PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2005 Scion xA RS2.0 Turbo

uberegg
10-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Up for sale is my 2005 Scion xA Release Series 2.0 Turbo. # 196 of 1700

Here is a list of what has been done to this car.

Engine:
-1NZFE Rebuilt at 29000 miles for proper performance.
-Custom Crower Forged Connectiong Rods.
-CP Pistons Forged 8.5:1 Pistons and Wrist Pins.
-CP Pistons Chrome moly piston rings.
-Toga High Performance Main and Rod Bearings.
-Engine block was machined for rods, honed, and decked.
-All fasteners, gaskets, seals, o-rings and other misc. components were replaced with brand new OEM Toyota parts.
-Scion xB Greddy Turbo kit that was completely customized for use in this car.
-Turbo has been rebuilt with OEM Mitsubishi components
-Completely custom intercooler piping by FujiiSPL
-Greddy Type-S BOV (very hard to find)
-Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
-Mishimoto Performance Radiator
-Perrin High Flow Fuel Rail
-Perrin Silicone Radiator Hoses
-OEM Scion tC 2AZFE 370cc Injectors
-FujiiSPL Oil Feed line
-Factory Air Conditioning deleted
-Energy Suspenstion Motor Mounts
-Ingalls Engineering Engine Torque Dampener
-Custom 2.5" exhaust, High flow cat, no resonator, adapted to TRD axleback muffer. Great sounding exhaust!
-Centerforce Dual Friction clutch package
-Fidanza Aluminum lightweight flywheel
-Thermal protection products from DEI
Compression Tested after 500 miles; 182, 182, 185, 182 (1 to 4)
Runs on 93 octane,
Castrol Syntec 5W40 oil 4.5qts including filter

Electronics:
-Greddy Emanage Ultimate fully tuned by HolyRoller Dyno of Bow, NH
-Greddy Profec B Spec II electronic boost controller
-Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer
-Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Wideband AFR
-Innovate Motorsports Wideband AFR gauge
-Defi Blue Racer Boost Gauge
-Defi Blue Racer EGT Gauge
-Defi Blue Racer Water Temp Gauge
-Defi Blue Racer Oil PSI Gauge

Suspension, Brakes, and Wheels:
-Tanabe DF210 Lowering Springs
-DC Sports CS-2 Front Strut Tower Bar
-Koni Sport Adjustable Shocks and Struts (these are the yellow Koni's)
-Progress Rear 22MM Sway Bar
-Energy Suspension Front Endlinks
-Alliance Auto Sport 10MM Rear Hub Spacers
-Brakes are stock except for a set of Wagner Ceramic pads in the front, and the car stops better than a stock xA.
-Wheels Konig Next 15x7 Custom painted Gunmetal Time Attak Finish
-Nitto NeoGen 205/50/15 on all four corners
-Car will be sold with a complete set of tires on the vehicles stocck steel wheels which are studded up front for winter use with brand new generics all seasons in the back.

Body:
-2006 Scion xA front bumper conversion
-JDM Toyota and IST rear Badges
-Carbon Fiber OEM style rear spoiler
-5000K HID H4 Hi/low kit
-Two custom hoods will be sold with vehicle. The one that is currently one the car is a carbon fiber hood that has a 2001 Subaru WRX hood scoop molded to it, which had since cracked from heat and aerodynamic stress. The Other hood is the Stock OEM steel hood that has been custom Louvered by FujiiSPL. The OEM Steel hood has not been painted and the body work has been started but not completed.
-Rear five windows are tinted at 20%
-Custom vinyl graphics: Veilside inspired Japanese Cherry Tree, and Manufacturer names on the front doors. FujiiSPL sponsorship logos are going to be removed prior to sale.
-Scion B Pillar Carbon Fiber overlays
-Side markers and Turn Signals are tinted
-Ventvisors for all four doors.

