PDA

View Full Version : Noobie suspension question??

Richie76
11-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi I'm Richie and am a noobie... Just wanna know if anyone has a tried and tested suspension setup that's readily available in Aus.. I've got an 07 YR and wanna take it to the track days at eastern creek and down at wakefield park and wanna know if anyone has any suggestions for a suspension setup? I've looked at the overseas forums but don't know if any of the brands listed are available in aus?... Like anything related to cars its all about budget but I don't mind spending money on the right setup (but budget is around 3k) but i only wanna do it once! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

1NZYaris1
11-28-2009, 12:25 AM
It Really depends on what is road legal for your state , and weather or not you need certification for any mod's :thumbsup:
but Coilovers and a decent sway bar is a great starting point

Richie76
11-28-2009, 12:57 AM
I've heard a lot about coilovers but didn't think it was legal in nsw?? Does anyone know?? I also heard they ride a bit harsh but that isn't really a problem but is it true? And if yes is there a way to soften for road and harden for track??

1NZYaris1
11-28-2009, 03:24 AM
not sure if they are legal or not , over there they are lagal here
but the Vehicle has to be certified by an automotive engineer
before during and after the instal , making it costly .
As for ride that can be adjusted by changing spring rates
and on the better quality coilovers shock rates
or you could go down the track of the HKS adjustable shocks
that microimage sell . :thumbsup:

lunjiaow
11-28-2009, 05:41 AM
You could have a look into BC Coilovers that Just Jap sells. Its on ebay too. I have a set of these. It has damper adjustments to make it soft or hard. I have it on medium and its just nice.. Also i have whiteline rear swaybar to help with cornering... I think the coilovers are a dramatic improvement, otherwise if you could just get the rear swaybar to start off with...

rob323
12-02-2009, 10:42 PM
For that sort of budget, I would have a chat with Hotbits about their coilovers. They are a huge step up from BC etc and have great local after sales service if you want to try different valving etc. Their rebuild price is very competitive (not that I needed to rebuild mine even after 4 years of hard competitive use but I know some guys that rally with them that get them serviced yearly).
Or, go have a chat with a local suspension company about using Bilsteins and custom springs.
If you get the spring rate and valving right in the first place, then you don't need to change it for different surfaces.

junorico24
12-27-2009, 09:27 PM
You could have a look into BC Coilovers that Just Jap sells. Its on ebay too. I have a set of these. It has damper adjustments to make it soft or hard. I have it on medium and its just nice.. Also i have whiteline rear swaybar to help with cornering... I think the coilovers are a dramatic improvement, otherwise if you could just get the rear swaybar to start off with...

Ok so how are they so far??