PDA

View Full Version : 5 lug adapter?

funkstrong
10-20-2006, 10:01 PM
I know it sounds a little crazy, anybody ever heard of this? I have some wheels that are the right size but they're 5x100's.

Black Yaris
10-21-2006, 02:15 AM
I used to run adapters on my s-10's and Blazers to change my bolt pattern to something different... but it also changes the offset. if you used an adapter with the yaris your wheels would stick out so far from the wheel wells, you (a)need a widebody kit or (b) need to move to mexico

Chris07LB
10-21-2006, 07:56 AM
your wheels would stick out so far from the wheel wells, you (a)need a widebody kit or (b) need to move to mexico

:bellyroll: :laughabove: :laugh: Oh thats so wrong.. :laughabove:

03Z33
10-21-2006, 08:35 AM
That's not necessarily true... He may have pretty high offset wheels to begin with (+35-60mm) and there are custom machinists that can make the adapters as skinny as 8mm these days:

www.wheeladapter.com is one place that make them to order in whatever thickness you need.

What wheels do you have in mind? Pics? I know the low/wide with stretched tires look probably won't be well accepted here, but that's what my next set of wheels is going to fit like... I say go for what you like!:thumbsup:

Chris07LB
10-21-2006, 08:38 AM
I know the low/wide with stretched tires look probably won't be well accepted here, but that's what my next set of wheels is going to fit like...

Id love to see it on a Liftback! :drool:

slvryaris
10-21-2006, 11:31 AM
oH U gotta love the rear wheel drive rims on a front wheel drive car...Are they Daytons?I have heard of people changing the bolt patterns but I dont know if you can go from 4 lug to five. I have no idea. This just sounded like a funny thread to reply to.

funkstrong
10-21-2006, 01:44 PM
They're some older bmw wheels I saw on ebay. http://i21.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/a9/f3/b8_3.JPG

I think those would look real nice on a silver Yaris. My girlfriend is in love with them, but I think I'm going to send her searching for 4 lug wheels to love. My search continues for wheels that look like this.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=75&stc=1&d=1137735114

Black Yaris
10-21-2006, 04:48 PM
That's not necessarily true... He may have pretty high offset wheels to begin with (+35-60mm) and there are custom machinists that can make the adapters as skinny as 8mm these days:

www.wheeladapter.com is one place that make them to order in whatever thickness you need.

What wheels do you have in mind? Pics? I know the low/wide with stretched tires look probably won't be well accepted here, but that's what my next set of wheels is going to fit like... I say go for what you like!:thumbsup:
a Yaris has a +38 offset, in therory he could have a +45 offset and run 8mm thick adapters, but changing from a 4 lug to a 5 lug normaly uses a 2 piece adapter that is 1.5 to 2 inches thick to clear vehicles original studs. I truthfully do not see an adapter going on his Yaris to change it over to a five bolt unless he has 300mm back spacing, and that would be a custom made wheel

Black Yaris
10-21-2006, 04:49 PM
:bellyroll: :laughabove: :laugh: Oh thats so wrong.. :laughabove:
thanks :) I saw all sorts of that shit when I was down in Mexico, and laughed my ass off every time I saw Frogger car drivin down the road