Interior:
-All Silver interior trim has been painted Gunmetal
-Headliner custom wrapped in black cloth
-Custom built three gauge a-pillar pod
-ATI E-Pod steering wheel gauge pod
-2006 Instrument Cluster Conversion
-Scion xA stainless Door Sill Protectors
-Scion Release Series 2.0 Blue Dash Lighting package
-Vehicle will come with the Factory Headunit in place
-Speakers in the door will be staying in the car. Infinity Reference 6012si 6.5" speakers.
-Vehicle will be fully Wired for rear subwoofers. Subwoofers will not be included in the sale.
-Vehicle will come with the Factory Release Series Front Seats installed. The Rear seat will be included, but not installed unless requested by the buyer. Seat was removed for weight savings.
-Vehicle will be sold with rear hatch cover, floor and spare tire installed.
-Scion Keyless Entry and Three Keys are included as well.
-Vehicle will be sold with both front Sparco Seat Brackets Valued at $220.00, one is used the other is new.

Additional Information:

The car is sold as is with no warranty. Included with the car will be the instruction manuals for the turbo timer and boost controller. Also there will be two CD's included as well. One is the operating manual for the Innovate Wideband Controller and the other is a Factory Scion Repair manual on DVD.

Vehicle Mileage:
-Chassis: 36075
-Engine: 6000

Key Vehicle info:
1.5L I4 1NZFE, Aftermarket Turbocharged and Tuned
5 Speed Manual Transmission
Spectra Blue Mica Paint OEM Code: 8M6
Car was dyno'd at 157WHP and 170WTQ on Stock internals, has not been dyno'd on the newly built engine.

Overall Condition:
Vehicle is in excellent condition. Runs very smoothly and strong. Incredibly powerful for a 1.5 liter engine. Makes approximately 185-200WHP on 12.5psi of continuous boost.
No major flaws with the body, One ding on the Passenger Side Rear door and the usual minor clearcoat scratches. Absolutely NO RUST. The interior is kept in immaculate condition, with minimal wear.

The car has taken home 7 Trophies over the last 2 years I have put it in shows. I have put countless hours of care and maintenance into the car not including the six months I spent building the new engine and turning it into a performance car.

The car gets great gas mileage when driven considerately: 30-35MPG on the highway as long as you are not on boost, otherwise you can see 25-28MPG when you drive it spiritedly. It is very powerful for it's size and it's lightweight. This is truly no longer a Scion built for economy and shows, it is built for speed and performance. The engine alone has 10K in parts invested into it.

Price:
Asking price for this vehicle is $11,000 or best offer. Test drives are available, as well.

A few pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/NH-ZTS/fujiiIST.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/NH-ZTS/S7300736.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/NH-ZTS/S7300709.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/NH-ZTS/S7300701.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/NH-ZTS/S7300705.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/egotrip2vegas/100_4432.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/NH-ZTS/Picture017-7.jpg

Questions or Comments, feel free to post here or PM me!

PETERPOOP
10-29-2009, 12:39 AM
your first post is to sell your car on YW?

kustom play
10-29-2009, 12:44 AM
awesome engine

ricy exterior

TinyGiant
10-29-2009, 12:46 AM
i see that sucker parked down at the autozone in Rochester all the time!

TinyGiant
10-29-2009, 12:47 AM
selling to get a yaris i hope :)

uberegg
10-29-2009, 01:05 AM
I was referred by a member on a scion forum to check out the forum here. I've been a member for a while, more of a lurker and reader.

The graphics are easily removable in no time. :wink:

It's parked at Advance Auto in Rochester all the time. I'm a manager there. :biggrin:

Selling this because I have picked up an '85 AE86 to work on.

TinyGiant
10-29-2009, 01:06 AM
nice. I live over by home depot :) I see the car all the time when heading to barrington. its nice.

frownonfun
10-29-2009, 01:18 AM
good luck with the sale... i do like that you replaced the scion badge with a toyota one.

