PDA

View Full Version : Ecometer finally dialed in

rihdrkc
10-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Have had the Ecometer for some time now and it was reading a bit high. Started changing the percentages tank by tank. Set at 95% now and reads 36.3, tank calculation was 36.33 mpg. :thumbup:

R2D2
10-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Cool-good to know. I've got to do that too because mine has also been reading a tad high. I'm going to go right to 95 on mine next fillup and I bet it will be pretty close.

R2

ezhacker1
10-18-2009, 08:51 PM
i never had a problem, perfect accuracy, but thats with no DFCO, just lots of neutral.

rihdrkc
10-18-2009, 09:43 PM
i never had a problem, perfect accuracy, but thats with no DFCO, just lots of neutral.

Did not think of that, could have been the problem.

I started down at 80%, way too low. Increased a little at a time each tank after that.

YarisSedan
10-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Mines set at 90 percent and still overestimates just a tad. I just mentally subtract 1mpg now from whatever it reads.

ezhacker1
10-23-2009, 01:05 AM
thats wierd, mine never overestimates. its perfectly accurate when no/little DFCO is used. But this tank i went with DFCO as much as i can, ecometer read 32.8 (i went a little spirited on this tank) compared to actual 33.7. Which makes sense, the ecometer reads inst. mpg lower when in DFCO, and i attribute that neutral gets you further than DFCO. So least ecometer proves DFCO works in saving gas, (its higher than ecometer reading) I still like neutral is better.

Sodium Duck
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Still working on getting mine dialed in -- blah.

DevilGirl
10-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Stupid question:

What is DFCO? And what/how/why do you "dial in" the ecometer?

10-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Stupid question:

What is DFCO? And what/how/why do you "dial in" the ecometer?

Deceleration Fuel Cut Off

The ECU actually stops sending fuel at some moments, when it can do
so, and not make the car buck.

This is what Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle means.

saves gas when otherwise you'd have injectors open at idle position.
----

dial-in

means fill the gas tank to the first gas nozzle shutoff, and then keep
gassing up at the very same pump and same nozzle for a few weeks, and stop at the very first shutoff. do this a few times and you can calibrate the ecometer so it knows exactly how much gas is burned compared to how much it thinks is burned.

the computer estimates gas use by injector timing, revs, and other factors but you need to tell it how
much gas you really put in to make the tank full....then the meter will adjust by a percentage to give
the most accurate readings day to day

rihdrkc
10-30-2009, 05:58 PM
To add to the last post. The Ecometer can be fine tuned by changing the percentage. It comes set at 100%, you can raise or lower the percentage to get it to match the pump calculations.

The only stupid question is the one not asked.:biggrin: