PDA

View Full Version : Mod's List

riceboy
04-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering what everyone has done for mod's... Maybe it'll give some of us stock Yaris some mod's to look forward to...

Interior:

Exterior:

Audio/Video:

Suspension/Wheels & Tires:

Performance:

ricko
04-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Just the factory lowering springs for me. I know these are a bit conservative for the racier owners, but for improved handling and looks without destroying ride quality, they work great.

jcove
04-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering what everyone has done for mod's... Maybe it'll give some of us stock Yaris some mod's to look forward to...

Interior:

Exterior:

Audio/Video:

Performance:

Interior: Shift knob and door sill protectors(I like the look of the protectors)
Exterior: Window tint only
Audio/Video: Lightening Audio 10" sub and amp (TO owners see XS Cargo)
Suspension/Wheels & Tires: Nothing yet....I'm saving for an anniversary at the end of May(Going on an Alaskan Cruise!!), so I'll be doing the lowering springs at least in June/July
Performance: Nothing yet... Planning on doing the intake and exhaust after the springs. I work at an aftermarket exhaust mfg plant so I'll be doing something custom.
:burnrubber:

riceboy
04-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Hmmmm so looks like JCOVE is leading the way so far... anyone got anything on the ol' wishlist yet?

Sp33dY
04-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Hmmmm so looks like JCOVE is leading the way so far... anyone got anything on the ol' wishlist yet?

My wishlist is infinite ... lol .... First thing on the list would be an actual Yaris. Im still kickin it in an Echo at the moment :P

On the Yaris i plan to buy in 3 months time, it wont have ANY engine mods purely cos id like to keep the warranty on this car in tact for the full period it's valid :P DARK tint and Excessive loweing will be a high priority as soon as i get the car! A set of 16" dished rims or maybe 17" rims with removal of all badges except the toyota logos. Stereo would then be the next thing id work on, cos standard cd players in most cars suck balls, the Yaris one is below average in my opinion.

why?
04-11-2006, 09:50 AM
First thing for me as well is getting my Yaris. I put a deposit down at my dealer, but who knows how long it'll take to get my car.

Master
04-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Interior: nothing much. depending on how comfy the seats are i might swap them out.

Exterior: no body kits, but i like the factory spoiler. gotta get an HID kit tho

Audio/Video: double din AV unit (probably eclipse AVN3435), but i kind of don't want to spend that much. i might end up with a double din unit that can do sirius. Speaker upgrades, not sure what yet.

Suspension/Wheels & Tires: tein coilovers with some 18 or 17 inch work sp1 wheels or some other five spoke type wheel

Performance: probably just a pop charger and an exhaust, since the stock one looks oh so dinky

probably going to end up putting 3-5k into the car

riceboy
04-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Damn that eclipse is a serious h/u.. in Canada it runs about 4k with taxes.... is everything really that much cheaper in the US?

Schmingie
04-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Window Tint, Rear Bumper Protector, Cargo net, Roof Rack ( For family holiday trip), Center armrest, Window visors, Center cup holder, All weather mats, 6 Disc/mp 3 upgrade, Exhaust Tip, Shift Knob ( in the mail ).

S.

ricko
04-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh ......... you wanted a WISH list!!!!!! LR plans would be for 17" wheels and some low profile tires, and a TURBO kit if TRD ever offers one that won't void the warranty (not holding my breath for that)!!! As for cosmetic changes I like the car as it stands, but wouldn't mind those little chin spoilers I saw in one of the threads. You can order them in stock colours which would make life easier. Still debating glass tint, and 3M coating.
Of course if I won the lottery I would start by converting the car to AWD, and then I would .............