SE-RIX
10-29-2009, 03:19 AM
I was referred by a member on a scion forum to check out the forum here. I've been a member for a while, more of a lurker and reader.

The graphics are easily removable in no time. :wink:

It's parked at Advance Auto in Rochester all the time. I'm a manager there. :biggrin:

Selling this because I have picked up an '85 AE86 to work on.

that'd be me sir!

whooppee777
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
that engine looks beautiful. did u have the entire block powder coated? how much did all oof that engine work cost you?

Tamago
10-29-2009, 03:13 PM
your first post is to sell your car on YW?

gotta start somewhere...

GLWS uber

Sabretooth
10-29-2009, 04:31 PM
OMG that is awesome!

I like the look, flow is nice. Engine is nothing more than a work of art, congratz on what can only be said as a Class A build.

marcus
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
men if youre in toronto id consider that in a heart beat..

uberegg
10-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

The engine was not powder coated, I painted the whole thing with a 2000 degree engine paint. The head and block are done in flat black, Timing and valve cover are done in gold.

I don't have an exact cost of the money spent on the engine but to give you a rough idea:

-1NZFE Rebuilt at 29000 miles for proper performance.
-Custom Crower Forged Connectiong Rods. $800.00
-CP Pistons Forged 8.5:1 Pistons and Wrist Pins. $600.00
-CP Pistons Chrome moly piston rings. $80.00
-Toga High Performance Main and Rod Bearings. $120.00
-Engine block was machined for rods, honed, and decked. $350.00
-All fasteners, gaskets, seals, o-rings and other misc. components were replaced with brand new OEM Toyota parts. Approx $400..
-Scion xB Greddy Turbo kit that was completely customized for use in this car. $3000.00
-Turbo has been rebuilt with OEM Mitsubishi components Approx $175.00
-Completely custom intercooler piping by FujiiSPL $400.00
-Greddy Type-S BOV (very hard to find) $300.00
-Greddy Front Mount Intercooler $750.00
-Mishimoto Performance Radiator $200.00
-Perrin High Flow Fuel Rail $120.00
-Perrin Silicone Radiator Hoses $80.00
-OEM Scion tC 2AZFE 370cc Injectors $300.00
-FujiiSPL Oil Feed line $75.00
-Factory Air Conditioning deleted (Free)
-Energy Suspenstion Motor Mounts $120.00
-Ingalls Engineering Engine Torque Dampener $150.00
-Custom 2.5" exhaust, High flow cat, no resonator, adapted to TRD axleback muffer. Great sounding exhaust! $600.00
-Centerforce Dual Friction clutch package $350.00
-Fidanza Aluminum lightweight flywheel $325.00
-Thermal protection products from DEI $275.00

Total: $9570.00

There are a few other bit's I didn't include just because I don't remember exactly which ones.

Marcus, There are always ways of getting a car to Toronto. :wink:

cali yaris
10-30-2009, 01:17 PM
questions that I think any serious buyer would ask.

Car was dyno'd at 157WHP and 170WTQ on Stock internals, has not been dyno'd on the newly built engine.

You put in a lower compression motor and didn't retune it?
And that new motor has 6000 miles on it? This is unclear (to me).

Makes approximately 185-200WHP on 12.5psi of continuous boost.

This is a guess, right? 185 is probably low if it's built and tuned properly.

What turbo is being used? Specs?

Tamago
10-30-2009, 02:14 PM
What turbo is being used? Specs?

the greddy kit uses a mitsubishi turbo 14G iirc. it's not big, i ran a 14B originally on my setup, and switched to a VF39, for reasons unknown

uberegg
10-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Turbo is a Greddy TF035HL-14GK Mitsubishi turbo. This turbo Mitsubishi used on their turbo diesel Pajero line and also the same turbo used in the EDM Jeep Cherokee Diesel.

The 185-200hp is a guesstimation, I have not yet had it put on a dyno to get the actual numbers. With the current air temps here in New Hampshire it is much higher than that right now.

