PDA

View Full Version : Trade Ratings...

H3LlIoN
11-03-2009, 01:29 AM
WTF? Only forum I've ever seen with no trader ratings. How are you supposed to know if the person you are dealing with is straight up or not? Most systems I've seen are star based systems, 1-5, and you can leave comments as well when you rate. I'd think this would be a "no-brainer..."

Altitude
11-03-2009, 01:38 AM
Are you talking about vendors or individuals selling stuff?

As far as I know, all of the vendors at YW are top notch.

H3LlIoN
11-03-2009, 01:45 AM
No i mean trades between members. It's basically a 5 star rating system with a memo box. So when you deal with someone, if everything went smoothly, u leave them a 5 and then say it was good in the box. If you had problems with them, then you can explain that in the box, and leave less than 5. It just makes it easier when doing trades with people, because you can look at the rating and actually see whether or not they can be trusted.

Tamago
11-03-2009, 09:09 AM
iTrader is a wonderful tool.

H3LlIoN
11-03-2009, 01:43 PM
iTrader is a wonderful tool.

:thumbsup:

H3LlIoN
11-03-2009, 01:44 PM
no need , since this community will take care of the bad apples, trust me if a deal went sour everyone on here will know. and up to now there might have been 3 instances of bad deals

I was just reading the other day about some dude who took forever to ship, improperly packaged the goods, and disappeared after dude sent the money. Even though the package did eventually show up, that's something I'd want to know ahead of time.

Tamago
11-03-2009, 01:47 PM
I was just reading the other day about some dude who took forever to ship, improperly packaged the goods, and disappeared after dude sent the money. Even though the package did eventually show up, that's something I'd want to know ahead of time.

what it boils down to is that Yaris Bueller is not going to spend a dime on this forum ;)

H3LlIoN
11-03-2009, 02:12 PM
what it boils down to is that Yaris Bueller is not going to spend a dime on this forum ;)

There are free scripts that integrate into the current phpBB, or whatever is being run.

TinyGiant
11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
if the forum generates money (from vendors and such) shouldnt some of it go back into the forum? There are tons of people here contributing daily that deserve some sort of continual improvement and added features and such. they put in the time and get nothing from it :(

TinyGiant
11-03-2009, 02:57 PM
this looks free :)

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65730

H3LlIoN
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
this looks free :)

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65730

To quote Ghandi... "Word."

JBougie
11-03-2009, 08:55 PM
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9553

I thought that ^ thread was the seller ratings ....

supmet
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
This is a forum, not an auction website. There is a feedback list above the for sale stuff. If you're that paranoid tell them to put it up on ebay...

TinyGiant
11-03-2009, 09:39 PM
yeah I have noticed that this forum has gone since the begining with good luck as far as trading/selling. i luckily havent run into any issues with trades here. but you can always read peoples threads from stuff they have sold in the past

H3LlIoN
11-03-2009, 10:02 PM
It just condenses all of that in to a 5 star rating system that shows up on the left side of every post, under your avatar. While this is not an auction website, it does function to keep people honest, as there is an actual rating that will get messed up if they deal bad business.

yarisugi
11-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I like iTrader. Too bad it's not available here.

cali yaris
11-04-2009, 12:39 AM
there is an actual rating that will get messed up if they deal bad business.

and what recourse is there to settle unfair ratings?

mr9865
11-04-2009, 01:21 AM
i use heatware for feedback

tomato
11-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Are you talking about vendors or individuals selling stuff?

As far as I know, all of the vendors at YW are top notch.

+1

This is a forum, not an auction website. There is a feedback list above the for sale stuff. If you're that paranoid tell them to put it up on ebay...

I have to agree with that.

Keep in mind though that even eBay started out with the premise that most people are basically good, honorable, and honest. :iono:

H3LlIoN
11-04-2009, 03:19 PM
It's not for vendors. It's for peer to peer dealings. And there is no real recourse, it's just so that there is a record of either good or bad dealings so that the next person can make an informed decision.

Altitude
11-04-2009, 04:36 PM
It's not for vendors. It's for peer to peer dealings. And there is no real recourse, it's just so that there is a record of either good or bad dealings so that the next person can make an informed decision.

Meh. Just sounds like one more thing to be abused. If someone screws you over on a trade or sale, just make a post about it.

H3LlIoN
11-04-2009, 11:23 PM
It would mean more modding, because you would have to have a corresponding thread to establish that a deal did in fact go down.