PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Genuine Service

Jahbs
10-25-2009, 04:33 AM
just had my car in for a service and asked them multiple questions about wat they would do turns out that even tho they claim they do... they dont check your tire pressure

took me a while to notice cuz i only been driving short distances lately but it felt like my car was tilted when turning
eventually i found i had 2 tires running at only 10 psi!!!!! has ruined my fuel economy for a good weeks worth so my fuel log is now including an anomoly

ruimond
10-25-2009, 04:59 AM
Damn that sucks. Im sure they could at least check it quickly, it wouldn't take more then 5mins or more. That's pretty lazy.

Which service centre do you goto in Perth?

lunjiaow
10-25-2009, 06:06 AM
If its 10psi. most likely you ran over a nail or two. Im sure they would have pumped it up and it just slowly leaked overtime.

AND189
10-25-2009, 06:38 AM
mate Toyota Genuine Service are bull fing shit i had one done last week and i questioned the Service manager on why his report said i needed new tyres after i had just put new ones on, why my report said that from 10,000km --> 40,000 the brake usage was at 80% for all 10,20,30 & 40k and my car would not start when i went to leave further more three days later i had a flat went to change it and found my spair was also at a low psi maybe 10 psi mate i have had a gut full of toyota so i did a little research only to find that mu capped $120 was not that good at all considering i could get the car done for $80 for the first three and $200 fort the forth total 360 compaired to toyota 480 ??? bunch of pricks my advice to anyone find a good mechanic who dose the work and dosent try conning you into a wheel balance every 5,000 km

stuff you toyota castle hill Australia sydney

nemelek
10-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Take the car in and ask why the low tire warning light didn't appear.

Jahbs
10-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Take the car in and ask why the low tire warning light didn't appear.

i should that can be quite dangerous especially when cornering luckily i noticed this quickly tho i lost alot of tread on the tires

ruimon this was the City Toyota one in aberdeen st in northbridge

ruimond
10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
i should that can be quite dangerous especially when cornering luckily i noticed this quickly tho i lost alot of tread on the tires

ruimon this was the City Toyota one in aberdeen st in northbridge

Oh ok....i have a friend which his parents send their Corollas there for services. Haven't heard of them complaining about any service issues. I'll ask them if i get a chance maybe. haha.

spookz
10-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I didn't think the Australian Yaris had a tire pressure monitoring system like the USDM ones. Therefore we get no light.. lol.

Richie76
11-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I've always been skeptical about genuine service ever since I heard about one Toyota dealership that overbooked so much that on some cars they replaced the sticker without actually doing a service.. Find a local mechanic and build a rapport with them over time... Its well worth the effort and ask questions.. I'm forever asking the most stupidest questions but I'm getting the answers that are l helping me learn... And thats whats its all about

elijahsami
12-18-2009, 06:40 AM
I doubt they would do that. I own a yaris sedan and hatchback and get it serviced regularly at Lander Toyota and never had any complaints.....and i always hang around during the service and i always see them rotating the wheels and balancing em whenever i pay for it...i also check my filters and oil after the service and it has been replaced every single time.

AND189
12-18-2009, 07:50 PM
lander is where i got mine from castle hill is where i live and took it to the shop as i said i will not be going back to castle hill toyota ever even if they are selling a car i want cheeper they a full of shit i do however rate lander they are in blacktown witch (sorry for people who live in black town ) has a rep of being sctchy witch lander toyota are not

YarisSedan
12-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Depends on the dealership. Some are better than others. Some are privately owned. Also depends on the mechanic. If the dealership is flat rate. They do the bare minimum to get the job done as fast as possible. If they can save 5 minutes not checking the tire pressure. Which they usually don't if the car has a tire pressure monitoring system and do 10 cars that day. They just made a extra 50 minutes worth of pay on their paycheck.

My coworker who used to work at honda told me he saw a massive stack of cabin air filters behind another techs tool box. Maybe 30 of them. He wasnt changing them on services cause there was really no way for the customer to know. And he was getting lots of jobs cause he was getting the work done in almost half the time. In a 8 hour day he was getting payed for 16 hours of work almost. He turned him in and he ended up getting fired. But just goes to show you just cause you take your car to the dealership dosnt mean your getting some super extra special care for your car.

Like everyone has said its better, easier and cheaper to find a good local mechanic with a good reputation where you can take your car to. Yelp is a good place to start looking or start asking friends or relatives who they can recommend. The good ones are the ones that dont advertise with cheap coupons the ones that rely on word of mouth.

AND189
12-19-2009, 02:21 AM
well said YarisSedan

Richie76
12-19-2009, 10:34 PM
I doubt they would do that. I own a yaris sedan and hatchback and get it serviced regularly at Lander Toyota and never had any complaints.....and i always hang around during the service and i always see them rotating the wheels and balancing em whenever i pay for it...i also check my filters and oil after the service and it has been replaced every single time.

You would be surprised at what goes in dealerships.. Some of which would make you cringe... Mates have told me numerous stories all of which they witnessed first hand

elijahsami
02-11-2010, 08:04 AM
I take back everything i said about gen servicing by dealers..I put on a leaking axle back exhaust, a burnt brake light and put less air in tyres just to see what happens at my next service at Lander.
Guess what all were ticked ok and my tyre pressure never corrected..im going to ultratune from now on.

Jahbs
05-31-2010, 12:31 AM
seems they only check everything if u request before the service hah i took it again and told them about the things they "claimed" to have checked and didn't and well this time they did everything. so yeah guess ill just have to tell them to check everything