PDA

View Full Version : Where to put the larger ICE components?

ChinoCharles
10-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Totally throwing this one out there, as this idea has been stewing in my brain since I realized I had an extra computer and an unused Xbox sitting around... where would be the spot to mount a computer and an Xbox in a Yaris? Its so freeking small, but I'd like the passenger to have access to at least the Xbox. I thought maybe in one of the glove boxes, but theyre too shallow and I don't anticipate a lot of dead space behind the dash. Any ideas?

Note: The under the seat answer doesn't count on this one, that is the easy way out.

riceboy
10-19-2006, 11:19 PM
well you could put it under the seat.. or you could rip out the existing interior and fabricate a custom fiberglass interior.... if you only want to go halfway you could rip out the rear seats and hook things up there... remove the spare... lots of room..

hasher22
10-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Damn an xbox is chunky........

well if u had a slim line PS2, you can place it in your glove box and have a tv screen on the ceiling. since wiring would be the biggest bitch of all.

ChinoCharles
10-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Damn an xbox is chunky........

well if u had a slim line PS2, you can place it in your glove box and have a tv screen on the ceiling. since wiring would be the biggest bitch of all.

The xbox is chunky... when I finally took it down to the car I realized how big of a PITA it would be. An entire fiberglass dash is way too involved for my newbie ass... but I could hack the box apart and see if there is a better way to package the contents.

Found this link tonight...
http://www.xboxhackz.com/Hackz-Projects.htm

It would be pretty simple to combine a PC and an Xbox into one unit. I did it before with a nintendo... original baby. Haha.

eTiMaGo
10-20-2006, 01:47 AM
I was thinking about that too, you should look at the passenger side footwell, you could probably mount something under the dash, there appears to be a bit of space there I'm not sure about an xbox, but a smaller, slimline PC or laptop could be mounted there.

hasher22
10-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Hmm running a gaming console in your car is alot of hard work. Though where you gonna run the PS2?

Since i think you can get a DC converter and plug it in your ciggie lighter, or u can covert your console to a 12V system which means opening the xbox. Then theres your monitor to consider about. weeeeeeeeeeeeee