TOYOTaejien
04-27-2006, 03:25 PM
well, first thing on my wishlist is that they would start creating/making more performance/exterior parts for the yaris liftback/sedan.

then i'll probably add a new spoiler, a c/f hood, lowering springs, some axis hiro's or enkei evo5, a new set of projectors headlights, maybe different tailights, tints, intake or even cold, exhaust, turbo/supercharger?, moonroof conversion, reuphoster/change the interior fabrics

mmm.. anything else on my wishlist.. that may be it for now. just like my avatar :)

jcove
04-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Interior: Shift knob and door sill protectors(I like the look of the protectors)
Exterior: Window tint only
Audio/Video: Lightening Audio 10" sub and amp (TO owners see XS Cargo)
Suspension/Wheels & Tires: Nothing yet....I'm saving for an anniversary at the end of May(Going on an Alaskan Cruise!!), so I'll be doing the lowering springs at least in June/July
Performance: Nothing yet... Planning on doing the intake and exhaust after the springs. I work at an aftermarket exhaust mfg plant so I'll be doing something custom.
:burnrubber:

I have OBX pedals on the way! The four piece set, gas, brake, clutch and dead pedal.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8058352807&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Vibrant exhaust next month. I'm trying to get some more.....

Idjiit
04-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Anyone know of a company that makes actual replacement pedals instead of just pedal covers? The stock pedal spacing absolutely sucks.

SmellyTofu
04-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Spacing isn't too bad.. it's a bit further than normal and that's why I've got a set of Razo pedals ready to fit on the clutch and brake pedals (accelerator is a no fit coz of the shape).

jcove
04-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Anyone know of a company that makes actual replacement pedals instead of just pedal covers? The stock pedal spacing absolutely sucks.

I believe that the OBX are replacement pedals, but I'll let you know when I get them. OBX is the company that all Toyota and Scion dealerships, use for aftermarket parts such as shift knob, pedals and so on.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't think there's too much you can do for the pedal spacing, unless you actually move the controls. Can you shed a little move info on what you mean? Sorry if I'm a little thick, just can't figure it out.

Goose
04-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I really don't want to do a load of mods, for a number of reasons:

* I did the mod-thing years ago - wound up ruining a few perfectly good cars.
* I don't want to pour a ton of money into an otherwise inexpensive car.
* As I get older, my priorities are changing a bit; I like dead-reliability, comfort and simplicity.

These things being said, I wouldn't mind getting the TRD springs/shocks, sport muffler and those nice TRD wheels! :biggrin: The stock suspension looks oh-so-jacked-up along with what look like undersized wheels/tires. I can't even find the tailpipe on the stock muffler!

When will I learn that Toyota engineers aren't stupid... I shouldn't mess with this stuff.

Chaad32
07-22-2006, 11:17 AM
I agree on the pedal spacing. The brake peddle is too close to the accelorator. I'm going to see if I can do a custom mod to move the break to the left some.

Hyde
07-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Interior:
Recaro SRIII Seat
Momo Counter Weightshift Knob
Toyota Aluminum pedals

Exterior:
Toyota Netz Badging
JDM Vitz badging
HID Coversion
JDM RS LED tail

Audio/Video:
None

C-One Lowering springs
Work Emotion CR Kai Bronze 17x7
Falken Azenis RT615 205/40/R17

Performance:
Blitz SUS Power Intake
Blitz NurSpec-S Exhaust
TRD Clutch
TRD Flywheel

Stuff that will be going on soon
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926

ChinoCharles
07-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh, so we're making wish lists. Not that I have given this a lot of thought or anything, :wink: but here is mine.

Interior

Current:
Stock

Plans:
Power locks/keyless entry/alarm system from A1electric.com*
Tachometer*
Power window kit
Sparco or comparable seats with harnesses
Pedals from TRDSparks
Gauges

Exterior

Current:
Shaved badges

Plans:
Smoked tail lights and headlights*
LED tail light bulbs*
50% Tint
Black Toyota badges

Audio/Video

Current:
Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA head unit

Plans:
Alpine SPX-177R Type X 6.5" component speakers, front and rear*
Alpine SWX-1042D Type X 10" subwoofer 3000w max/1000w RMS
Alpine MRP-F450 4/3/2 channel 75w RMS x4 amp*
Alpine MRP-M650 class D mono 600w RMS amp

