PDA

View Full Version : DIY: Removing rear "toyota" and "yaris" emblems in 5 mins without heat! vid inside!

spkrman
11-19-2006, 08:02 AM
No heat needed... the only "tools" you need are your fingers and some floss or fishing line. I used cheap floss with good results, it broke a few times but it got the job done. Use the floss to saw at the adhesive behind the emblems, keep your hands close to the car to make things easier.

When thats done, just knock off the foam adhesive with your finger - easier if you spray with water.

Follow the vid below its pretty self explanatory.

Easy, quick, and nice clean look afterwords :)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/spkrman/th_yarisdeemblem.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/spkrman/?action=view&current=yarisdeemblem.flv)

hasher22
11-20-2006, 02:47 AM
YAY! YOU GOT IT OFF!!!

nice vid tutorial too..... Mr. Nakey Yaris

spkrman
11-20-2006, 03:25 AM
YAY! YOU GOT IT OFF!!!

nice vid tutorial too..... Mr. Nakey Yaris

yep, by the time I'm done there will be nothing but a motor and a seat :headbang:

eTiMaGo
11-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Cool! I think I will attempt this tonight... There are two extra very annoying badges put on by the dealer, but they are on very thin adhesive, I hope I can pull them off ok...

spkrman
11-20-2006, 04:47 AM
the process should work with anything attached with foam adhesive, if its extra thin, use extra thin fishing wire :)

bigsky2
11-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Cool! I think I will attempt this tonight... There are two extra very annoying badges put on by the dealer, but they are on very thin adhesive, I hope I can pull them off ok...

Hair Dryer + clean finger nails

ChinoCharles
11-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Not to take the wind out of your sails because you did a nice job, but this tutorial has been done. For everyone looking to post a new tutorial, you should always search the forums and see if you're posting something someone has already explained.

At least the newbies know now, though. :biggrin:

bigsky2
11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Not to take the wind out of your sails because you did a nice job, but this tutorial has been done. For everyone looking to post a new tutorial, you should always search the forums and see if you're posting something someone has already explained.

+1 for another ..

Well this isn't really poo disturbing, but good work :clap:

ChinoCharles
11-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Well, I could make it... hehe.

Oh no, now everyone is afraid to swear. LOL who did that post, echo_hrs?

bigsky2
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, I could make it... hehe.

Oh no, now everyone is afraid to swear. LOL who did that post, echo_hrs?

doo doo!

ChinoCharles
11-20-2006, 07:33 PM
HAHA! You're in rare form tonight aren't you.

spkrman
11-20-2006, 10:02 PM

Saw it after I posted this, at least I added a vid to the mix!

ChinoCharles
11-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I'll give you that, haha. Nice touch. What did you use?

spkrman
11-21-2006, 12:55 AM
I'll give you that, haha. Nice touch. What did you use?

use for what?

for the vid? Windows movie maker :)

ChinoCharles
11-21-2006, 12:56 AM
To record itttt... digital camera with video feature, full out digital camcorder, or did you record this from a VHS tape. HAHA

spkrman
11-21-2006, 01:02 AM
To record itttt... digital camera with video feature, full out digital camcorder, or did you record this from a VHS tape. HAHA

beta MAX!

digital picture cam with vid feature :)

UncleMo
09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
No heat needed... the only "tools" you need are your fingers and some floss or fishing line. I used cheap floss with good results, it broke a few times but it got the job done. Use the floss to saw at the adhesive behind the emblems, keep your hands close to the car to make things easier.

When thats done, just knock off the foam adhesive with your finger - easier if you spray with water.

Follow the vid below its pretty self explanatory.

Easy, quick, and nice clean look afterwords :)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/spkrman/th_yarisdeemblem.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/spkrman/?action=view&current=yarisdeemblem.flv)

I appreciate this as I perform the same task in a much slower manner.

custom Lftback
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM
wow, ancient BUMP! haha

hexengon
05-06-2010, 04:00 AM
do u have video to remove the front emblem