PDA

View Full Version : 93 Honda Civic DX Coupe Mechanically Sound! 1500

YarisSedan
02-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Vehicle has 130k miles.

Vehicle is salvaged but only because it was purchased through pick and pull. Engine was blown. Vehicle has not been in a accident. Frame and body is strait. Only reason its salvaged because someone sold it to the junk yard because of the blown motor.

The new motor pulled the heads off to make sure it was mechanically sound. Replaced the head gasket and put on a new timing belt, water pump, idler and tensioner.

Afterwards car wouldnt start. Found out the distributer on the motor was bad so put in a brand new one. Replaced the spark plugs with ngks at the same time.

Getting the vehicle ready for lamp and brake inspection to certify it I checked the brakes out. The front brakes were recently done. The rear brakes were metal to metal. Had to replace the shoes drums and wheel cylinders. After bleeding it the car still had a low pedal. Turns out master cylinder was bad. Replaced it. Now brakes are good.

Just did a coolant flush, transmission flush, obviousely brake flush, and oil change.

Finally car is ready to go. At this point i just want to walk away and pretty much break even someone can have the car for 1500. It is 100 percent mechanically sound. Red 2dr coupe. Has minor dent to drivers fender but going to try to take it off and massage the end off from the inside. Drivers seat has some minor tears. Nothing a seat cover wouldnt fix.

If your interested you can text me at 408-687-5183 ill cal you back when i get the chance or email me at jasonlabar@gmail.com

The car is a steal at that price. I am not really making any money whatsoever. Perfect car for someone who needs a commuter that gets good gas.

Zefoxe
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Would be all over it if u werent on the otherside of the country -_-

40oz
02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
pics? my mom is thinking of a new daily driver. Her 97 caddi is giving her problems.

YarisSedan
02-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Ill try to take some fresh pictures soon as i get a chance. Fixing some other issues still theres a noise comming from one of the idler pulleys i have to change.

cali yaris
02-17-2010, 11:13 AM
yes pictures please!