PDA

View Full Version : Hmm Idea For SubW. Placement......

hasher22
11-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Well im thinking of getting 2 slimline subs from pionner which is only 8cm in width. Which is TS-SW1241D

http://www.pioneer.com.au//files/products/large/TSSW1241D_tn_large1.jpg

I DONT want to use my trunk space cuz i really need that space, so im thinking of placing it with the rear speakers and using that space there. Though i have to make custom brackets and boxes whatever i have to make and somehow think of a way to fully secure it. And theres the amp installation and everything.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9683/aaaabn1.jpg
sorry machine1 stole ya yaris

So tell me what your thaughts on this guys. Just tryin to figure out the best place to fit a sub lol.....no trunk!

bigsky2
11-04-2006, 11:16 PM
It can be done, but it might cost an arm and leg at a shop.
DIY would be a great project, but you will require quite a few tools and a lot of fookin' patience.

If you don't mind removing your spare tire, you can use that area below the spare tire cover to mount the sub above. Plexiglass this area and you are set man.

BTW, that sub pounds pretty well for the size. I am running the 10" Premier version.

07WYarisRS
11-05-2006, 11:10 AM
is this for a hatch or sedan?

You can build a slim box like 4" thick for the trunk or hatch and you will not lose much space at all. With the HATCH put the subs to the backs of the seat. Angle the box the same as the rear seats and make the back if the box strait. this will take up about 5" or so at the most. Also if you want you can slide the rear seats up one notch or two and that will give you an extra inch or two to play will and take away an inch or two less from the rear that you would have lost.
For the sedan make a stealth floor box. Have the subs fire down. This way you can pile anything you want on the box and not hurt anything, basicaly it will bring the trunk floor up 6" for a loss of trunk depth only, not enough to even make a difference in most cases.

mount the amp under the passenger seat.

johnnyfive
11-05-2006, 11:14 AM
or you can get some of these (http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=33) and it might be a little easier to stick them in the stock location, and they still sound incredible :)

hasher22
11-05-2006, 03:44 PM
As i said i cant loose the trunk space or the spare tire space since i need them both. I ran over a nail once and i didnt even know and it was deflating quite rapidly and thats when i had no spare tyre. I had to go to the gas station every 2 - 3 hours.

Even if i made a 4" box for the trunk, that will take space and the trunk is already small enough as it is. I had to push the seats forward and fold them down and thats a big hassle for me if your doin it everyday EVEN if u have a 3 door hatch!!

So i believe the best place for me is within the door skin. Though i dont know how i gonna accomplish that....

johnnyfive
11-05-2006, 05:07 PM
do it with the subs i posted above :)

funkstrong
11-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I was thinking about that. If you got some beefy 6.5's in the stock rear location it could sound pretty good. I don't know what kind of depth you have behind there though.

twixt
11-05-2006, 10:39 PM
its about 5-6 inches deep under there, maybe more since the panel comes out from the inner sheetmetal

07WYarisRS
11-06-2006, 01:11 AM
A 10" or 12 sub will be too much with out a lot of custom fiberglass work to make it strong enough.

I agree if you can't spare 4 inches of any space go with 6.5" ~8" in that location unless you are goo at custom fabrication and fiberglass.

FWIW The RS seats move forward and back about 6" without the seats being folded down. I meant you could slide the rear seats forward two inches and then you would only lose 2" of hatch space. No need to drop the seats. I don't know if the standard seats do this or not though,

JustYYaris
01-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Hey Hasher,

You know sometimes they say great minds think alike. I was thinking about doing the exact same thing with the exact same subs (premiers). I was wondering if you've done anything with your install idea because I would be interested in how it went or if you decided to do something different. I too am interested in keeping my cargo space but utilizing my rear speaker locations for bass. With a nice component set up front, who needs rear coax's? Let me know thanks!

spkrman
01-13-2007, 11:12 AM
It can be done.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=106

prepare for some metal cutting, and fiberglass work... but relatively speaking its not that difficult.

One that that will require some effort is keeping the rear panels from rattling.

Its something I am also considering, especially looking at the cost of the ED flats :)

plushDJ
01-13-2007, 04:16 PM
agreed, the Elemental Designs are good stuff. M-Pyre has a wicked 6.5 and Adire Audio has the Extremis speakers which are supposed to be just retarded for their size. If you can I'd go with the Adire.

smurf
01-14-2007, 02:46 AM
how about u make a slim box for it..then place it under ur seat.......
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/kuikls2/minisub.gif

plushDJ
01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
^^^ As long as the box still has the right specs for the sub

uncleyaris
01-14-2007, 04:56 PM
You should check the toyota.pt site. The have a sub that goes under the front seat. I guess it depends on the low's you r looking for. Bass that others hear or bass to complete the sound in the car. Maybe look at 8'' subs in a smaller box.

UY

JustYYaris
01-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Those ED 10's look really great... too bad they don't make an 8. It seems for simplicity's sake, the premier 8 would probably be an easier install. From what I gather, an MDF template could be fabricated and placed in the rears current location without much hassle. Does anyone know of other/better alternatives to pioneer's premier slim woofer?
Uncleyaris, i've had systems comprising of 3 12's in a jeep wrangler hardtop (WOW), but I've come to realize that that's not what im looking for. I'm not looking to disturb the peace, however, I do know the limitations of the factory offerings. I think a pair of 8 drivers with 100-200 watts a piece would be just about where I want to be.

plushDJ
01-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Blaupunkt Optidrive, Earthquake SWS, and Power Acoustik makes one too but PA is garbage

hasher22
01-19-2007, 04:27 AM
while u guys are speakin subs

does anyone know the wire colours for the speakers?? Negative and Positive....Toyotas colours are weird with their Negative and positive wires. I know a guy posted the colour chart...but it was wrong when i checked my wiring when i went to re-wire my speakers if i connected it right.

Anyone know???