It has not been re-tuned at the moment. The tune I have on it now was tuned for both half and full throttle. Under full boost with the stock internals the AFR's were holding 12.5:1. On the current set-up full boost sees about 12.0:1 AFR depending on air temps so it does run slightly richer. I can very easily change my fuel trims with minor adjustments on the laptop I bought for the car for data logging and engine management.

This is with the adaptive ECU that Toyota loves to use with the 1NZFE and in the 6000 miles I have driven there has not been one DTC for a rich or lean condition on the engine or any Catalyst DTC's as well. Under cruise power at constant speed and with light throttle adjustments the engine hold the AFR between 14.5:1 and 14.8:1. And this is with the stock fuel pump and pressure regulator.

With a small adjustment to lean it out, the car would probably pull another 20hp or more out of the engine.

Conservatively, with the right adjustments the engine would make roughly 210-230whp depending on air temps.

cali yaris
11-01-2009, 01:19 AM
cool car man - deserves a very nice home!

anonymous user
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Another question a serious buyer would ask is who built the car, if not yourself?
And if you did it yourself, a little background on your abilities?

thanks!

Tamago
11-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Another question a serious buyer would ask is who built the car, if not yourself?
And if you did it yourself, a little background on your abilities?

thanks!

and you're not the serious buyer are you :rolleyes:

cali yaris
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
^ aren't they still fair questions?

uberegg
11-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I personally built the entire car. I've been building my own "tuner" cars for the last six years and I'm currently working on my third car (AE86) which will be more involved than the Scion was or could be.

As for my background, I am a full time manager at Advance Auto Parts, been doing that for four years, and a part time mechanic on the weekends so knowledge of what to put in a car and how to do it is there. I have done everything from suspension, brakes, exhaust, driveline mechanical, electrical including build my own wiring harnesses and repairing factory harnesses, and I even do body work and fabrication as well.

If you are questioning the quality of my build, which any prospective buyer has the right to do, you have nothing to worry about. The engine I have built for this car has been more reliable and stronger than the factory engine was. As I said in my description I have replaced every single fastener in the engine for two reasons: First, I absolutely hate when people reuse primary engine fasteners. All the rod, main, head, and intake manifold studs or bolts were replaced with OEM bolts from Toyota. The exhaust manifold bolts were all replaced with extended length grade 8 studs and they are secured by stainless steel nuts and stainless steel lock washers.

Between the gaskets and the factory bolts I spent close to 500 on just those parts. Second, regardless of weather the Toyota factory fasteners are torque to yield or not I was building a performance engine and I didn't want to cut any corners. I even went out and bought a new torque wrench just to put this engine together and it has been sitting in a case waiting for me to build the 20 valve engine for the AE86.

All of the bearings were Plastigauged and the piston rings were gapped according to CP Pistons gap specification for turbo applications. In case you were wondering, CP Pistons pre-gapped the rings but I still spent 3 hours checking the gap clearances on every ring for every cylinder, and, all of the bearings were cleaned on both sides with denatured alcohol before assembly.

If anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask. :cool:

uberegg
11-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Price has changed.

Also, coming this weekend, will be some updated pictures with the graphics removed, and the factory seating in the car.

Thanks for looking!

uberegg
11-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Just in case anyone didn't see.

The price is now $13,000 and I will entertain offers. :smile:

anonymous user
11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
and you're not the serious buyer are you :rolleyes:
You never know, I could be tamago #2 on this forum!

^ aren't they still fair questions?
I thought so, especially when spending $$ on a mod list that large.

I personally built the entire car. I've been building my own "tuner" cars for the last six years and I'm currently working on my third car (AE86) which will be more involved than the Scion was or could be.

As for my background, I am a full time manager at Advance Auto Parts, been doing that for four years, and a part time mechanic on the weekends so knowledge of what to put in a car and how to do it is there. I have done everything from suspension, brakes, exhaust, driveline mechanical, electrical including build my own wiring harnesses and repairing factory harnesses, and I even do body work and fabrication as well.