Suspension/Wheels & Tires

Current:
TRD shocks
TRD springs

Plans:
Stock 14" rims wrapped in snow tires for winter months*
16 inch rims, gunmetal grey powder coat
Lower profile tires
Sway bars

Performance

Current:
None

Plans:
TRD CAI
Tanabe Concept G Axel-back*
High-flow cat w/ custom piping
Performance clutch
Short shifter

* - Done by end of 2006

At 70,001 miles (when the warranty is up) I'm supercharging it and driving this thing straight to the dyno tuner and having the ECU flashed. That should hopefully be the 140+ hp pocket rocket I want this thing to be. First mods on the list will be the power lock/keyless entry/alarm system and the tach in the beginning of August. Then I'm buying my 4 channel amp and saving up for the speakers. Can't wait. :thumbup:

Chaad32
07-22-2006, 05:27 PM
WOW that is one hell of a wish list

Chris07LB
07-22-2006, 06:13 PM
NOT a Wish List... Current mods.

6500k H4 HIDs
LED Parking Lights
Chrome/Silver Turn Signal Bulbs

Tanbe Lowering Springs
Cusco Type 1 Lower Bar

Disabled DRLs
Undercoated Wheel Wells
Debaged Emblems

Grounding Kit

TRD Pedal Set
Apple iPod
Yaris Floor Mats
Toyota Cargo Net

fnkngrv
07-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Current:

10200 Bazooka Tube for Audio
Shaved Badges
GE Nighthawk HLs

Planned in next 6 months:

TRD Lowered Susp
17 inch wheels (hung up between a couple)
Swap all lighting other than HL to LED
Innovatek DVD HU
Kicker DS60s in front doors
Blaupunkt PCxb693 in rear deck
Rear Bumper Guard (on its way)
TRD Door Sills
LED accent lights under the dash and seats (green)
Maybe Tanabe G Axleback

Most should be attainable for me other than the Axleback

Chaad32
07-22-2006, 08:59 PM
As far as the brake pedal goes....since I am making such a big deal about it I thought I would add this....It lookes like the Manual transmision version has a smaller brake pedal than the auto. This would probably fix my probolem. Sorry to throw this post off track.

mikeukrainetz
07-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Thats ok, has/had anyone noticed that the gas pedal is a one piece unit from top to bottom? Cant really do much with it but put a pad on it.

tca4
07-23-2006, 04:50 AM
Current:
JDM emblems front + rear
6000K HID
painted brake pad
HKS intake
pedals

Plans:

TEIN coilovers
15 or 16" wheels ( still deciding )
JDM LED tailights
DVD + Navigation system
Some body kit
HKS slient hi-power
CF hood
....more?

Violin
07-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Interior: Leather seats (front only - still waiting for Classic Soft Trim to get around to cutting the pattern for the 40/60 rear seat in the hatchback).

Exterior: Rear bumper protector.

Audio/Video: MB Quart RCE-216 speakers in front, RCE-213's in rear. Installed sound damping all around. I have the JVC KD-HDR1 head unit (that has a built-in HD tuner) but I'm waiting for a trim kit before I install.

Suspension/Wheels & Tires: Koenig Helium wheels.

Performance: zip

Chaad32
07-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Could I get some pics of your leather interior?

Chaad32
07-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Interior: Leather seats (front only - still waiting for Classic Soft Trim to get around to cutting the pattern for the 40/60 rear seat in the hatchback).

Exterior: Rear bumper protector.

Audio/Video: MB Quart RCE-216 speakers in front, RCE-213's in rear. Installed sound damping all around. I have the JVC KD-HDR1 head unit (that has a built-in HD tuner) but I'm waiting for a trim kit before I install.

Suspension/Wheels & Tires: Koenig Helium wheels.

Performance: zip

Could I get some pics of your leather interior?

Violin
07-23-2006, 02:15 PM
They have to cover the armrest too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/f468080f.jpg

Chaad32
07-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Are they just slip ons. And how much was this?

Violin
07-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Not slip-ons. They have to remove the seats, strip off the stock upholstery, slide these on and stitch them in place.

