PDA

View Full Version : 6CD mp3 changer -> continue the song instead of restarting the track?

nonopeno
11-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey guys, new to the forum, hope you guys can let me know if you have a solution for those.

I am from Canada, got the 5dr RS, and it comes with a 6disc cd/mp3 changer. Now everytime I turn off the stereo, when i turn it back on, it doesn't go back to the same "time" i left it at, instead it replays the song from beginning. It's nothing big, but just want to see if I can make it not do that.

Thanks guys/girls for your help!

Jem_hadar
11-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Hey guys, new to the forum, hope you guys can let me know if you have a solution for those.

I am from Canada, got the 5dr RS, and it comes with a 6disc cd/mp3 changer. Now everytime I turn off the stereo, when i turn it back on, it doesn't go back to the same "time" i left it at, instead it replays the song from beginning. It's nothing big, but just want to see if I can make it not do that.

Man, I listen to DJ sets... we're talking atleast 1 hour sets, quite often and usually like 2 or 3 hours.

If my fucking stereo RESTARTED ever set (essentially a 'track') back at the beginning, I'd be SO ANNOYED/PISSED.

If this were me, it would totally be a "big" problem. I hope you get it fixed man. I could not live like that...

bigsky2
11-04-2006, 02:35 AM

Sorry, you are SOL.

The 6CD MP3 stereo will not resume from when the time stopped after turning your car off.

SmellyTofu
11-04-2006, 04:31 AM
My Sat nav unit plays from the time I turned off the car.

nonopeno
11-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Damn looks like I am stuck with it... oh well... expected better though.. :laugh:

Jem_hadar
11-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Sorry, you are SOL.

The 6CD MP3 stereo will not resume from when the time stopped after turning your car off.

Thats f*cking balls! Why would such a feature be ingrained in to it and unchangeable? God that sucks! If I had gotten the 6-CD model and found this out after the fact, id have been so pissed off.

Thank god I only wanted the 1, bc on the single CD this is not the case!

Kitt
11-04-2006, 06:34 PM
It should be standard i guess, i mean, if you are listening to the song # 300 you'll have to seek it one by one up to the 300?

bigsky2
11-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Thats f*cking balls! Why would such a feature be ingrained in to it and unchangeable? God that sucks! If I had gotten the 6-CD model and found this out after the fact, id have been so pissed off.

Thank god I only wanted the 1, bc on the single CD this is not the case!

The 6CD MP3 head unit WILL NOT resume at the time it last played when you turn the vehicle on and off when playing MP3 CDs.

But for Audio CDs, it does resume.

So yeah, it really does suck marbles. :mad:
I don't know why they could not have included that feature in the 6CD head unit :iono:

07WYarisRS
11-05-2006, 10:52 AM
^^ Yeah what he said

same unit, same annoying feature. Standard audio CD's it plays normal and will resume, but MP3's suck ass. Sometimes it will resume at the beginning of the last sone that was played, other times it will start right back at the main/ 1st folder.

My advice is when burning anmp3 data cd keep each artist and songs in their own seperate folders and keep the number of songs to a minimum (10-15 per folder.
it makes for a lot faster recovery when searching for where you left off.