PDA

View Full Version : Equipe Rapide (DFW) Autocross #9 & 10, 11/7-8/2009

ozmdd
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
The last events of the ER season are this weekend, both at Mineral Wells. It is a 2-day event, with each day using a different course, and separate points/registration. You can do either one or both. Many folks choose to enjoy the fall weather and camp-out overnight instead of driving both days. Lotsa fun, whether in a tent, RV, car or nearby motel.

The final event on Sunday is almost sure to have a really fast course, and expect a great turnout as people compete for the season trophies. Two Yarii are in the running for trophies, Lazerdot and myself.

I hope we can generate some Yaris presence at these events, since the Honda and Miata folks are having no problem getting their people to attend.

www.autocross.com/er

lilredrocket
11-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Sorry guys won't be at either race because I have work on saturday and have had plans for sunday for some time now.

Lazerdot
11-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Ozmdd
Do you want to meet at the Wataburger on the way? l'm leaving early to be in MW by 7:30.

ozmdd
11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Results:
1st in ST (3 drivers): Greg Masterman - 08 Yaris, blue
1st in Novice (running ST pax, 17 drivers): Mike McShane - 08 Yaris, white [20th in PAX]

Also, Greg is the Year-end Trophy 1st place winner for ST in Equipe Rapide, and I am the second place trophy winner for the year in Novice Class.

All of the nay-sayers who claimed the Yaris was not a decent autoX car are being proven wrong. You guys/gals are all sitting on a great car for some weekend racing, but you've got to show up!!
Don't buy all those go-fast goodies for nothing, come out and race. :)

Lazerdot
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
The rest of the story...
Mike was 5 seconds ahead of me, more impressive were the line of Miatas trailing as well. Both of us felt we left 2-3 seconds on the plate. Some practice and different driving techniques will ultimately tell the potential these 'grocery getters' really have. Good job Mike!

lilredrocket
11-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Congrats guys!!! I wish I could have made it out!!

SaerinRhoe
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Congrats you guys! I just saw this and it sounds like it was fun. I wish I could've been there but my folks put on a garage sale and I was on set-up/take-down duty.

S.R.