I had them done through the dealer. The whole job (front, back, armrest and front door panels) was $1,100.

Chaad32
07-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Looks nice....allthough I got some slipon covers (not leather) at Wal-Mart that keep the dirt off for $35.00. But if leather is your thing that you definately did the right thing. Looking good.

Violin
07-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Pound for pound, cubic zirconia is much cheaper than diamond too.

Chris07LB
07-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Pound for pound, cubic zirconia is much cheaper than diamond too.

Exactly. :biggrin:

Looks like a sound investment to me.. nice work Violin! :clap:

seriousfun
07-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Black Liftback Auto

Interior: center armrest, leather steering wheel cover, sun sheild, Scangauge II

Exterior: rear bumper protector, door edge protection (black moulding), wind visors (plans for door sill protectors)

Audio/Video: kenwood ksc-sw1 subwoofer (plans for speaker/amp/head unit replacement, in that order)

Suspension/Wheels & Tires: none (possibly gloss black wheel covers, if I can find some)

Performance: none

PixieDawn
07-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Black Sand Pearl Lift Back :)

Outside:
Done: Mudgaurds, Bumper Protector, 20% Tint, TRD Exhaust Tip
Soon: New Shoes, Lowering Springs

Inside:
Done: New Petals, Yaris Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Cargo Tote
Soon: Alarms w/power door locks (7/26 installed), GPS w/blue tooth, JVC KD-AVX2 radio, door sill protectors, maybe power windows...

bulldogs2k
07-25-2006, 12:01 AM
hey pixie,
what kind of GPS did you get. is it one of those garmin GPS systems?

TRD_Yaris
07-25-2006, 01:39 AM
2007 Yaris Liftback - 5 speed Manual - Black Sand Pearl
*Scangauge II
*3M Tint
*Osram Silverstar Hi/Lo w/ Phillips Bluevision wedge bulbs (194 = Euro W5W)
*OEM floormats
*OEM mudguards
*Muteki Lug Nuts (25 grams each)
*15x7 Falken Hanabi wheels(11.13 lbs each)
*Brig 16x7 FORGED wheels (13 lbs each) (Volk CE28 replica, still forged)
*custom "deal pedal" cover (OEM yaris Floormats don't cover this area ?!?!)
*custom license plate vibration dampers (paint protector as well, for you guys that remove plates for car shows/photos)
*Amsoil Synthetic Oil(Schedule V) and Filter

PixieDawn
07-25-2006, 12:52 PM
hey pixie,
what kind of GPS did you get. is it one of those garmin GPS systems?

I haven't gotten it yet still doing the research but its going to be a tomtom or a garmin only two that i have found that have blue tooth so that your phone will work thru the speakers to make it hands free (i have a stick l/b) hard to shift talk and get lost at the same time .. I can get lost in a box!!

fnkngrv
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I can get lost in a box!!

You are that small?:biggrin:

Ran Kizama
07-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Interior
Factory Armrest

Exterior
Hello Kitty TRD Badge (In Mail)
Vitz RS Badge (In Mail)

Audio/Video
Stock

Suspension/Wheels & Tires
16x7 Rota Slipstreams (Full Polish Steel Grey)
Goodyear Eagle F1 Tires (205/45/16)
TRD Lowering Springs

Performance
BWAHAHAHA!

bulldogs2k
07-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I haven't gotten it yet still doing the research but its going to be a tomtom or a garmin only two that i have found that have blue tooth so that your phone will work thru the speakers to make it hands free (i have a stick l/b) hard to shift talk and get lost at the same time .. I can get lost in a box!!

My pops has the garmin and he loves it! he doesn't leave the house without his garmin gps. Becarefull because you may get dependant on them. :wink:

Hyde
07-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Garmin is awesome, i just hate the small screen on them.
those with 7" LCD are pricey too.. and doesnt fit in the car too well.

bulldogs2k
07-25-2006, 09:49 PM
^^^^ i agree with the price. I do alot of long distance drives and a gps would be a nice thing to have.