PDA

View Full Version : multisession discs in headunit?

eflb55
10-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Yesterday I added like 10 new mp3 songs to an mp3 cd that had about 40 songs on it. If I open it on my computer it shows the new songs but when I go through it in my stock head unit they don't show up. I used nero to burn the initial 40 and just chose the burn mp3 cd again to put on the other 10. Do I need a specific type of cd or maybe a different format for burning cds?

btw, i have the american hu that comes with the power package

07WYarisRS
10-29-2006, 01:50 AM
Yesterday I added like 10 new mp3 songs to an mp3 cd that had about 40 songs on it. If I open it on my computer it shows the new songs but when I go through it in my stock head unit they don't show up. I used nero to burn the initial 40 and just chose the burn mp3 cd again to put on the other 10. Do I need a specific type of cd or maybe a different format for burning cds?

btw, i have the american hu that comes with the power package

Try putting then in their own seperate folder, and not just in with the rest.
or maybe you put them in a new folder and you are just not scanning through the folders on you HU?

eco
10-29-2006, 03:49 AM
Ya,multi-session disc's is are hard to handle on alot of diffrent players,some wont play on dvd players,or home cd players.The reason being,the disc is actually finalized on the first session,your just using the rest of the space to write the other session,a computer can easily handle reading this type of disc,but a car HU cd player on a semi-cheap car will choke;Because it can only see one session,or think of it this way,its like your trying to put in 2 cd's at once,but the HU is only programmed to see 1.Try not using multi session,if you want just mp3's on the cd,just make a data cd and dont finalize it,alot of players will see the mp3's anyway,then just add mp3's to that data disc.

07WYarisRS
10-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Good point

I don't use any burning programs to make a data CD
Just copy the file click on the drive your burner is in and paste it then burn it.

eflb55
10-29-2006, 12:26 PM
o ok ill give it a try

edit: I burned it under a data disc and then burned another track to it and that track didnt show up

manborn
01-19-2007, 11:51 PM
are there firmware upgrades for the stock head units so it can support multisession and maybe more compatible with different brands of CDRs?

spkrman
01-20-2007, 12:40 PM
cdr's are cheap, just burn a new cd :)

eijikikimaru
01-25-2007, 05:10 AM
A little off subject but has anyone else notice that when the song random is hit, and then repeat, it goes thru the same list of songs.

My cd containing over 100 songs just go thru the same 9 tracks

eflb55
01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Thats the defect that pushed me over the edge to get a new stereo. I can't stand it at allllll. Drove me insane. Just crappy programming on the manufacturers side. I have a feeling the random number generator is pre-set for each time you put the cd in, not every time you switch the song.

St_G
01-26-2007, 12:17 AM
I haven't had much need to use the CD player, really. I've got a mx disc in there right now, just 'cause I wanted to give it a couple of listens before I passed it on to a friend (I'm anal about my mixes), but mostly I just use the AUX input to listen to my iPod while I drive.