PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy for NTD 3Drive throttle controller

twpanson
10-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

After testing the market and knowing there indeed are people interested in this product, we now officially offer our 1st group buy on NTD Electronic Throttle Controller
The device is compatible w/ all 05+ drive-by-wire equipped Toyota Yaris (Vitz in JDM&EDM)
Shipping will be provided by USPS priority w/ tracking #

The MSRP of our kit is $180 shipped, Group Buy Pricing is as follows:
1~8 sets: US$150 shipped to lower US 48 states
9~16 sets: US$140 shipped to lower US 48 states
16~ sets: US$130 shipped to lower US 48 states

Payment
Please paypal to sales@twptrade.com after the end of the group buy.
I will contact all the participants for confirmation.

Closing date on this group buy is 11/25, and all items will be sent out no later than 11/30

If you have any question, you can PM me on the forum, email office at sales@twptrade.com/my personal at twpanson@gmail.com.

P.S. NTD Controller can be used along with a Scan gauge or other OBDport connected device, but you need to buy a cable splitter for that to work properly.

Quoted from one of the Subaru Legacy forum member """Now technically the car most likely didn't make any more throttle, but response was much much faster. It made the car much more lively."""

This gives out the whole idea of what you would expect from a electronic throttle controller

Thank you,
Panson
TWP Tech

Electronic Throttle Kit includes:
1. 12 step adjustment switch
2. Reverse cancel wire
3. Special wire connector for Toyota Yaris
4. Installation Guide
5. 1 year product warranty for replacement
6. Built-in safety bypass switch. No worry if hardware failure occurs.

Please post your name:

1. miniTRD - Clark (will buy after/on the first)
2. frownonfun

MiniTRD
10-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Please post your name:

tk-421
10-21-2009, 07:43 PM
How much would shipping to Mexico City (11700) be? Thanks.

twpanson
10-21-2009, 10:01 PM
How much would shipping to Mexico City (11700) be? Thanks.

USPS Priority MailŪ International Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes is $25.95 to Mexico
Delivery time is 6-10 days fromhttp://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10287&M=2&P=0&O=17&sd=0

Tks
Panson

tk-421
10-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Ouch. Thanks!

frownonfun
10-21-2009, 10:46 PM
and this improves throttle response correct? thus eliminating some or most of the lag from the drive by wire throttle set up?

Sabretooth
10-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Ill be best to answer that I does eliminate some of the lag seen by normal standards...I have found that it can be even be too much as some of the highest settings. You can increase or decrease throttle responsiveness, to which of your liking.

I find that sports mode 3 or 4 makes for a good reaction time, but sp 2 is what I think is what the reactionshoudve been from toyota.

frownonfun
10-21-2009, 10:58 PM
hmm maybe i've just never driven a real car but i don't notice any lag really. still i wouldn't mind giving this a try.

Astroman
10-22-2009, 02:15 PM
I saw the feeler thread, but I'm curious if I can still use my OBD port (for my scangaugeII). That will be a deciding factor for me. :thumbsup:

twpanson
10-22-2009, 02:52 PM
You could find one of those OBDII Y cable (some call it splitter) on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/OBD-II-Cable-Splitter-Number/dp/B000TMCX72) or ebay.

twpanson
10-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Ouch. Thanks!

Sorry, i read it wrong. Actually you could go by regular Priority MailŪ International
priority. 6 - 10 Days $19.00

Sabretooth
10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I saw the feeler thread, but I'm curious if I can still use my OBD port (for my scangaugeII). That will be a deciding factor for me. :thumbsup:

The only reason whatsoever this hooks into the OBDII port is to connect power to the whole device, I actually hooked up my crap tach for about 2 minutes to the same pins that the Throttle controller is using, just testing this theory, and I am correct. You could simply just cut and run the wires into any other power source you are currently using on the car, effect would be the same.

tk-421
10-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Sorry, i read it wrong. Actually you could go by regular Priority MailŪ International
priority. 6 - 10 Days $19.00
That still means that I would be paying $169, which isn't much better than $177 shipped from New Zealand.

I'm sorry... I just don't see myself paying more than $150 shipped for this. Perhaps if enough people get on the list I'll change my mind...

whooppee777
10-22-2009, 10:52 PM
i would like to reiterate that ecohours said that a throttle controller paired with the blitz supercharger makes boosted life so much sweeter

twpanson
10-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Update w/ some pictures

yarisugi
10-24-2009, 11:59 PM
How does this wire up? I know that Pivot and Blitz Throttle Controllers have an optional harness to make it plug-n-play, avoiding any splicing of wires. Does this one have a harness for PNP?

twpanson
10-25-2009, 12:34 AM
How does this wire up? I know that Pivot and Blitz Throttle Controllers have an optional harness to make it plug-n-play, avoiding any splicing of wires. Does this one have a harness for PNP?