If you are questioning the quality of my build, which any prospective buyer has the right to do, you have nothing to worry about. The engine I have built for this car has been more reliable and stronger than the factory engine was. As I said in my description I have replaced every single fastener in the engine for two reasons: First, I absolutely hate when people reuse primary engine fasteners. All the rod, main, head, and intake manifold studs or bolts were replaced with OEM bolts from Toyota. The exhaust manifold bolts were all replaced with extended length grade 8 studs and they are secured by stainless steel nuts and stainless steel lock washers.

Between the gaskets and the factory bolts I spent close to 500 on just those parts. Second, regardless of weather the Toyota factory fasteners are torque to yield or not I was building a performance engine and I didn't want to cut any corners. I even went out and bought a new torque wrench just to put this engine together and it has been sitting in a case waiting for me to build the 20 valve engine for the AE86.

All of the bearings were Plastigauged and the piston rings were gapped according to CP Pistons gap specification for turbo applications. In case you were wondering, CP Pistons pre-gapped the rings but I still spent 3 hours checking the gap clearances on every ring for every cylinder, and, all of the bearings were cleaned on both sides with denatured alcohol before assembly.

If anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask. :cool:

Thanks for the detailed writeup. I do believe this car is worth your asking price, i just don't like my cars looking that pretty. J/K.. good luck, i hope you get what you want for it!

uberegg
11-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Pricing is now changed. $11,995

You will get this car, completely turbo charged with everything to support it, a set of winter wheels and summer wheels both with tires, factory two tone seats installed, and two custom hoods. And yes, there will be no graphics on the car, I have already begun to remove them.

I will entertain reasonable offers folks, and if you are in the area, test drives are available.

uberegg
11-25-2009, 01:16 AM
As stated earlier I would post a picture of the car with the graphics off the car.

Here is it as of this afternoon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/NH-ZTS/S7300818.jpg

TinyGiant
11-25-2009, 01:17 AM
looks better nakey :)

Giupo
11-26-2009, 12:14 PM
UP!!
excellent car, very very good offer!

Sabretooth
11-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Such a nice car.

uberegg
12-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Last price change before it goes up on E-bay!

New Price is 11,000 or best offer.

Car runs great in the winter time as well, even in single digit temps and it handles well in light snow.

uberegg
01-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Still available folks, have not put in on ebay yet.

Yoda
01-08-2010, 12:00 AM
very nice car m8. Dont think any1 here has the funds for that unless they sell there Yaris.... GL with sale tho

marcus
01-08-2010, 09:57 AM
if i was local i may jump on it. but then again still paying for the yaris..

PHXDEMON
02-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Holy shit do want :drool:

auxmike
02-11-2010, 09:20 PM
That is gorgeous!:drool:
Are you looking for trades?

uberegg
03-22-2010, 02:52 AM
The car is now listed on ebay

Starting bid 9500.00

Buy it now: 11500.00

Listing: Scion xA turbo (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion-xA-Release-Series-2-0-Turbocharged_W0QQitemZ280482538191QQcmdZViewItemQQ ptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item414e0fe2cf)

Tamago
03-22-2010, 09:41 AM
good luck!

fyi, mine sold as-is for about 1/3 that.

uberegg
04-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Just going to put this offer out on the table for anyone interested.

I'm willing to let this go to a good home for $9500.00. I will even throw in a full tank of 93 Shell V-power and fully detail the car for you!

If anyone is interested, let me know. :cool:

zachryboles
04-03-2010, 09:42 AM
dude i WISH i had the cash to throw at this but instead here is a free bump!

hondakiller99
04-03-2010, 11:45 AM
:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge: OMG ITS MY DREAM!!!!!! i want it so bad.... trade for a RS1 xA? lol