PDA

View Full Version : adding DRL's..??

static808
10-19-2006, 07:41 AM
greetings everyone! i was wondering if anyone successfully added DRL's to their yaris which didnt come with the cold weather package?? i was reading the threads about disabling DRL's, and was wondering whether all yarii come with the DRL relay box, and if the package simply connects the wires to the relay. or do we need to purchase the relay box AND install it in order to get DRL's. thanks in advance for any information you can give!!

--B

ps: for our '06 sienna, adding a fuse was all that was needed to add DRL's.

Ayka
10-19-2006, 09:37 AM
I was cruising other forums today, and found this:

http://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3772&st=0

--

Now I realize its for another Toyota Package.. but I wonder if there is any truth to this for the Yaris... somthing to look into maybe?

ttufrosty
10-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Thats a good question. Since I had some time off at work I went out and checked it myself. There are a lot of empty fuses but not one I could single out as the one that controls the DRL's from the diagrm on the box.

Also make me wonder if you can turn on other features by adding a fuse or jumper, I dont have ABS but there is a space for a jumper.

Ayka
10-19-2006, 03:21 PM
... if I could add ABS by hooking in a Jumper/Fuse, I'd do it in about 10 seconds.... not kidding.

Can someone figure that out? I'd hate to plug a jumper into that slot and have my Airbag rearrange my face.

Ayka
10-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Does anyone that has ABS know where these Sensors for the ABS are Located, or the ECU? Maybe I can check and see if mine has it... adding a jumper for my safety would be very, very nice.

paultyler_82
10-19-2006, 08:24 PM
DRL is controlled by a relay box in that panel under the steering column on the Liftbacks, I don't know if it's even equippable on the Sedans. So if you have a Liftback with no DRLs, you'll need the relay box.

TrancosRt
10-19-2006, 08:56 PM
I'll look through the car's shop manual that I d'loaded from here a while ago. Can't hurt, right?

static808
10-19-2006, 11:28 PM
I'll look through the car's shop manual that I d'loaded from here a while ago. Can't hurt, right?

thanx a bunch! im curious since i know manufacturers do equip vehicles with certain options, and sometimes those options are actually on all of the vehicles. just takes a little information and imagination to "unlock" these pre-installed options...

--B

Ayka
10-19-2006, 11:37 PM
if the DRLs are installed on ALL '04 and Newer Siennas, Im sure its more than Possible its on the Yarii as well.

I'd like to see if a non-ABS LB Owner can find the Sensors/ECU for the ABS on a LB as well... I'd love to activate that bitch!

paultyler_82
10-20-2006, 04:15 AM
if the DRLs are installed on ALL '04 and Newer Siennas, Im sure its more than Possible its on the Yarii as well.

I'd like to see if a non-ABS LB Owner can find the Sensors/ECU for the ABS on a LB as well... I'd love to activate that bitch!

Considering the price of most Toyota ABS computers, I seriously doubt it's pre-equipped and just disabled.