Yes, just like Blitz, our kit comes w/ a connector w/o any extra charge. The kit is plug-n-play. No need to cut or split any wires. Here is the link (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23314) toward product review from one of the forum members.

Installation Manual for your reference
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2808/ntd3driverenglishinstal.jpg

Panson

frownonfun
10-25-2009, 12:40 AM
so i guess it's just me and miniTRD then?

kustom play
10-25-2009, 11:59 AM
i think it comes down to the fact that people wont pay that high for something that offers no performance gain

as people posted before, most dont even notice a lag or need a product like this

twpanson
10-25-2009, 12:54 PM
i think it comes down to the fact that people wont pay that high for something that offers no performance gain

as people posted before, most dont even notice a lag or need a product like this

Yes, no performance gain.
But it definitely shortens the time needed for acceleration.

Here are the reasons:
1. While entering corner, your right foot only need to push 20% deep of the gas paddle to achieve the speed you need. At the brake point, your right foot can move to the brake paddle faster and brake later than normal. (That means u have an advantage while going into corner)

2. While getting out of the corner, you only need 1/3 of original time to get the throttle open and throw yourself out of corner.

just my 0.02
Panson

Sabretooth
10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
It basically acts a buffer for reaction time...allowing you to have a faster time, of course the more HP your car has, the more noticeable this mod becomes, yes I do feel a driving difference from before and after the device is installed, enough to say, "hey, it works" then when you play with the settings, you can basically 'tweak' your driving style.

I really do think the mod itself would be complimented 10 fold if we had 60hp or more to the car, to just really feel a larger difference than before.

marcus
10-25-2009, 05:50 PM
from i a gathered this thing deletes the econo play on the gas pedal..

Sabretooth
10-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Well depending how you want it, you can add to the "econoplay"

With 7 settings of Sports mode, and 5 settings of Economy modes, you can customize how much or little of an added/subtracted reaction you would like.

SP7 the car becomes very touchy, while EC5 becomes very challenging when driving stick (at least from a stand still), anyone with an automatic should have alot more fun with this item, seeing they really dont have to worry with clutch/throttle play.

twpanson
10-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Have I mentioned that our kit is universal. It also applies to 8th Civic, Fit, Yaris, Lexus IS, GS ...etc.
If you could get more of your friends in this list, you all could benefit from better group buy price.
Here is the list
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3156/ntdconnecterusdmmodelli.jpg

twpanson
10-29-2009, 01:37 PM
We have got emails regarding the closing date on this group buy. Therefore, we have decided to extend the closing date of this group buy toward 11/25, so that more people can get this as their pre-Christmas presents.

twpanson
11-07-2009, 03:33 AM
Update.

Here are some reviews (http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/48476-testing-water-3-drive-throttle-controller-ge6-ge9-4.html) and here (http://hondafitforum.com/showthread.php?t=625) from those who couldn't wait til the end of the group buy.

I appreciate any comments or questions
Panson

camelll
11-07-2009, 12:39 PM
My car has a silly amount of lag. It is one of the most annoying things about this car. I would by the blitz but I cannot justify spending the money on that product. This is a reasonable price but you need to make it so it does not take up the odb II port.

twpanson
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
My car has a silly amount of lag. It is one of the most annoying things about this car. I would by the blitz but I cannot justify spending the money on that product. This is a reasonable price but you need to make it so it does not take up the odb II port.

Sir, the reason that T/C goes to OBDII port is just to draw power out of it. That means, you can either buy a OBDII splitter cable or hardwrie the battery power to T/C to have both scan guage and T/C work in your Yaris.
Any questions. please let me know.

Panson

camelll
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Add me to the list. Let me know when we need to make payment.

twpanson
11-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Add me to the list. Let me know when we need to make payment.

No problem, Sir. Will do.

Please post your name:

2. frownonfun
3. camelll

TKS
Panson

camelll
11-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I thought I read somewhere that this unit comes with the reverse cancel too?

twpanson
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I thought I read somewhere that this unit comes with the reverse cancel too?

Yes, Sir

camelll
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
K thanks.

camelll
11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Sorry twpanson could you please remove me from the list, I have changed my mind. Thanks

twpanson
11-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Sorry twpanson could you please remove me from the list, I have changed my mind. Thanks

Sure,

Tks
Panson

twpanson
11-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Sorry. Guys. Since the people in yarisworld don't seem to be interested in our prodcut. The goup buy will be closed on 11/18. The participants will be given a coupon code for them to purchase at the group buy price on our web site www.twptrade.com.

Thanks