PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Size??

plushDJ
04-01-2006, 02:35 PM
What size of speakers does the Yaris have?? I have a pair of Kicker 6.5's and two 2000 watt Kicker amps just sitting around and I want to put them in my 3 door when it comes in. The amps are going in for sure but I need to know if the speakers will fit. Can anyone help me??

Sp33dY
04-01-2006, 08:19 PM
I already made a post about this .... 6.5" will fit ... just make sure the magnets arent too deep.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158

mygrnthmb
04-01-2006, 09:36 PM
And when it comes time to make the speaker change.. Could ya give some details about getting to them? Maybe even some pics? front and rear? Please? could ya?

DJ_SpaRky
04-03-2006, 11:35 AM
4000 watt 6.5"?? you do need help....LOL :bellyroll:

plushDJ
04-03-2006, 12:50 PM
No man, not 4000 watts for the 6.5, I'm getting a couple 10's or 12's for that. I'll just run the speakers off the deck

plushDJ
04-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Once I get the car and everythings installed I'll for sure get pics up :smile:

DJ_SpaRky
04-04-2006, 06:58 AM
No man, not 4000 watts for the 6.5, I'm getting a couple 10's or 12's for that. I'll just run the speakers off the deck

I know I was kidding, but still 4000 watts running 2 -12s will pound in such a small car. good luck with it.

plushDJ
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
I know:wink: it's cool. I've got some subs coming from the states in July. Mass Destruction audio!! It's a new brand and they got some pretty wicked stuff so I'm really pumped. Just hope I don't have to do too much electrical upgrades.
4000 watt 6.5's would be pretty cool though:biggrin:

DJ_SpaRky
04-04-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah, I'm trying to get out of stereos & stuff & more into autocross & lightweight, but I might still have to do some stuff.

You should look into Elemental Designs, they have some really nice stuff (kinda SQ stuff, but it's all good)

plushDJ
04-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Totally heard good stuff bout them but I'm already on the list for MD. And for 240 a sub I can't really go wrong, I don't think:iono:

DJ_SpaRky
04-06-2006, 07:20 AM
it's all good, post pics when you get them.

plushDJ
04-06-2006, 07:55 PM
No prob bro, they'll be in in July so I'll have to wait til then

faulkton
05-06-2006, 05:48 PM
It would be so, so, so nice if someone could snap a couple pics of the lower doors and the kick area of a LB.

Im wondering how much work a 3 way front stage is going to be.

I also wonder how quiet this thing is on the highway when its windy. I hope its quiet and doesnt need a bunch of sound deadening on the floor/firewall.

Anyone know what the stock alternator is rated at, probably not much, and im guessing a ho alt would for it would be expesive and hard to find ;(

How about running 0 gauge..probably a pain in the ass..

Any thoughts on any of it?

plushDJ
05-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Oh yeah, I've took it on the highway when it's windy, not too much road noise but a tad unstable (I'm guessing because of the light weight), you just can't take your hand off the wheel.
Stock alternator is rated at 80 amps :mad: I'm getting mine upgraded. I have a guy that says he can recoil (?) a stock one to get about 200 amps. Should be cost of alternator and an extra $150
0 gauge'll be run in my car, I'll have it done in the next couple months here so if you can wait....

jcove
05-06-2006, 11:38 PM
It would be so, so, so nice if someone could snap a couple pics of the lower doors and the kick area of a LB.

Im wondering how much work a 3 way front stage is going to be.

I also wonder how quiet this thing is on the highway when its windy. I hope its quiet and doesnt need a bunch of sound deadening on the floor/firewall.

Anyone know what the stock alternator is rated at, probably not much, and im guessing a ho alt would for it would be expesive and hard to find ;(

How about running 0 gauge..probably a pain in the ass..

Any thoughts on any of it?

I just put in some Dynomat Extreme. The change is amazing. I only put it on the back side panels(pulled the plastic panels and put it on the steel, if you're not familiar.) I pulled the spare tire and put some there, some on the hatch. I plan to do the front doors later. I can't believe the difference. At first I thought I was just imagining it, but I have to turn my sub amp down, it's too loud now!! I definately think it's worth the money.

If anyone knows something that is as good or better than Dynomat, please post. I tried Dynomat, because it was a name I've heard of a lot, but I purchased it from the states and it shipped UPS. With the duty, it killed me. Way more than I expected to spend. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions.

faulkton
05-07-2006, 12:06 AM
this is what i would use for deadener,

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=ps&_scb=1

A layer of spectrum sludge, followed by some damplifier pro...

I was hoping the car might not need it though..

80 amps is sort of a bummer but i wasnt expecting much better. Rewinding is an option...but then you are out of an alt while the rewind it :(

Toddhata
05-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Anyone know the approximate mounting depth for the rear speakers in the liftback? Also the clearance in the front of the speaker to the factory panel? I'm going to go with 6 1/2" MB Quarts, but which ones depends on the space limitations.

Also has anyone mounted tweeters on the doors, I was thinking of putting them in the top panel by the window/door switches? Any thoughts?

chuchu
05-24-2006, 12:50 PM
I've heard a product called Raammat is just as good if not better than dynamat and costs way less.

mikeukrainetz
05-25-2006, 03:04 PM
I installed a Volfenhag sub / amp system in my hatch, not the most high quality stuff but what the heck. I built the box myself and ran all the electrical myself. From what I understand I cannot add anything else without first going to a larger alt. The power wire is 4 guage and run through the firewall just left of the heater core inlet above the gas pedal, down along the driver side under all the plastic into the tire well and up through the lift handle on the stock tire cover - didnt have to cut anything other than the hole through the firewall.

See pics at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336679 or message if you have any questions or want any more photos. The only pain was seting up the power wire at the battery terminal - theres little room for the inline fuse block.

TC-LIFTBACK
05-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the quick writeup on powering an amp. Think I'll stick my amp below a front or rear seat though if there's room.

spacemanoeuvres
05-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I installed a Volfenhag sub / amp system in my hatch, not the most high quality stuff but what the heck. I built the box myself and ran all the electrical myself. From what I understand I cannot add anything else without first going to a larger alt. The power wire is 4 guage and run through the firewall just left of the heater core inlet above the gas pedal, down along the driver side under all the plastic into the tire well and up through the lift handle on the stock tire cover - didnt have to cut anything other than the hole through the firewall.

See pics at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336679 or message if you have any questions or want any more photos. The only pain was seting up the power wire at the battery terminal - theres little room for the inline fuse block.

:coolpics:

just yanked a powered sub from my 93 paseo (pic attached)

nothing spectacular but it'll hold me over until I can save enough $ for a new head unit and speaks.

did you have to drill a hole through the firewall?

the power cable (for the sub I pulled) was wired through and existing openning in the firewall.

thanks in advance!