PDA

View Full Version : question, do I need my hubs protected by a wheel cover

foober
11-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm putting snow tires on with just the steel wheels. Do I need my yaris hubs protected with a wheel cover. Or are wheel covers just decoration.

YamilR
11-19-2006, 04:00 PM
In my opinion they're just there to cover the ugly steelies

swng
11-19-2006, 04:08 PM
I agree. The hub caps are just decorations. As far as I know, there is no safety regulations requiring people to put them on. I guess you won't get a penalty ticket without them:wink:.

foober
11-19-2006, 05:36 PM
what I meant was do i need some kind of cover to protect the hubs or shaft bolt that sticks out on the front tires. It looks like you could pop on a center cover that would fit in the center area of the wheel. Is it needed. Or is it just fine. JUst wondering if water or dirt might get in there.

spkrman
11-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I rolled the steelies in my monte carlo for a few years... no issues.

Black Yaris
11-19-2006, 10:12 PM
I have found snow just gets all packed into hub caps.... I always take them off for winter

hasher22
11-20-2006, 02:25 AM
I have found snow just gets all packed into hub caps.... I always take them off for winter

you can always buy those frisbee hubcaps

El Jefe
11-20-2006, 03:49 AM
what I meant was do i need some kind of cover to protect the hubs or shaft bolt that sticks out on the front tires. It looks like you could pop on a center cover that would fit in the center area of the wheel. Is it needed. Or is it just fine. JUst wondering if water or dirt might get in there.
no it'll be fine, the front and rear axles have sealed bearings, so no water or dirt are gonna be getting in

littletegls
11-28-2006, 12:25 PM
actually, the hub caps arent just for decoration; they are also to help keep dirt, dust, grime, rocks, rain, etc, at least even a little bit of that, from warping and rusting the brakes.