PDA

View Full Version : How much and how long?

Terrorize
10-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi guys!

I'm thinking of getting the Blitz S/C kit.....not capable of installing it myself...how much would be reasonable for someone to charge to install the kit? Also, how long would it take an experienced mechanic? I heard some members got it done in a 7-8 hr session...
This is my daily driver and i can leave it 1-2 days but that's it...

Thanks

RacerFreakXXX
10-22-2009, 01:11 AM
to pay a mechanic regular price to have this installed even at $60 an hour and they charge you for 8hrs of labor it's $480, you'd hope to pay even $500. My friend talked to someone experienced with putting in a vw supercharger and told him $1200 give or take a week or two. Now the yaris is not a vw and if you know an experienced toyota mechanic who would do something on the side that knows what he is doing on custom modifications you might be able to pay $500-1k. One of my friends at the toyota dealership I work at, said he would install a clutch and diff for me for about $100, considering I don't have a garage and I would be helping. Lucky for me I found out he was a toyota mechanic after we had been friends for a while. I'd find some good shops and get quotes, all you can really do.

yaris-me
10-22-2009, 06:31 PM
There are other ways of getting more horse power. Why venture into something you cannot handle?:confused: