PDA

View Full Version : Piggyback?

supahflysrt4
03-30-2010, 09:15 PM
hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction. i need help finding a replacement piggyback for my safc neo. i had it on the car for about 2 weeks before the stock ecu bypassed it. i noticed many have had the same problem. i am looking to go e-manage but i need to know if the basic blue has the same issue or not. we put one on a g35 and had the same problem i just dont want to get a blue and have to upgrade to an utlimate( esp since i have a brand new neo i cant use). money is a little tight so i dont want to get the ultimate if i dont have to plus this means much more dyno time. any help is appreciated. thanks, frank

cali yaris
03-30-2010, 10:27 PM
well, you are describing the tuning issue that seems common with the Yaris.

Not a lot of success stories with piggyback management.

Jason on here is using the CamCon successfully. Carlos is using the FIC, but won't give a lot of details about it, so it's hard to say much about that one.

I don't know anyone who has tuned with an eManage yet -- which doesn't mean you can't do it, it just means no one has who can help you with your tune.

What shop can tune your car? What management are they comfortable with? Do they guarantee results? those are the questions to ask right now, IMO.

supahflysrt4
03-31-2010, 10:11 PM
i have a shop who can tune with anything. hes very good and this means VERY busy id have to wait 4-6 mo just for a baseline tune and i cant do that unless another car falls in my lap as mine is my daily. my other concern is i have already bought and installed the neo and only enjoyed it for about 2 weeks. i dont want to spend the money on another system to end up at square 1 again. i have already bought all the parts i need to fab my own kit and i have a motor at the machine shop which will be done in a few weeks. so at the moment i dont have the money for a standalone or the patience to hang onto the parts until i do. even if i did id have to wait 4-6 mo to get the ems running as well. at this point im picking up a fic and starting over. anyone who has any tips please share if you can im gonna need all the help i can get. thanks

supahflysrt4
04-01-2010, 08:55 PM
one more thing... do they make a high flow fuel pump for the yaris or will the standard walbro 255 fit?

cali yaris
04-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Walbro works for me, I'm running 632cc injectors :wink:

supahflysrt4
04-02-2010, 07:35 PM
there are 2 versions of the 255, a -1 and -2 which is the high pressure version? i wont need a 632 for awhile i got a set of 450cc injectors and adding a return w/ regulator. maybe even a step-up for the pump. i think this will be the best way to control the fuel and afr's with a piggy back.

cali yaris
04-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Unless you're running boost, you don't need 450cc injectors.

Tamago
04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
what is the AFC neo tricking to attain your desired AFR's? O2? MAF?

supahflysrt4
04-03-2010, 08:15 PM
im waiting for my fic to come in and then it will be boosted, but just barely for now. it was inline with the maf until i took it off.