PDA

View Full Version : bought some redline mt-90 to put in my yaris' tranny

tekmoe
11-11-2006, 03:30 PM
i'll change it by tomorrow and will post results. i've ran this stuff in my corolla and it helps out a lot when the weather is cold.

OK Yaris
11-12-2006, 03:44 PM
So, how many quarts did you use?

I've used Redline in other cars/trucks. Good stuff.

tekmoe
11-13-2006, 09:56 PM
i drained the crap that was in there after i got it real hot. i actually let it drain for almost 45 minutes because i had to go to walmart with a friend during that time. when i got back i filled the tranny up with the redline and used two 1-quart bottles. i spilt a small amount while pouring and then after i was done i pulled the tube out of the filler hole and a small amount started dribbling out of the filler hole. that didn't seem right so i screwed the filler plug back in to stop it from leaking. i don't remember this happening with my corolla and it also uses 2 quarts. :confused:

regardless, i've put close to 70 miles on the car so far with the redline mt-90 and it feels pretty much the same with the exception of my tranny will last MUCH longer than running that stock crap. i guess having a brand new tranny won't show much of a difference when switched to synthetic unless its cold outside. :thumbup:

eco
11-14-2006, 02:49 AM
I might do the same thing,I might get mine flushed first.