PDA

View Full Version : Help! Turbo my Vitz!

Dominican Vitz
09-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Im planing on making my vitz turbo, but i really dont want much modifications i have read that if you run 7-8 psi you dont need lot of modification, by now i see you will need:

TC Injectors
Piping
Turbo
Manifold
Oild and Water line

anything else?

RacerFreakXXX
09-18-2009, 11:30 PM
do research... not trying to put you down. It is very complicated and at the same time not that complicated. Look at all different kinds of forums on turbo builds and you'll get an idea of what mods you will need. I would suggest a 1.5 differential, a clutch, tach, oil pressure, water temp, wide band air/fuel, boost gauge & controller.

Tamago
09-19-2009, 12:55 AM
DPL Vitz, please PM me, i have a few parts that will get you on your way.

puetato89
09-19-2009, 11:31 PM
listen 2 tamago if any one else!!

etheliters
09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
do research... not trying to put you down. It is very complicated and at the same time not that complicated. Look at all different kinds of forums on turbo builds and you'll get an idea of what mods you will need. I would suggest a 1.5 differential, a clutch, tach, oil pressure, water temp, wide band air/fuel, boost gauge & controller.

So a stock clutch would be toast with 6lbs huh?

puetato89
09-25-2009, 11:02 PM
it would wear out quicker, but not 2 fast, unless you launch it every where im sure

RacerFreakXXX
09-26-2009, 01:14 AM
IMO spending the $300-400 for a stage 1 or 2 clutch is well worth it. In modding a car it's best to have steppingstones. First you can build minor breather mods (intake, exhaust), then suspension (coilovers, sway &strut bars), then power-train (pullies, flywheel, clutch, diff), then finally forced induction. I would honestly rather have a yaris with pullies, exhaust, intake,coilovers, sway bars, diff, clutch, and flywheel than a turbo yaris with none of that.

Again I point back to my friend who has a 260whp @ 8psi on a 05 civic hatch with just strut bars. NO diff, suspension, clutch, ect. He can only push the car while moving otherwise he wont grip and will sit in place destroying 1 tire.

Remember a 05 civic hatch has about 125whp... so that's basically double whp. It's the same amount you would get with 8 psi on a yaris (80whp to 160whp)

etheliters
09-27-2009, 10:45 PM
No one mentioned the computer in the car. Will it be ok for him? How much you gonna try to boost Dpl Vitz?