PDA

View Full Version : Question about mounting HU

grimez
11-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I am planning on getting a DVD capable HU, and adding an in dash screen later. Will this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/METRA-99-8216-TOYOTA-YARIS-SINGLE-DIN-RADIO-KIT-2007-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38636QQihZ004QQitemZ 140051777961QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V) bracket work for doing two seperate single DIN head units?

And if not, is there any bracket out there that will work? Or am I going to have to modify one?

barryware
11-17-2006, 02:27 PM
No... It will not work for two HU's. This is the same bracket I bought (same vendor too). The pocket under the opening is not removable. Call Metra directly (www.metraonline.com), talk to one of their technical support guys. They will tell you the part number of the mounting kit (in your case). Then find someone who carries it. You can not buy from Metra directly unless you are a distributor. Circuit City is a distributor but when I called them, they had none in stock (the one I used) so I got it from E-Bay.

grimez
11-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Which one did you get... lol.

barryware
11-17-2006, 03:23 PM

That would be the METRA 99-8216!!! :eyebulge:

Yaris-TJ
11-17-2006, 04:32 PM
excertp from same ebay page "If you what to install a Double Din in your New Yaris, please check out my Ebay store. Search by Metra model number 95-8202 Thank you.
"

the_saint
11-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Attention to detail my friend....

No... It will not work for two HU's. This is the same bracket I bought (same vendor too). The pocket under the opening is not removable. Call Metra directly (www.metraonline.com), talk to one of their technical support guys. They will tell you the part number of the mounting kit (in your case). Then find someone who carries it. You can not buy from Metra directly unless you are a distributor. Circuit City is a distributor but when I called them, they had none in stock (the one I used) so I got it from E-Bay.
+

=
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/mlsaint78/SMILEYS/doh.jpg

grimez
11-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I assumed that he had the same problem, not that he was just giving advice... just a misunderstanding and a lil confusion on my end :iono:

I am not looking for a bracket to install a single 2-DIN unit, I am looking for a bracket that will eliminate the gap between two single 1-DIN units. I don't know if my previous posts made that clear (being an engineer, I naturally have a hard time communicating with others).

barryware
11-17-2006, 05:17 PM
I assumed that he had the same problem, not that he was just giving advice... just a misunderstanding and a lil confusion on my end :iono:

Dude...I knew you were teasing. Call Metra and tell them what you want to do. If they have a mounting kit available, you can get the part number and then look for it.

excertp from same ebay page "If you what to install a Double Din in your New Yaris, please check out my Ebay store. Search by Metra model number 95-8202 Thank you.
"

I understood what you are trying to do. The 95-8202 is not what you want. :wink:

bigsky2
11-17-2006, 05:58 PM
If you are installing two head units, you will be peforming an ISO mount which would require some special hardware.

I have seen an install of two head units using parts of the 95-8202 kit, and other odds and ends. The brackets for the 95-8202 kit would be used to mount the sleeve/cage, and you use some other hardware to mount the two head units to the cage.

spkrman
11-18-2006, 01:31 AM
i'd just fab something up for this.

johnnyfive
11-18-2006, 04:35 AM
the metra kit that is made for double din headunit, has a stacked single din provision. that is the kit you want, sorry i do not have the part number ;)

Violin
11-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Not two head units, but I used the metra double DIN kit for this install and put a length of black adhesive foam tape at the seams:

Black Yaris
11-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Violin, are those 2 drawers above your head unit?

eTiMaGo
11-18-2006, 08:33 PM
That's his cupholders so he can always have 3 cans of brew at close reach :laugh:

I've seen the same kind of getup here, but with 3 or 4 sliding trays for keeping CDs in.