PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: LED standard Tail Light Assembly

eTiMaGo
11-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Having changed my lights to the JDM RS-style ones, I have my old taillights lying around, so this might be interesting for anyone who wants a slightly different look!

These taillights are STOCK on all Yarii here in Thailand. They can also be considered JDM, as the non-RS Vitz in Japan uses these too.

They are very similar to the taillights available in the US/Canada, but with the difference of having integrated LEDs for the brake lights:

http://www.linkinasia.com/etimago/yaris/DSC00388.jpg

There is also one fog lamp in the right side assembly (where the reverse lamp is on the other side)

http://www.linkinasia.com/etimago/yaris/_DSC0066.jpg

I must also warn you that the original connectors were cut off for the installation of my new lights, so you will need to do some splicing/soldering. As far as I can tell the wiring is the same with the stock US lights, I have managed to take a couple of quick pics before the connector was cut:

http://www.linkinasia.com/etimago/yaris/DSC00416.jpg
http://www.linkinasia.com/etimago/yaris/DSC00417.jpg

(edit: managed to find a pic after the cutting, which shows the wires better:)

http://www.linkinasia.com/etimago/yaris/_DSC0068.jpg

I would be asking for US$125 (new price) for the pair INCLUDING shipping by EMS (can be tracked online and should take less than a week to arrive).

It is possible that your country's customs may want to charge some import duty on these, so if you wish, I could undervalue them and declare them as replacements, which should keep things reasonable.

So, anyone interested? Feel free to ask questions!

Violin
11-15-2006, 06:59 AM
That's not a bad looking light.

I already have the nicest tails in the world :wink: but those would make a pretty unique car in North America.

That connector (even if you hadn't cut it off) is completely different than factory here though. Ours are built into the housing.

It might help a potential purchaser if you were to get a good photo of that connector.

You might also put "Thai Style" or something like that in your thread title.

Good luck!

eTiMaGo
11-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the input Violin, I'll try to find the assignments of the cables so that it would be easy to match them to the car's wiring.

riceboy
11-15-2006, 08:02 AM
I like the tails too... hell at least it'd be something different...

Violin
11-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Probably the easiest way to rewire those would be to go to Radio Shack and get two pairs of six pin male and female molex connectors, cut the body side off the USDM harness, crimp new connectors on each side and be done with it.

Chris07LB
11-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Cant see the pics..

eTiMaGo
11-16-2006, 08:33 PM
argh looks like I put a bit too much load on my free hosting :p

paultyler_82
11-17-2006, 03:57 AM
Hmmm... these are interesting, I wish I had the 200 spare to pony up, I'd like to take a look at those LED modules... maybe be able to make a repeatable retrofit for USDM tails with that type of LED module.

Chris07LB
11-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Hmmm... these are interesting, I wish I had the 200 spare to pony up, I'd like to take a look at those LED modules... maybe be able to make a repeatable retrofit for USDM tails with that type of LED module.

Did you ever get my FedEx package from weeks ago??

paultyler_82
11-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Did you ever get my FedEx package from weeks ago??

Ack, yeah, sorry, I got it, and thank you! those were a lot better than the stock hardware, it was still a PITA installing that thing though.

paultyler_82
12-07-2006, 03:59 AM
eTimago, just curious, how do you turn the rear fog light on and off? Do you have a separate switch or is it tied to the front fog lights?

Black Yaris
12-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I just reallized there is another red bulb just below the LED's what is that for?

bigsky2
12-18-2006, 10:27 PM
I think that's the rear fog light?

etimago correct me if I'm wrong

Black Yaris
12-18-2006, 10:29 PM
The one below the turn signal is the fog, I think the LED is only a break lamp and the bulb just below the LED is the marker/running lamps

eTiMaGo
12-18-2006, 10:35 PM
You might want to look at the second picture, and I'll guide you through it :wink:

The top LEDs are for the brakes.

There is also a bulb in the inverted L section which is the normal night lights. Then the inner section has the orange turn lights at the top (white section), and depending on the side, either a fog light (right) or the reverse light (left)

As for the fog lights control, there is a ring on the steering wheel control stalk, but if needed you should be able to wire up a switch to the panel under the hand brake.

Black Yaris
12-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Hmm.... still thinkin about your tail lamps or lowing springs.... wich will my wife be LESS pissed at me spending money one things I don't NEED

eTiMaGo
12-18-2006, 10:58 PM
still very much available :wink:

Black Yaris
12-18-2006, 11:00 PM
100 bux more and I can go JDM though... and 45 less and I can go with tanube springs..... this is a hard one

eTiMaGo
02-24-2007, 11:31 PM
bumpity bump, anyone?

eTiMaGo
06-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Bringing this back from the dead, I still have these laying around if anyone is interested, and a new price of $125 including express shipping... Whaddaya say?

brickhardmeat
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
That's a sweet deal. I'd snatch them if I wasn't broke from the Tein basics purchase. For now I'll have to stick with my US stock tails.

uncleyaris
06-27-2007, 08:29 PM
thomas PM sway84. I think for that price he might be interested!!