PDA

View Full Version : Where is a track I can drive on?/do some tests in cornering?

kac
10-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Alright, so where in the midwest is there a track where I can go and pay some money or whatever to drive around for a while and test my car on some cornering?

Obviously not looking for a drag-strip, need some kind of road course with some nice corners.

If anyone knows of any, please let me know! Can't drive to the coasts, hoping something around Chicago/Indianapolis/St. Louis....

toad
10-10-2009, 04:10 PM
there's putnam park raceway in mount meridian, indiana(just west of indy). i've been out there once just to check it out and it's ok. they do motorcycle races out there and club races too(bmw, etc.). i've been told that you don't have to be a member of a particular club to drive at an event, but they will charge you a fee. you might check and see if they have a website/phone number to contact them. if you set something up let me know because i live pretty close and wouldn't mind watching!

kac
10-10-2009, 04:45 PM
E-mailed putnam park. Will let ya know what/if I hear back from them. Probably won't be looking to do the testing until Spring, maybe we can schedule a yarisworld meet around then. Will keep everyone updated with what I hear.