PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Back Front Grill Romoval

Yaris TTE JWRC
10-16-2006, 04:01 PM
@#^#@%#*@#^--error

paultyler_82
10-17-2006, 03:18 AM
HI every one, does any one know how to remove the front grill of the hatch back?? any one knows , or done it ,please help , thx.:smile:

Yup, and it's a major pain... first un clip all the little black pop-clips under the hood and the two where the bumper meets the fender. Then pull carefully at the sides by the fenders until the tabs pop loose, now you can lower the bumper a bit to get a look behind, what you'll need to do is get a flat tool you can use to pry the clips all the way around the grille loose, I'd recommend the top first, then the bottom.

Yaris TTE JWRC
10-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Yup, and it's a major pain... first un clip all the little black pop-clips under the hood and the two where the bumper meets the fender. Then pull carefully at the sides by the fenders until the tabs pop loose, now you can lower the bumper a bit to get a look behind, what you'll need to do is get a flat tool you can use to pry the clips all the way around the grille loose, I'd recommend the top first, then the bottom.

Thanx man, may not be too much help , but still helps, i was thinking i may have to take the whole front bumper off in order to remove the front grill:smile:

paultyler_82
10-18-2006, 04:26 AM
Thanx man, may not be too much help , but still helps, i was thinking i may have to take the whole front bumper off in order to remove the front grill:smile:

You don't have to take it off, simply "lower" it from the top.

Katana
10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Ηave you found anything better than the stock grill?

ChinoCharles
10-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Ηave you found anything better than the stock grill?

How about gutter guard? HAHA

I read somewhere on here that you can take the front grill out without taking off or loosening the rear bumper, with the help of some dainty hands. Find a hardcore chick.

paultyler_82
10-18-2006, 08:48 PM
How about gutter guard? HAHA

I read somewhere on here that you can take the front grill out without taking off or loosening the rear bumper, with the help of some dainty hands. Find a hardcore chick.

I assure you, with as many clips as there are back there, and as hard as they are to get to release... there is no way to get that grille off without at least lowering the bumper first