PDA

View Full Version : shady car dealerships

2006fronty
12-18-2009, 11:12 AM
The day before Turkey day my wife got rearended and her Yaris was totaled. We checked out Mazda3's and she was set on getting one. I checked with all of the local dealers what fleet price was, MSRP is $18,005 and every dealerships fleet price was around $16,500-$16,800. We ended up paying $17,000 because the closest dealer had the color she wanted, I figured no big deal it's only a couple hundred bucks.

They told me I was approved at 6.99%, which was pretty damn close to what my credit union offered, so I didn't really mind going through them. Two days later I got the "We couldn't finance you at 6.99% like we thought, we're going to need $1,500 to make it work" call. I thought it was kinda funny considering I knew I was pre approved through my credit union at a lower rate than what they offered. I know how that whole scam works to make me go in and change my contract to a higher interest rate.

Should I just return the car to them since THEY couldn't hold up their end of the contract that we BOTH agreed to? I figured now that the original contract has to be re-done I might as well try to low ball the fuck out of them. If they don't like my lowball offer it's fine with me, they have a unwind that has danm near 1,000 miles on it on their hands lol. I'm really just debating if going somewhere else and not letting Redlands Mazda get a dime of my money is worth wasting another weekend at another Mazda dealer.

What would you guys do??????

kustom play
12-18-2009, 11:43 AM
i would low ball them or give it back and get another one

most dealerships are out to scam you

2006fronty
12-18-2009, 11:57 AM
i would low ball them or give it back and get another one

most dealerships are out to scam you

I'm thinking about just giving it back. I couldn't live with myself knowing that they made even 1 dime off of me.

It's not my fault they can't hold up their end of the deal, but it was fun having a free rental lol:biggrin:

kustom play
12-18-2009, 01:05 PM
i went to one of the toyota dealers here to look at a corolla S

they just assumed i would pay full price for it, they told me it was already discounted below invoice.

I pulled up Edmunds on my cell phone and showed them and all of a sudden they didnt want to deal anymore and they told me maybe if they got in a slightly used one they would call me lol

2006fronty
12-18-2009, 02:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHA that was easy, 3 grown men looked like they were gonna cry.

yaris-me
12-18-2009, 09:57 PM
If you're pre-approved at the credit union, why did you sign with the dealer? Dealers have a hundred ways to screw you.:frown:

touriSt
12-18-2009, 10:19 PM
the best thing to do is return the car, what they (finance) are trying to do is re write the contract since no banks want to pick up the contract or they aren't making any money on the "back end" (interest rate). keep in mind they buy the interest from banks lets say 4.5% they tell you, that your approved for 6-7%

also, keep in mind everyone and their mom is "pre approved" for a loan. I get a few every year saying im that or that they need my specific type of model vehicle since they are low/high demand. I would just go directly to the CU (credit Uninon) less hassle. they can do the whole paper work for you.

SilverBack
12-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Dealer sounds alot like Fun Town Auto (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Oc3WizIRg)

rningonfumes
12-18-2009, 10:56 PM
"Pre-approved"...or Papers already signed and trying to get the car back/make you a new contract?

Yes, there is an important difference.

If it is the latter, don't give the car back, you have a contract, it's up to them to find financing for you. They should have had everything straigtened out for you.

2006fronty
12-20-2009, 03:41 AM
Here's my 2nd new Mazda3 this week lol:biggrin:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/bullardshaun/GetAttachment-7.jpg

AND189
12-20-2009, 04:49 AM
ha ha don't give those pricks a sniff mate