PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry Chirp

nsmitchell
10-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Does anyone have a mod or know of a way to make a chirp signal when locking or unlocking the Yaris?

That was a nice feature on my Tacoma.

To lock my Yaris with no feedback, makes me look back and lock it.:iono:

paultyler_82
10-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Does yours have the factory keyless entry, or aftermarket?

Violin
10-25-2006, 08:12 PM
I have the factory set and I'd love a noisemaker too. Even a horn toot or something.

Ayka
10-25-2006, 11:18 PM
The only "Signal" that the Factory can do is a Single Flash of the Hazard Lighting... as far as I could see over the Customization settings...

paultyler_82
10-26-2006, 04:39 AM
The only "Signal" that the Factory can do is a Single Flash of the Hazard Lighting... as far as I could see over the Customization settings...

If you can find the signal wire from the alarm to the lighting, you can splice in a piezo buzzer or a relay to drive the horn.

vodkalush
10-26-2006, 06:56 AM
If you can find the signal wire from the alarm to the lighting, you can splice in a piezo buzzer or a relay to drive the horn.

The first this I thought of... it looks like its time for someone to pull out the handy dany service manual...

hasher22
10-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Mine beeps becuz theres an alarm in it

2 beeps unlocked
1 beep locked

IllusionX
10-26-2006, 08:00 AM
i don't think the yaris has the RS3200 keyless entry system.

if it does.. well ... http://toyotasecurity.buypartsonline.biz/index.html

FIND THE MODULE now :)

Teruyume
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Yaris does have a toyota security system offer to it. if u car equip with the system u will have the Beeping sound, if not only the flash.

Violin
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
A little piezo beeper, a couple of wire leads with conectors and instructions could be a big hit on eBay Motors.

Ayka
10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Where would you attach that though? Couldn't really attach it to the Hazard Lights, cause that would be as annoying as hell if you needed to use them, and I am not actually sure there is a physical wire travelling between that ECU that controls the door locks, and the Hazard lighting system, they may be the same ECU.

Violin
10-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I was searching the manual today but didn't figure it out yet. I'm sure there is a way.

paultyler_82
10-26-2006, 08:21 PM
There should be a wire from the alarm/keyless module that hooks into the signal/hazard lighting system, THAT is the wire you want to tap, not the actual wiring for the lighting, you don't want the buzzer or horn to sound everytime you signal, only when the lights flash for lock/unlock. I30's and Maximas are the same way, with a visual signal only, and on that forum, someone merely located the keyless entry's light flash relay and hooked up a piezo buzzer to it, worked like a charm and had a nice high pitched beep like BMW's keyless entry system.

as400g33k
10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
hmm... I once drove a rental Camry (prev gen) that had an immobiliser/central locking but no alarm. And the horn beeps when you lock it and beeps twice when you unlock it.

Ayka
10-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Even though I dont have a Wireless entry system, I've been pouring over the Wiring Diagrams for our cars looking for the Wire point that connects the EDLS (Electronic Door Lock System) to the Hazard lights.

and unfortunatly.. the connection is within the main ECU, there is no "wire" connection per-say that connects to the Hazard lights.

Pages 193-200 of the EWD.pdf in the Yaris Repair Manual.

eTiMaGo
10-27-2006, 12:44 AM
I have an aftermarket (but toyota-branded, dealer-installed) remote door lock on mine, and it does beep when locking/unlocking. Strangely enough, I'd prefer to disable the beep, it kinda annoys me each time, I prefer just the stealthy blinking of the signal lights. But that's just me :biggrin:

07WYarisRS
10-27-2006, 01:12 AM
I have an aftermarket (but toyota-branded, dealer-installed) remote door lock on mine, and it does beep when locking/unlocking. Strangely enough, I'd prefer to disable the beep, it kinda annoys me each time, I prefer just the stealthy blinking of the signal lights. But that's just me :biggrin:

I'm with you

I don't usually arm my alarm at home because I hate the chirps every single time i walk away or up to my car.
My sister inlaws cobalt honks the horn everytime the car is locked and unlocked and it's very annoying to them and her neighbours.

barryware
10-27-2006, 11:03 AM
I added a keyless entry to mine. The hardware also came with a remote start. If you have an aftermarket setup, you can change the programming and make it beep or not.

I had mine installed and it took a fight with the installer to have them give up the installation manual. They typically give you the owners manual but it is the installation manual that you need to make programming changes.

They said: "We don't give the installation manual to the customer"
I asked: "Did in come in the box"?
They said: "Yes"
I asked: "Did I pay for the box"?
They said: "Yes"
I said: "Then I paid for it and I want it"! :mad:
They said: "Ok but if you screw up the programming, we will not warranty it"
I said: "what ever". :bs:

The system I got was a Python something or other. I am a do it your self'er but the manufacturer does not give any end user support so I thought it best to have it installed. Actually, the price included installation and was not available without installation.

My point is.... Most if not all remote / alarm systems allow you to change they way it works but you must have the documentation. Without it, you are pretty much up the creek.

My Ranger had a factory keyless entry and alarm. You could change the beeps and flashes by a series of key presses on the remote and turning the ignition on and off a bunch of times. The end user could if they knew how but it is not documented. The dealer can change the programming but they will charge you for it.

Documentation is mans' best friend!

Violin
10-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but...

Look at pages DL-60, EWD-31 and EWD-36 in the repair manual.

Does pin #8 on the flash relay handle only the 'answer back' function for the door locks?

If so, could a jumper cable and chirping buzzer be placed there?

Violin
10-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Nope. No current there with a tester altough it could connect to ground. I'm not sure I want to try applying power at odd points of my ECU though.

toy_toronto
07-29-2011, 12:38 AM
I don't like to hear the horn beep like most GM and others, but would like to have something not-so obtrusive type of answer back response using the keyless entry remote when locking/unlocking the car (no alarm) -- anybody DIY theirs without having to install an alarm?

I'd love to have something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy_WpUSCmVg

or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zo0kD_H_Aw

-toy