I may be in.

And glad you enjoyed Summit, Q. =)

I was like a lil kid in a candy shop @Summit

But yeah you 'n Sami would be awsome to have

DandiDani
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM
make sure you post if you find an event. im sure hubby would want to come and ill prolly tag along again.

CtrlAltDefeat
09-12-2009, 12:19 AM
+1

Greenthunder
09-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Ok, found some

June 19th 2010 in Massillon Ohio, 21st annual Cruise-On-In Dance Party kicks off the summer car show and cruise-in season in Northeast Ohio with a variety of food, live entertainment, family fun, fireworks and of course, classic and antique cars. As many as 1,000 classic and antique car, street rod, truck and motorcycle entrants will compete for "Best of Show". Car Registration begins at 7 AM and costs $15. Dash Plaques to the first 500 registrants. Event is free to the public and begins at 11:00 AM ending at 10:00 PM with fireworks on Saturday, June 19, 2010. Not 100% sure if there is a restrcition on the years of the cars

July 9th and 10th in Dublin Ohio, Friday’s Cruise-In features more than 1500 antiques, street rods, muscle cars, customs and European exotics. Judging continues until 7:00 PM, followed by the Mike Albert concert to entertain the crowd with popular Elvis songs. During intermission, spectacular 6-foot tall trophies are awarded to the top 100 Cruise-In cars, as well as a number of specialty awards. Saturday’s Show will feature Corvair, Datsun/Nissan "Z" and Miata. In addition, there are over 40 other classes and “Show-Within-A-Show” groups. Judging takes place in the afternoon with the awards parade at 4:30 PM. At 7:30 PM, thousands of oldies fans celebrate the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s at the Phil Dirt & The Dozers Concert. All proceeds benefit the Arthritis Foundation. Its a two-day event!! :eek:

Only two I've found so far, I actually like the idea of the one in Dublin I think it would be a miniature IA with some domestics thrown in, just no track time. I will continue to look though :headbang::headbang:

33OH
09-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Massillon!!! :D (really close to me, lol)

Hot Import Nights comes around here too. Actually, it's in Columbus this weekend.

Greenthunder
09-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm actually down for both, I think they're far enough apart that I could save up money to go to both.

Qmobile
09-12-2009, 10:05 AM
make sure you post if you find an event. im sure hubby would want to come and ill prolly tag along again.

you say that as if the last one was'nt any fun/entertaining

kac
10-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm in for another meet for sure. Would LOVE it to be closer to Illinois though. Maybe Indianapolis or something near chicago or something.

DandiDani
10-10-2009, 03:10 PM
indianapolis would be good.not too far away for us. no....i had fun last time. i was planning to take him to the museum for our anniversary anyways since he likes planes...

toad
10-10-2009, 04:24 PM
i, of course, would be ok with an indy meet :smile: . if people are interested in a museum-type thing again i know there's the hall of fame museum at the indianapolis motor speedway(it's car-related, but not free). we've also got lots of parks and stuff too if everyone just wants to meet and cookout or whatever. just throwing some ideas out there if indy is more centrally-located for everyone!

CtrlAltDefeat
10-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Any one in Indy know when they open up the speedway to the public to allow cars to race on it?

Greenthunder
10-11-2009, 01:40 AM
I'd be down for something like that! Yaris vs Mustang races? :evil::evil:

Qmobile
10-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Any one in Indy know when they open up the speedway to the public to allow cars to race on it?

heck ya! that would be worth the trip

CtrlAltDefeat
10-16-2009, 10:17 PM
heck ya! that would be worth the trip

unfortunately I'm not sure if they are still doing that... :iono: I heard they were doing that a few years ago, but I cannot find any info online...

Qmobile
10-17-2009, 08:37 AM
*sigh*:bellyroll:

N2scouting
04-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Whats up everyone. Is anyone interested in a Dayton meet that would also involve an Autocross event. The Miami Valley Sports Car Club has events at Kilkare Speed way in Xenia Ohio. They follow NASA rules. You would need a crash helmet. I hear they may have loaners available. I plan on attending several of these events with my DD. Dates are June 27, July 18, August 15, Sept 19, October 3. For more info google MVSCC. I believe there is an autocross event in Indy but I do not have any details. I would love to get together as a group again. Any time any place. Count me in.

toad
04-10-2010, 10:59 PM
that sounds like a GREAT idea! i've always wanted to try an autocross, but i didn't want to be the only 'newbie' out there. it would be something fun to do with a group and a good way to see everyone again. do you know the group's name that does the indy event(just in case it's fun i want MOAR!!!!!!).

CtrlAltDefeat
04-11-2010, 03:43 AM
I would love this... I just hope I can make it...

N2scouting
04-11-2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.indyscca.org/

This is for Toad and anybody in the INDY area. Above is a link to the indy region autocross

Also found this. http://www.wingedwarrior.org/
They will be having an autocross event May 8th at the O'reilly racewaypark in indy.

N2scouting
04-11-2010, 11:56 AM
http://www.tajmagaraj.com/
I heard about this place recently. I did not know it was in Dayton. It is a Banquet hall that can be rented out for special events. I have contacted them to see if a free tour could be arranged. Mostly Porsche and VW cars but pretty interesting. A side note. The building used to be a tool and die shop where the aluminum pop top can was invented.