PDA

View Full Version : oh that stings

birdy
04-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Ok so basically the toyota dealership I am going to, to get my car whenever they get it is also next to a honda dealership run by the same people, just for the hell of it I walked over and asked when they are going to get a fit. I expected them to give me the same answer that the toyota people gave me that it would be a couple months. They said they will have one to offer to the public plus 5 that are already presold NEXT WEEK! and the one they have thats not presold is a black 5speed... which is exactly what I wanted in the yaris.

plus the fit has a tach

oh why oh why are you doing this to me toyota?

stuffy
04-07-2006, 06:34 PM
don't do it birdy,

i saw a fit the other day at a honda dealership, i thought it was ugly in photographs,
it is even worse in real life.

Mad Munchkin
04-08-2006, 12:34 PM
DO NOT give in...I thought the God's were sending me a wake-up call a couple times too while I waited for mine but it all came together in the end. I say the anticipation just makes getting your Yaris all the more sweet! I was on Blackfoot yesterday and passed a 5-dr silver RS just like mine going the other way...it was like slow motion as that driver and I looked at each other with big grins on our faces...obviously a magic moment shared between two Yaris owners.LOL You do want a piece of that, right?

ricko
04-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Some thoughts on Honda and the Fit, from someone who has had some experience with Honda (Acura 1.6EL, Acura 1.7EL, 2 Integras, Prelude and a Civic).
I had the reverse experience while car shopping for a super-sub ..... the Toyota was available, but all Honda could do was make promises that the Fit would arrive soon. I eventually chose the Yaris based on the way I was treated by the local Toyota dealer (I believe in supporting local business), and the car itself. I don't think there is much to differentiate the 2 cars mechanically and I am sure you would be happy with either one.
Personally I prefer the looks of the Yaris, especially in RS trim. It turned out my Yaris RS with B-Pak, and lowered suspension was actually cheaper than the Fit in LX trim (steel 14" wheels, no special bodywork etc.) when you took the offered interest rates into consideration. In Canada Honda sells every car they have, so there is no incentive for the dealer or Honda Canada to give you a break. The Ridgeline might be an exception, but I doubt you'll get any break on a Fit or a Civic. In fact I was told that the Civic, which is made in Canada, was not even available to employees at a discount. Another thing I found interesting is that Toyota has a growing list of mods you can purchase from TRD, and still maintain the full warranty. While there are what seems like a million aftermarket parts for the Fit, my experience with Hondas has been that if you look at the car sideways the warranty or part of it is void.
I have no problem with Honda/Acura and I am sure the Fit will be a big seller, but as a package I think I got a better deal buying a Yaris, and I am VERY happy with my decision.
***** BTW, why couldn't Honda have called the car the "Jazz" like in Europe???? A really cool name. Imagine telling your friends you are getting a Honda fit!!!!

birdy
04-09-2006, 02:14 AM
omg the toyota guys at this place are STUPID!!!!!!

Now they are telling me its gonna be the end of next week but they don't know if its a hatch.

ricko
04-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Time to find a new dealer. In my opinion your relationship with the dealer might prove to be VERY important. I hate to say it, but if you can't find a good Toyota Dealer buy a Honda. Having said that, the problem might be only the sales department. Check with other Toyota owners, if the service dept. etc. is cool buy your car at another dealer and service it at the dealer closest to you.
***** FYI - When I was considering my Yaris, the local dealer was able to tell me what cars (colours, and options too) were available anywhere in my province of Ontario, as well as what vehicles were being unloaded and clearing customs. It took a matter of minutes to access this info.

birdy
04-09-2006, 08:53 AM
tx salespeople are to busy with their thumbs up their butts to look it up.

why?
04-09-2006, 10:03 AM
The new car manager at the dealership should be able to tell you all of that information. If the salesperson is being a dumbass talk to his boss if you must to get the info you want.

Yaris Revenge
04-10-2006, 03:05 PM
***** BTW, why couldn't Honda have called the car the "Jazz" like in Europe???? A really cool name. Imagine telling your friends you are getting a Honda fit!!!!

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Around my parts (southeastern United States), "fit" means one of two things:

1.) When something you wear appears to be the right size
2.) A short-lived but energetic tantrum, also called a "hissy-fit"

Either way, the name sucks. They're marketing department deserves a Monty Python knight-with-rubber-chicken bonk across the head. :wink:

~YR

why?
04-11-2006, 09:56 AM
There we go, the new nickname for the fit, the temper tantrum.

perfect.

