PDA

View Full Version : DIY : Tutorial : Paint your rims....!

hasher22
11-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Well i got lazy so i searched for this, since i painting my rims black and white.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=194291

there ya go, for people who want to paint their stocked alloys

eTiMaGo
11-03-2006, 08:11 AM
hasher22, what would you NOT paint on your car? :biggrin:

Still, a very interesting DIY, a red ring around the rims might be nice on mine...

vodkalush
11-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Now we just need someone here to do it and snap some pics!

on a side note, does anyone know if I can get the 068 paint (Polar White) in anything larger then a touch-up scratch removal paint "tool"?

ChinoCharles
11-03-2006, 12:25 PM
You can't get it from Toyota. I don't know why, but they don't sell anything bigger than a pen.

I really wish people would get away from the whole painting everything on your car fad on these boards as of late... its a new car people, it isnt a 15 year old Civic. Settle down.

SmellyTofu
11-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Paint the wheel caps then. :)

I think if you are going to do that, then do it properly. Don't do a half @$$ job coz it'd come back and haunt you sooner or later.

hasher22
11-03-2006, 07:13 PM
hasher22, what would you NOT paint on your car? :biggrin:

Still, a very interesting DIY, a red ring around the rims might be nice on mine...

hmmmm ur right........

my biggest project is, when i get my rims (god only knows how long thats gonna take cuz im so poor right now) they will be black and chrome. The chrome part will be painted white..........after painting them white i will paint all my badges white............then paint my interior red or white..........oh yea and take off Toyota and Chinky and put Vitz there.....and it can be a vitzyaris.....

Black Yaris
11-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Now we just need someone here to do it and snap some pics!

on a side note, does anyone know if I can get the 068 paint (Polar White) in anything larger then a touch-up scratch removal paint "tool"?
go to any paint supply store and ask them to mix you up a can of paint... all you need to give them is the year, make and color of you car.... it is the same place a dealership would get paint when they have to paint a car....

Chris07LB
11-03-2006, 08:09 PM

www.paintscratch.com

By the quart, spray can, 6oz bottle, and touch up pen.

ChinoCharles
11-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Word of caution... I ordered the meteorite color from paintscratch and it was so off it is comical. It was basically green.

Katana
11-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh my God, this guy has an EVO and he is painting its rims!Come on man, add a bigger turbine!!

I don't think that the stock rims will look very pretty painted.It is that they are not so sporty...

vodkalush
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
ummm, I dont think that if I went out on either bought new or paid the ungodly amount of $$ for toyota rims that I would spray paint them... either I'd buy the color I wanted or pay for them to be powder coated...

I was thinking of getting some polar whitespray paint so I could color match my steel hub caps I got for $30... then when its rim "Season" again, I'd start looking for rims.

ChinoCharles
11-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Don't forget about these now. Hilarious.

http://yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360&highlight=solid+hubcaps

hasher22
11-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Don't forget about these now. Hilarious.

http://yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360&highlight=solid+hubcaps

.....they look like dinner plates...

ChinoCharles
11-06-2006, 08:14 AM
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1779&highlight=hubcaps

That one is even better. Look at ketelone's avatar, he has the moon discs.

hasher22
11-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Im sorry, but i think its foooookin weird to have it on ur car. I mean you can have it if u want, if u like it. But to me it looks like sum1 baught a frisbee and stuck it on.

eTiMaGo
11-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Im sorry, but i think its foooookin weird to have it on ur car. I mean you can have it if u want, if u like it. But to me it looks like sum1 baught a frisbee and stuck it on.

hahahah great way to save money :biggrin:

Katana
11-06-2006, 03:40 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris07LB
11-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Different strokes..