Ziv
04-11-2006, 11:40 AM
The way I am looking at it, To pick Yaris over Fits is like Pick XB over Element. SIMPLE CHOICE.
Pretty over Square
Curve over Plain
Smooth over Squashed up mini van
Sweet-Ride over Sh!t-box

Need to say more?

Master
04-11-2006, 01:09 PM
yea go to another dealership. i ended up at a dealership where they did a nationwide search on the computer for a hatchback. they showed me exactly what was available. I'll have one in four of the black hatch back five speeds in the US.

you guys know why the fit looks ugly in the US? it's cause of the added crash bumpers they had to put in. now it buldges.

NickNickNick
04-15-2006, 12:37 AM
Whoops.

NickNickNick
04-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Time to find a new dealer. In my opinion your relationship with the dealer might prove to be VERY important. I hate to say it, but if you can't find a good Toyota Dealer buy a Honda. Having said that, the problem might be only the sales department. Check with other Toyota owners, if the service dept. etc. is cool buy your car at another dealer and service it at the dealer closest to you.
***** FYI - When I was considering my Yaris, the local dealer was able to tell me what cars (colours, and options too) were available anywhere in my province of Ontario, as well as what vehicles were being unloaded and clearing customs. It took a matter of minutes to access this info.

I had the same thing here in Sask...they told me what cars met my specifications in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and BC, what colours I had to choose from, and how long they would take to come in. My dealer told me 3 days, he would personally drive 300km to pick it up. We had a blizzard. They called and quoted me an extra week, so they didn't damage the car by driving it, gave me another Yaris on their lot for that time, and then instead of going to get the car, had it shipped in BY ITSELF the next day in a car hauler that had to come to the city anyway.

In doing this, they assured that my car will ONLY be serviced at their dealership for the duration of its life. Buying my Yaris was the most pleasant buying experience I've ever had buying anything.

Mad Munchkin
04-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Good for you, NickNickNick...that's the way dealing with Toyota should be. When I lived in Saskatchewan I bought a Tercel from Frank Dunn Toyota in Saskatoon. I lived two hours outside of S'toon and needed warantee work done on my car. They couldn't get me in on a saturday so the lead service guy came in on a Sunday morning after his kid's hockey game to work on my car so I could drive home that night in order to be back to work for Monday AM. They weren't even open on Sundays! And on top of that he apologized for not getting it in earlier on the Sunday but he couldn't miss his kid's game b/c he was coaching!!! I was really impressed!

ronbonzo
04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
oh why oh why are you doing this to me toyota?
I finally test drove a 3 door last Friday. I loved it. The salesman and I started to go down the list of features that I wanted. He told me cruise control was not available in the 3 door.:iono: I told him it was a deal breaker.:eyebulge: He said he would look into it. It's now Monday. I see a blue oval slowly coming into view.:bs: :brokenheart:

why?
04-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Cruise control isn't available in the LB yet. It might become available in the future at some point.

Thirty-Nine
04-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Can't they just install the same cruise they're putting on the Scions? I have a Rostra cruise control unit on my xB; it was dealer installed.

birdy
04-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Can't they just install the same cruise they're putting on the Scions? I have a Rostra cruise control unit on my xB; it was dealer installed.
yes they can and its even the same engine THEY ARE JUST TOO REGODDAMNDICULOUSLY RETARDED TO DO ANYTHING SMART

/rant

ronbonzo
04-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Can't they just install the same cruise they're putting on the Scions?
They're putting cruise in the sedan for cryin out loud!:mad:

why?
04-19-2006, 07:50 AM
It is silly to not offer it as an option, it is not like the computers are not already there.

Thirty-Nine
04-19-2006, 09:52 AM
It really seems the Yaris hatch in the US is getting short changed. No tach, no option for cruise (not even aftermarket through the dealer); what gives?

If people want these options, perhaps they'll be available on the 2008s. I dunno.

corey415
04-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Around my parts (southeastern United States), "fit" means one of two things:

1.) When something you wear appears to be the right size
2.) A short-lived but energetic tantrum, also called a "hissy-fit"

Either way, the name sucks. They're marketing department deserves a Monty Python knight-with-rubber-chicken bonk across the head. :wink:

~YR

There already is a Honda Jazz in America. I belive it's a motorcycle. For those who dont like the Fit name, Honda dealers are selling Jazz emblems...

By the way, what the heck does Yaris mean? What makes that name mo betta?

Thirty-Nine
04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
By the way, what the heck does Yaris mean? What makes that name mo betta?

t's Toyota's variation of Charis, which is a Greek word for grace, and was the name, in Greek mythology, of a goddess of fertility, art and beauty. Charis became charisma.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=384785